Meeting?

Scottdazzle

Re: Meeting?
« Reply #20 on: 30 Jun 2007, 02:20 am »
I think July 7 sounds good.  If Woodsyi has directions we're set. I have an suv so I can transport Woodsyi's spkrs.

Jazz and Baroque

Low-power amps...
« Reply #21 on: 1 Jul 2007, 05:51 pm »
i also have a few low-power amps i could bring, if interested...

doug s.

Doug, I am interested in hearing SET amps, if you can bring them along. 

Mike

doug s.

• makin' music
Re: Low-power amps...
« Reply #22 on: 1 Jul 2007, 06:26 pm »
hi mike,

i have two home-brew set amps, both fantastic.  one based on the 6v6, the other on the el84.  i have another really nice pair of el84 set's, which were yanked from an akai m8 tape deck & set up for plug-n-play audio.  i have a modded almarro a205a mkll, which is sep.  and, i have a completely refurb'd/modded electrohome amp, which uses the 6aq5/el90.  someone told me it's p/p, but being rated at only 6wpc, i wonder if it's actually set.  i dunno enuff about the electronics to be able to tell, myself.  these amps are all quite small, except for the 6v6 amp, so i could bring all of them, if you want.  but, it's really up to merle, if he's comfortable w/swapping any of them into his rig.

and, i got no feedback concerning whether or not i should bring the diapason adamantes lll's, or the proac tablette 8 ref signature speakers...

doug s.

i also have a few low-power amps i could bring, if interested...

doug s.

Doug, I am interested in hearing SET amps, if you can bring them along. 

Mike

Merle

• http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/modules.php?op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=albums.php
« Reply #23 on: 2 Jul 2007, 01:46 am »
Hi Everyone. We can swap electronics in and out but it won't be real easy. The location where the system is located is a pretty tight fit. I can wheel the TV to another part of the room and move the audio rack out from the wall to allow access. As far as the rack, well, it's a custom Billy Baggs made to fit the Rega system. Not very tall between racks. If your amps are too tall, I suppose we can rig something up outside the rack. I also don't have a phono stage outside the one built into the Mira so if we want to listen to vinyl with other amps, then someone would need to bring a phono stage. As far as speakers, I'd love to hear any and all. My speaker cables are bi-wire Audioquest with banana plugs. I believe I have some single wire cable laying around somewhere if needed. Also, I currently don't have any speaker stands in house. Sold the ones I had when I bought the R5's. So, if anyone had a set of stand... Please bring any music you want to listen to. I figure I'd play a lp side or two and then we would let whoever play whatever. Vinyl sounds noticeably better on this system. Last but not least, any food requests? I was thinking crabs but that might be a bit messy for handling cds and lps. Chicken? Steaks? Burgers? Anything on a grill? So far, two people have asked for directions and I assume Woodsyi remembers how to get here. Once I can get an idea of how many people, then I can plan accordingly. Should be fun!

stryker

« Reply #24 on: 2 Jul 2007, 03:22 am »
I'll see if I can make it. I'm very interested in the all-Rega system. I have a pair of just barely broken-in JM Lab Cobalt 816S if anyone is interested in getting their treble-etched, forward French groove on.  :lol:

Also, I have an older-but-good 6SN7-based headphone amp/Senn 650s if anyone is into that. I'll eat anything. Merle, does Soulbrass know about it?

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #25 on: 2 Jul 2007, 12:37 pm »
hi merle,

i was checking out the rega mira on line; your integrated has pre outs & main ins, so using other amps would be a cinch, even w/winyl, as you only need to run a set of ic's from the pre outs to another amp, & hook the speakers up that way...  it may be far easier for you to yust hook up an extra set of 2-3m ic's, so amps could be swapped out a bit easier.  i have an old set of tara labs quantum-iv lying around somewhere, i think...

re: winyl sounding noticeably better on your system, isn't that the case for most all systems?   :wink:

re: bookshelf speakers, mebbe i can squeeze in my 30" stands...

re: food, much as i love hardshells, i agree it could be quite messy.  i would definitely go with keeping it simple & easy.

doug s.

Hi Everyone. We can swap electronics in and out but it won't be real easy. The location where the system is located is a pretty tight fit. I can wheel the TV to another part of the room and move the audio rack out from the wall to allow access. As far as the rack, well, it's a custom Billy Baggs made to fit the Rega system. Not very tall between racks. If your amps are too tall, I suppose we can rig something up outside the rack. I also don't have a phono stage outside the one built into the Mira so if we want to listen to vinyl with other amps, then someone would need to bring a phono stage. As far as speakers, I'd love to hear any and all. My speaker cables are bi-wire Audioquest with banana plugs. I believe I have some single wire cable laying around somewhere if needed. Also, I currently don't have any speaker stands in house. Sold the ones I had when I bought the R5's. So, if anyone had a set of stand... Please bring any music you want to listen to. I figure I'd play a lp side or two and then we would let whoever play whatever. Vinyl sounds noticeably better on this system. Last but not least, any food requests? I was thinking crabs but that might be a bit messy for handling cds and lps. Chicken? Steaks? Burgers? Anything on a grill? So far, two people have asked for directions and I assume Woodsyi remembers how to get here. Once I can get an idea of how many people, then I can plan accordingly. Should be fun!