Jim has anybody ever wanted their money back?

fsimms

Jim has anybody ever wanted their money back?
« on: 23 Nov 2007, 02:27 pm »
Jim, I know that you offer people their money back if they don't like your speakers.  Have you ever had anybody ever want their money back on any of the HT3 speakers after receiving them?
« Last Edit: 23 Nov 2007, 11:08 pm by fsimms »

Christof

Re: Jim has anybody ever wanted their money back?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Nov 2007, 11:01 pm »
You gotta be kidding me!

fsimms

« Reply #2 on: 23 Nov 2007, 11:14 pm »
You gotta be kidding me!

I didn't think this was such a difficult question.  I can't imagine that anybody would get one of his HT3 speakers and think that it wasn't as good as he was expecting. 

I am always recommending Jim's speakers and one of the things that I tell them is that he has a money back guarantee.  I was just looking for more ammo to give people an idea of how great his speakers really are!

jsalk

« Reply #3 on: 24 Nov 2007, 04:20 am »
fsimms -

Actually two people did.

When Dennis and I first worked out the details on what would become the Veracity HT1's, we built a pair and took them to an audio show.  We finished them the day before the show and didn't even have a name for them.  A few people commented on line as to the phenomenal sound.

I was contacted by an individual who wanted the first pair but was slightly hesitant since he never heard them.  Buoyed by our reception at the show, I told him if he didn't like them, he could return them.  While in the process of building them, he suggested the name Veracity - truthfulness.

When he finally got the speakers, he contacted me to say he wanted to return them.  As I recall, he expected more bass extension than a 2-way such as this is capable of providing.  He thought they were very good, but not what he was looking for.

This wasn't much of a confidence builder since it was the first pair we ever sold.  Fortunately, as far as the HT1's go, it hasn't happened since.

One other customer purchased a pair of Veracity QW's.  He liked them, but his beloved 20-watt solid state amp wasn't quite enough to drive them at the levels he preferred.  He liked his amp so much, he did not want to replace it with a more appropriate amp.  I told him to return them and I would find a new home for them (which I did even before they arrived back on my doorstep).

Other than that, I don't recall any other customer asking to return one of our Veracity models.  Which is quite fortunate.  It is not an issue with speakers like the SongTowers that are available in standard finishes.  But when you do a fully custom speaker such as the HT3, it becomes more of an issue since it may be a while before another customer wants that particular finish.  On the other hand, I haven't been able to keep a pair for myself since last March, even though every pair I built looked completely different.  So it doesn't appear that there is much risk on my part.  There is always someone who wants a pair but is not keen on waiting 60 days or so for one to be built. 

- Jim
« Last Edit: 24 Nov 2007, 01:10 pm by jsalk »

95bcwh

« Reply #4 on: 24 Nov 2007, 05:54 am »
Jim,
  How many people are like me...buying two pairs?? :lol: :green:

Oh by the way, have you received my check??

Thanks
barry

jsalk

« Reply #5 on: 24 Nov 2007, 01:03 pm »
 Barry -

Jim,

Thanks
barry

Yes, I received your check.  Thanks.

Actually, more people than you might realize have purchased two pairs (not as beautiful as yours though  :wink:).  They do so for different rooms, different houses, etc.  We will soon be shipping a 7.1 channel home theater system with three HT3's, two 15" custom subwoofers, a pair of HT1's and a pair of dipole/bipole surround speakers to a gentleman who already had a 5.1 channel HT3-based home theater.  One system is upstairs in the family room and one in his new lower level, dedicated home theater.

- Jim

ecramer

• Volunteer
  • In time whats deserved always get served.
« Reply #6 on: 24 Nov 2007, 01:44 pm »
WOW now there is a guy that is seriously into his home theater  8)

Barry -

Jim,

Thanks
barry

Yes, I received your check.  Thanks.

Actually, more people than you might realize have purchased two pairs (not as beautiful as yours though  :wink:).  They do so for different rooms, different houses, etc.  We will soon be shipping a 7.1 channel home theater system with three HT3's, two 15" custom subwoofers, a pair of HT1's and a pair of dipole/bipole surround speakers to a gentleman who already had a 5.1 channel HT3-based home theater.  One system is upstairs in the family room and one in his new lower level, dedicated home theater.

- Jim

Msleb

« Reply #7 on: 9 Dec 2007, 11:53 pm »
Hey --Glad I checked in--that's me you are referring to as a Gentleman! :wink:

I have been working with Jim over the past several years. I was already enthralled with my HT3 system in my family room (a pair of HT3's, an HTC, a dedicated sub, and 2 sealed HT 1's for surrounds) but the room location and family members' homework and sleep habits (that is, they like to do both without music or movies blasting) limited my opportunities for really letting it all hang out. Still, I have been greatly enjoying their sound for 2 (or 3?) years and they are a beautiful (visually and aurally) part of our room. So, when I decided to go hog wild and build a dedicated home theater in our basement (with careful attention to building a room that is acoustically isolated-to really allow some blood pumping volume--and acoustically treated-for a top notch internal listening environment) I didn't hesitate to contact Jim.

As I have been planning (and now, nearly finishing) this project, the type A in me rose to the surface and I probably am responsible for delaying Jim in filling his other orders with the amount of hand holding/emailing etc I required. In all seriousness, I had some specific ideas and Jim worked with me and some other people I was consulting with to develop a custom product to fit my requirement--ranging from unique port placements to allow specific speaker placement, to subwoofer cabinet dimension decisions, to the creation of a new speaker which allows me to use dipole speakers along the side wall (for a diffuse sound field there) to HT 1's in the rear (for pinpoint imaging in the rear).

I can hardly wait to finish and start watching and listening--I can't thank Jim enough for all of his willingness to give me what I wanted, rather than giving me a cookie cutter product. And, as if all of that isn't enough, Jim was kind enough to store my completed speakers for several months when my project fell behind schedule (imagine that!)

If anyone lives in the suburbs of Boston and wants to check things out after the new year give me a shout!

Thanks, Jim!
Mark

rydenfan

« Reply #8 on: 12 Dec 2007, 01:44 am »
I will be helping a buddy of mine set-up a modest home theater in Lakeville in the middle of January. I would be thrilled to listen to your set-up!!

Msleb

« Reply #9 on: 17 Dec 2007, 03:48 am »
Sure--I should (hopefully) be done by then (ie the HT set up)--drop me a PM as we get closer!