Meeting?

Merle

• http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/modules.php?op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=albums.php
Meeting?
« on: 1 Jun 2007, 08:23 pm »
Anyone up for a meeting? If there is a weekend soon that works for people, I'll arrange around that. Most any weekend is good as long as I have a bit of notice. I'd be happy to burn something on the grill as well as supply the beer. Anyone?

bunky

Re: Meeting?
« Reply #1 on: 1 Jun 2007, 08:52 pm »
Anyone up for a meeting? If there is a weekend soon that works for people, I'll arrange around that. Most any weekend is good as long as I have a bit of notice. I'd be happy to burn something on the grill as well as supply the beer. Anyone?
Hey Merle,long time no see :thumb: it sounds good to me 8)

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #2 on: 1 Jun 2007, 08:59 pm »
Sounds good.  Saturday afternoon to early evening works the best for me. :thumb:

Merle

• http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/modules.php?op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=albums.php
« Reply #3 on: 4 Jun 2007, 12:46 pm »
How does Saturday, June 23rd work? Say, start at 1pm.

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 11 Jun 2007, 07:49 pm »
Sorry Merle,

I just don't think I should push my luck by committing to this and then try to get back home in time to go to the Rush concert at Nissan in the evening.   :roll:  My wife, who is usually very understanding, may nix all future MAAC gatherings if I blow this date and I don't think I want to risk it.  :dunno:

Merle

« Reply #5 on: 19 Jun 2007, 12:40 am »
Well, one reply in two weeks. Another time maybe?

Scottdazzle

« Reply #6 on: 27 Jun 2007, 03:17 pm »
Merle,

I don't think we've met but I've attended a couple MAAC gatherings and am always interested in the next one. I bet Scott M and Stan would be, too. 

Jazz and Baroque

« Reply #7 on: 27 Jun 2007, 06:01 pm »
I have not gone to any meetings.  I am in Columbia, MD.  If it is within an hour's drive, I would like to come.

Mike

ricmon

« Reply #8 on: 27 Jun 2007, 06:21 pm »
I'm always down for some food, beer and music (not necessarily in that order).

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #9 on: 27 Jun 2007, 06:26 pm »
Merle,

How about a 7th or 14th of July?  Scotthobby and I can carpool.  Mike, welcome to MAAC and AC.  Merle is in Catonsville -- you can practically walk over to his house.  I look forward to meeting you.  Ric, I will bring your CD just in case we do catch up. 

Jazz and Baroque

« Reply #10 on: 27 Jun 2007, 07:03 pm »
I have a company picnic on the 14th from 1 to 6, so I would prefer the 7th.

HChi

« Reply #11 on: 28 Jun 2007, 03:57 am »
Hello Mike, Welcome!  I live in Ellicott City.  I guess we are pretty close, too.

I would love to attend also.  I would prefer Sat late morning and/or afternoon. So far 6/30, 7/7, 7/14 are opened.

Howard

Merle

« Reply #12 on: 28 Jun 2007, 09:31 pm »
Hi Guys,
July the 7th works for me, I'll be out of town on the 14th. Let me get an idea for how many people so I can plan accordingly! I would love to hear other speakers on the Rega system if anyone has ones they would like to bring. I'd say around noon would be a good time to start. Maybe we could eat crabs! Very nice with beer!

woodsyi

• Volunteer
« Reply #13 on: 29 Jun 2007, 03:01 am »
7th works for me.  I could bring a pair of speakers -- either Response Bella/SP AV1s or Omega Super Hemps. 

HChi

« Reply #14 on: 29 Jun 2007, 05:08 am »
I have a spare pair of Quad 12L to bring if interested.  However, I am afraid it may be a bit too low end for you guys.  :roll:

Merle

« Reply #15 on: 29 Jun 2007, 12:04 pm »
Great! I'll plan on the 7th. I'd love to hear the Omega's and the Quad's! I certainly don't think my Rega system is too "highbrow" for the Quads. In fact, I've been looking for a nice bookshelf speaker. I really love my Rega R5's but I'd like to have a nice bookshelf as a backup / change of pace. I've always liked what a good bookshelf does and see no reason a stereo can't have two sets of speakers for the sake of variety. :) Anyway, I've owned more systems than most stores have sold and I'll be very interested in what experienced ears think of the Rega system. It's really not the "best" in any particular area but, in my opinion, the whole works very well together. As an obsessive gearhead, I'm constantly wondering what could be replaced to make it "better". Then I go listen to it and I forget all about what would be "better". First system I've owned that could do that. I think I'll have this one for a long time. Can't wait to see what other audiophiles think of it. If you think it sucks [I've heard woodsyi's system and could understand if he wasn't impressed], let me know, I can take it. :)

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #16 on: 29 Jun 2007, 12:24 pm »
i may be able to swing this.  i also have a coupla pairs of speakers i could bring, if interested.  diapason adamantes lll's, & proac tablette 8 ref signatures.  the adamantes' are 6 ohm, 91db-efficient, & use 28" dedicated stands; the proac's are 86db-efficient, 8 ohm, & do best w/30" stands.  i'd rather not have to bring any stands; i could bring some 30" in a pinch...

i also have a few low-power amps i could bring, if interested...

doug s.

Jazz and Baroque

« Reply #17 on: 29 Jun 2007, 01:59 pm »
Great.  I will be there on the 7th. 

Could somebody send me an address and general directions from Columbia??  My email address is in my profile.   You can ignore the "spam" message that you will get on auto-reply. 

Thanks,
Mike

HChi

« Reply #18 on: 29 Jun 2007, 02:26 pm »
In this case, I will bring Quad 12L.  Since Quad 12L has two sets of binding posts for bi-wire.  Obviously the manufacture brass-color pins are not very desirable.   Does anyone happen to have short speaker jumper cables that he could bring?  I don't have any otherwise I would have bring it.

Merle

« Reply #19 on: 30 Jun 2007, 12:27 am »
Well, I guess the best way to do this would be for anyone interested to PM me and I will provide you my address. Then just Mapquest it from where ever your coming from.