SP Technology at RMAF 2007 - Room 9014

questfortone

Re: SP Technology at RMAF 2007 - Room 9014
« Reply #20 on: 18 Oct 2007, 02:33 pm »
Thanks George, it was great to meet you and all the AC members that have been so active on the forum. Hope to see you at Ted premier event!

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #21 on: 18 Oct 2007, 03:10 pm »
You guys and your "Ted Premier Event" thing.   :o

Guess I gotta go order some food and beverages.....wait, I think I'll coordinate with Bob.  The beer may get pretty warm... :lol: :lol:

questfortone

« Reply #22 on: 18 Oct 2007, 06:34 pm »
Good Idea Ted, and better get the construction in the room ready too.

Duke

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.audiokinesis.com
« Reply #23 on: 18 Oct 2007, 08:17 pm »
Hello Double,

Thanks for coming up to my room at RMAF; it was great to meet you in person.  Also I enjoyed immensely talking with Bob - it was an honor for him to take the time to drop in.  I managed to spend a few minutes in 9014 on Sunday morning, but he wasn't there nor were his speakers hooked up.

Duke

Aether Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.aetheraudio.com
« Reply #24 on: 18 Oct 2007, 08:56 pm »
Everyone,

Thanks for coming by the room.  Since our presence there was only as a result of Chris Hoff's graciousness, we didn't really get to do the kind of presentation we would have preferred.  But... that's the consequence of sharing a room.  Nevertheless, at least some of you got to see what our new designs look like "in the flesh."

I also would like to take the time to recommend Balanced Power Technologies gear.  I don't think I've ever heard such a "black" background before.  Chris does it the right way too... true balanced transformers - just like pro recording studio designers have recommended for years.  If I didn't know why they advocate such before... I do now! :o

Finally...next time we do a show... aa it's "all or nothing."  For those "in the know" can you imagine the Revs in one of those big convention rooms? :bounce:
We would be THE talk of the show!  God willing and the creek don't rise - NEXT YEAR!!! :thumb:

-Bob

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #25 on: 18 Oct 2007, 09:58 pm »
I also would like to take the time to recommend Balanced Power Technologies gear.  I don't think I've ever heard such a "black" background before.  Chris does it the right way too... true balanced transformers - just like pro recording studio designers have recommended for years.  If I didn't know why they advocate such before... I do now! :o

I can certainly second that!  I've got these prototype speakers back home and hooked up, and the first thing I noticed was the hissssss.  Now that I have such a dynamic tweeter, the balanced power conditioner is a must!  Before the hiss was there, just not noticable. 

Chris, hurry up and get mine built  :P

Double Ugly

« Reply #26 on: 19 Oct 2007, 02:22 am »
Hello Double,

Thanks for coming up to my room at RMAF; it was great to meet you in person.  Also I enjoyed immensely talking with Bob - it was an honor for him to take the time to drop in.  I managed to spend a few minutes in 9014 on Sunday morning, but he wasn't there nor were his speakers hooked up.

Duke

Hi Duke,

It was a pleasure making your acquaintance, and hearing your speakers was a treat.  This year's show had far too many rooms with mediocre (at best) speakers IMHO, but your room was a part of a very small - but very good - minority.

Congratulations.  :thumb:

-Jim

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #27 on: 19 Oct 2007, 03:49 am »
Everyone,

Thanks for coming by the room.  Since our presence there was only as a result of Chris Hoff's graciousness, we didn't really get to do the kind of presentation we would have preferred.  But... that's the consequence of sharing a room.  Nevertheless, at least some of you got to see what our new designs look like "in the flesh."

:

-Bob

Ya'know Bob, I've been saying just what you've described for the last 4 years now but there's always those who swear Chris Hoff's transformers "color" their systems. To my ears, the only color that comes to mind is black,,, piano black.  8) My BP 2.5 is modded to the tilt and then some, with a lot of the credit going to Chris for coming up with his tweaks and also to Mark Hampton for his insights into ERS shielding that I applied on the transformer to help shield the transformer's EMI emissions from the 5 duplex outlets.

When someone of your stature Bob speaks up about BPT, it just warms my heart cuz it was Chris's conditioner that got me into high end audio,,, straight up! :thumb:

Robin

PS, I hope 1 of these days to have an opportunity to audtion your waveguide loudspeakers. Maybe I'll just have schedule a visit to Lonewolf's pad.  :o :D