Sold: Piega P5 MKII Limited

Carlman

Sold: Piega P5 MKII Limited
« on: 2 May 2007, 02:12 pm »
Originally $8,000, these speakers introduced me to a whole new world of possibility in hifi.  The only reason I'm selling is to buy a pair of Piega C8 Limited's locally... a couple of steps up the chain.

(edited 6/3)

For AC members, I'm asking $2,100 USD.  They look and sound terrific, there is one minor (to me) ding on a driver.  There are no grills or boxes... I'd prefer local pickup but if you require shipping, PM me for a quote.

Here's a link to the Agon ad and more photos.  If this link doesn't work, it's because the ad expired.

Thanks,
Carl
« Last Edit: 20 Jun 2007, 03:16 am by Carlman »

Carlman

Re: FS: Piega P5 Limiteds MKII (rare and wonderful)
« Reply #1 on: 9 May 2007, 02:01 pm »
3,k delivered within 200 miles for AC members.
Thanks!
-Carl

Carlman

Re: FS: Piega P5 Limiteds MKII (rare and wonderful)
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2007, 07:50 pm »
Price reduced to $2,700.

Shipping is negotiable.

-Carl

Carlman

Re: FS: Piega P5 Limiteds MKII Now $2100
« Reply #3 on: 30 May 2007, 08:14 pm »
OK, I'm going to ridiculous level... 2100... A steal at this price.

Zero

« Reply #4 on: 30 May 2007, 08:16 pm »
Dayam . . . .

why oh why did I have to spend all of my free cash so soon...   

:banghead:

Carlman

« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2007, 01:33 am »
why indeed!  :o... ;)  It happens...

I wish someone would buy these and Zybar's Mosscode... Probably a great match... and incredible sound per dollar value.

-C

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #6 on: 31 May 2007, 01:38 am »
why indeed!  :o... ;)  It happens...

I wish someone would buy these and Zybar's Mosscode... Probably a great match... and incredible sound per dollar value.

-C

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

vrao81

« Reply #7 on: 31 May 2007, 04:02 pm »
bump for you and what a killer deal!

Carlman

« Reply #8 on: 2 Jun 2007, 06:39 pm »
I have learned that I can get a set of grills and replacement bass driver(s)... would that make any difference to anyone?

-C

mcrespo71

« Reply #9 on: 2 Jun 2007, 06:49 pm »
My God this is an astonishing deal.  I've heard Piegas before and was impressed.  Good luck!

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #10 on: 2 Jun 2007, 07:49 pm »
If I were closer and could come take a listen, I'd give them some serious consideration.

Bryan

Carlman

« Reply #11 on: 3 Jun 2007, 03:41 pm »
Bryan,
I totally understand...

Just thought I'd add that I'm very willing to demo them in their home or mine within reason.  They're actually very easy to transport, just have to be careful... and shipping them wouldn't be completely terrible but not as easy as wrapping them in quilts and putting them in the back of a car or station wagon.  ;)  I travel to DC and SC fairly often...

Thanks to everyone for the bumps and encouragement. :)

-Carl

Carlman

Re: FS: Piega P5 MKII Limited
« Reply #12 on: 5 Jun 2007, 02:19 pm »
These are still available.  Have had some interest... but still here...

-C

Carlman

« Reply #13 on: 20 Jun 2007, 03:16 am »
Sold/promised/sale pending/to be delivered... whatever you want it call it... These are basically sold.
Thanks to all for the well-wishes... worked out fine.
New C8's are in the house... sounding mighty fine...
-Carl

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #14 on: 20 Jun 2007, 11:58 am »
yup, a little cash, & a little tuna, & i get to try these swiss wonders.   :green:  they should really like being driven by a mesa baron, & crossed over to a pair of vmps larger subs.   aa

thanks, carl.

doug s.

Sold/promised/sale pending/to be delivered... whatever you want it call it... These are basically sold.
Thanks to all for the well-wishes... worked out fine.
New C8's are in the house... sounding mighty fine...
-Carl

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
Re: Sold: Piega P5 MKII Limited
« Reply #15 on: 20 Jun 2007, 01:02 pm »
Carl, let me know when you are driving those speakers up to Buckeystown.  You must've promised to drive those speakers up because doug only has little cars.  I could bring my XM126 over to compare to his x-over.

BTW, congratulations, doug, on your new speakers, I think.  :wink:

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #16 on: 20 Jun 2007, 03:36 pm »
hi rim,

i would love to try your toobed x-over, but it's three-way, no?  phil marchand told me to use a three-way in a two way system, you need to have the low-pass at 5hz, then use the mid-range for the subs, & the hi-pass at your chosen (in my case 60-80hz) x-over frequency.  i suspect you do not have a 5hz x-over module.   :wink:

in any ewent, you're more than welcome to come over to hear these - i am anxiously awaiting to hear a coax ribbon driver!   aa

this was one of three speakers that have been posted here f/s recently that had me drooling; when carl mentioned he drives to dc every so often, that really  whetted my appetite.  i think carl was on the fence about the price i offered, but what sealed the deal for him was a good deal i offered him on my refurb'd totally hot-rodded mcintosh mr65b, that was getting far too little use chez-sedon.  seems carl was fishing for tuna, & as a confirmed mac lover, he couldn't resist.   :wink:  so, win-win for all...

doug s.

Carl, let me know when you are driving those speakers up to Buckeystown.  You must've promised to drive those speakers up because doug only has little cars.  I could bring my XM126 over to compare to his x-over.

BTW, congratulations, doug, on your new speakers, I think.  :wink:

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #17 on: 20 Jun 2007, 04:27 pm »
That's a nice looking tuna.  Carl is definitely turning McIntosh, isn't he.  He may have to change his tartan pattern.  :lol: Unfortunately I don't have any frequency module at 5 Hz. Yes, would love to come by your new place to hear the Piegas among other things.  Ciao.

Carlman

« Reply #18 on: 21 Jun 2007, 01:06 pm »
Cool! It'd be great to meet you both... I was planning to get Doug started on the setup of these 'Swiss wonders'.. ;)  Keep in mind these are not bi-wire-able.. So, if you're crossing over, it's just going to be sub and up... 60 Hz will be a VERY easy load for these guys... and have your sub setup should be heavenly.  Sounds like a great setup.

I'm not sure how long I can stay, I'll have my wife with me and we're on our way to a little vacation in Ocean City, MD.  If there are any other wives around that she can commiserate with, that'd be nice. ;)

Looking forward to everything,
Carl

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #19 on: 23 Jun 2007, 06:44 pm »
hi carl,

i am really looking forward to 6 july 2007...   :green:  i am not married, but my "domestic associate" will likely be around.  tho, i suspect she will be yust as interested in the piega's as i will be.   aa  she enjoys my hobby, tho she's not quite so knowledgeable about it...  she actually doesn't mind the fact that in our one-room studio apartment, we have three (soon to be four) sets of speakers, a few amps, & a dozen or so tuners.   that's not counting some stuff in storage...  :lol:  (anyone interested in a pair of diapason adamantes lll's?  these beauties will likely be f/s soon...)

she loves music as much as i do.  on wednesday, we went to see lyle lovett, last nite, we saw richard thompson, tonite we are going to see thievery corporation & manu chao radio bemba sound system, w/bebel gilberto & others.   :green:

best,

doug s.

ps - while at o.c, go check out chincoteague & assateague, if you get a chance.  about 45 min south of o.c., it's really peaceful, quiet & beautiful down there...

Cool! It'd be great to meet you both... I was planning to get Doug started on the setup of these 'Swiss wonders'.. ;)  Keep in mind these are not bi-wire-able.. So, if you're crossing over, it's just going to be sub and up... 60 Hz will be a VERY easy load for these guys... and have your sub setup should be heavenly.  Sounds like a great setup.

I'm not sure how long I can stay, I'll have my wife with me and we're on our way to a little vacation in Ocean City, MD.  If there are any other wives around that she can commiserate with, that'd be nice. ;)

Looking forward to everything,
Carl