SP Technology at RMAF 2007 - Room 9014

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
SP Technology at RMAF 2007 - Room 9014
« on: 3 Oct 2007, 03:16 am »
Friends,

Well... it looks like someone is smiling upon us. :angel:

We'll be in Room 9014 by the good graces of Chris Hoff at Balanced Power Technologies http://www.b-p-t.com/  I'd like to personally thank Chris for his most kind offer and sincerely hope that our speakers will be a good compliment to the rest of his fine equipment. 

I'd also like to thank Ryan (TurboFC3S ) for getting us connected.  He will be demonstrating an outstanding open baffle design of his own creation that incorporates our waveguide.  You'll be able to hear both his and our Continuum 2.5 MKIIIs in a side-by-side comparison.  It should prove to be a very interesting demonstration which I'm sure you'll enjoy.  Oh...and don't be afraid to admit if you like his baby better.  Remember:  I'm the grandpa! :lol:

The Continuum 2.5s we will be bringing incorporate our new solid hardwood construction, consisting of Walnut fronts, tops & bottoms along with Fiddleback Curly Maple side panels.  We really like the combo and we're hoping you will too.  I'll post pictures soon.  They'll have all Mundorf crossover components and will be wired with my own "R.A. Smith" cables internally too.

Hope to see you there! :D
-Bob
« Last Edit: 14 Jan 2008, 11:33 pm by SP Pres »

Russell Dawkins

Re: SP Technology at RMAF 2007 - Room 9014
« Reply #1 on: 3 Oct 2007, 04:46 am »
Boy ... now I really wish I were going.
There are so many things this time around that I would specifically like to hear.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #2 on: 3 Oct 2007, 02:44 pm »
Kick ass Bob!  Glad to hear it worked between you and Chris. 

Now I'm really stressing though, cuz I'm sure your totally ironed-out crossover is going to kill my 'throwing darts in the dark' crossover  :|

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #3 on: 6 Oct 2007, 04:22 am »
I'm happy to read that the SP Tech speakers will be making it to RMAF '07....now people can hear them for themselves... 8)

(Set them up good....and don't forget some acoustic treatments.... :wink:)
« Last Edit: 6 Oct 2007, 05:47 am by lonewolfny42 »

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #4 on: 6 Oct 2007, 03:11 pm »
Bob,

I am really glad your coming and relieved to know you have a room to exhibit in. That's really good gear your showing with and I know your room will sound great.

It will be good to see you again. Let's hook up for dinner or something at least once if we can. You can bring Eddie Haskel along too if you like.  :wink:  It will be good to see him again too.

Ryan, I look forward to meeting you as well.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #5 on: 11 Oct 2007, 07:46 am »
Nuforce Ref 9SEV2 will be driving these speakers. Unfortunately P-9 didn't make it there in time (Bob gave us a short notice!)

alotaklipsch

« Reply #6 on: 12 Oct 2007, 02:06 am »
SEE YALL TOMORROW, BRINGING MY CHECKBOOKS :duh: :drool:GET IT, PLURAL :lol: :thumb: :green:

STEVE
SMILIN AUDIO

mcullinan

« Reply #7 on: 12 Oct 2007, 05:38 pm »
Let us know who gets those beautiful Continuum 2.5 s!!!!
Mike

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #8 on: 14 Oct 2007, 05:57 am »
Well, I finally got to hear those vaunted Revelation Mk III's (yes, Mk III's) at Steve Chang's.  Thanks to Steve and Bob for putting on a wonderful listening party, including great food, drinks and a chance to spend a lot of time with TopRound, Double Ugly, RodMCV, Olga, PeteG among others.  We had a blast.

Oh.....the Revs?   They were simply the best speakers I've ever heard, with an almost scary (no, make that really scary) sense of dynamics and full range output.  Bob forced Steve to crank up his great H-Cat/Spectron system to silly 110db listening levels as we ended the day with the Sheffield Drum record sounding like every thwack would blow Steve's windows out...but didn't even cause the Revs to raise its low blood pressure one iota.  Earlier in the evening we listened to every sort of music genre known to man, from Mussorgsky to Jason Smith's original recordings (very nice) to Deep Purple Smoke on the Water!  My comp disc (none of the above, included Cassandra Wilson to Radiohead)) never sounded so good. 

Bob is one or two reviews away from making this world-beating speaker design the talk of the entire audio world.  The SP Tech sound must be heard to be believed.

In other related news, the Continuum 2.5's in the BPT room were fired up today, and despite their difficult environment (RMAF room acoustics, room placement outside Ryan's prototypes, etc.) they sounded very good and produced the most musical bass I heard at the show....until, of course, I heard the Revelations at Steve's house........ :thumb:

phoenix_rising

« Reply #9 on: 14 Oct 2007, 01:07 pm »
It would probably help Bob the most if those people that had Timepieces/Revelations of all kinds started spreading their thoughts around the internet, not just Audiocircle. This would help get the word out faster and help Bob establish a thriving business, it would also help get him the reviews that he needs to get the word out to the masses. As soon as I get my Timepiece Mini's I will write a review myself and spread it around.

Its all about the noise level.

ted_b

• Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: 14 Oct 2007, 01:43 pm »
Good post.  Agreed.  I'm gonna post my thoughts about these over on Audiogon, Hoffman, and AVS to name a few.  As the joke once said.."I'm Telling Everybody!"

bbchem

« Reply #11 on: 14 Oct 2007, 02:33 pm »
 :lol: Bob if your out there, I also can't wait to get my Minis and post my thoughts. I agree we need to get the word out on other platforms. I have never heard the SP tech, but from all the noise levels out there I have put together a totally overwhelmingly positive mental picture of Bobs design and can't wait to put the pedal to the metal!!   aa

RodMCV

« Reply #12 on: 16 Oct 2007, 07:26 pm »
Wow, Wow, Wow, Wow
See my coments on the " Have you heard/SP Tech Room ?" thread
Regards,
Rod

RodMCV

« Reply #13 on: 16 Oct 2007, 09:59 pm »
Ted

That night at Steves was so otherworldly that I'm glad others( maybe more grounded in
current audio eq. capability then I ) were also there.

You gave an excellent post.

Rod

questfortone

« Reply #14 on: 16 Oct 2007, 11:07 pm »
I normally don't share my opinions AC (NT) because I don't like to say anything bad about someone's labor of love, but this time I must - the SP Tech's are the most musical speakers I ever had the pleasure of listening to. I am always skeptical of any new product that comes out because I have been let down so many times by the hype and BS. Not this time, these are for real. I can't wait until Ted B get's his Revelations/Timepiece's, so I can go over and listen to his system.
 One more thing, all of us that went to Steve's (thanks again Steve for hosting a great evening) had the best opportunity to hear how well the Revelations handled all kinds of music extremely well. I would think any serious speaker designer who is exhibiting at RMAF and wants to show his speaker system in the best environment, next year, set up a local - in home demo, like Bob did. For me, it's the only way to really hear what the speakers will sound like in a person's home and that may be the deal breaker. I really enjoyed spending the evening with Bob, Jason and Steve and all the other great guys (and gals) that came. I came away with some new friendships which makes this hobby so enjoyable.

topround

« Reply #15 on: 16 Oct 2007, 11:12 pm »
No doubt Ted will have one of the best home theatre sound systems on the planet :thumb:
For under a million dollars :)

I know Ted will spend a lot of time indoors for a while, better take a hike every once in awhile :lol:
and get some sun, you will need it.

mcullinan

« Reply #16 on: 16 Oct 2007, 11:22 pm »
damn the folks spreading the SP love are popping out of the speaker cabinet wood and veneer. Can't wait to hear the TP 3s!!!!
mike

ted_b

• Volunteer
« Reply #17 on: 17 Oct 2007, 12:20 am »
.....I can't wait until Ted B get's his Revelations/Timepiece's, so I can go over and listen to his system.....

Rob,
Hey, no offense about Timepieces or anything but don't you mean Revelations/Continuums?   :lol:  Come over to hear my system?  Hell, you'll be helping Bob and I set the damn things up!!   :D :D

Thanks for being a great friend and joining me on this audissey.  We had a great time, and made new friends.  Now I just need to figure out how to make it up to my lovely wife (our 29th wedding anniversary was Sunday  :duh:).   

:D

Double Ugly

« Reply #18 on: 17 Oct 2007, 03:06 am »
No doubt Ted will have one of the best home theatre sound systems on the planet :thumb:
For under a million dollars :)

No doubt!

After what you heard, can you imagine the sound Ted's system will produce should he decide to add a couple of Infra-Wave subs (same as the Rev's T-line bass) into the mix? 

Holy Schnikies!  :o

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #19 on: 17 Oct 2007, 03:11 am »
I normally don't share my opinions AC (NT) because I don't like to say anything bad about someone's labor of love, but this time I must - the SP Tech's are the most musical speakers I ever had the pleasure of listening to. I am always skeptical of any new product that comes out because I have been let down so many times by the hype and BS. Not this time, these are for real. I can't wait until Ted B get's his Revelations/Timepiece's, so I can go over and listen to his system.
 One more thing, all of us that went to Steve's (thanks again Steve for hosting a great evening) had the best opportunity to hear how well the Revelations handled all kinds of music extremely well. I would think any serious speaker designer who is exhibiting at RMAF and wants to show his speaker system in the best environment, next year, set up a local - in home demo, like Bob did. For me, it's the only way to really hear what the speakers will sound like in a person's home and that may be the deal breaker. I really enjoyed spending the evening with Bob, Jason and Steve and all the other great guys (and gals) that came. I came away with some new friendships which makes this hobby so enjoyable.

Rob,

It was great meeting you and I am glad you enjoyed the show and event at Steve's.

Hopefully we will meet again at Ted's gala HT premier at date to be determined later...   :lol: :lol: :lol:

George