Sold: Piega P5 MKII Limited

doug s.

• makin' music
Re: Sold: Piega P5 MKII Limited
« Reply #20 on: 6 Jul 2007, 08:28 pm »
well, carl showed up at 9am yesterday, & delivered a nice pair of piega p5 mkll ltd's, in exchange for a bit-o-cash, & a lovely modded refurb'd mcintosh mr65b.  i suspect carl will soon be getting into the sonic wonderment of quality fm, when he gets back home to durham, nc...   :green:

meanwhile, i am really enjoying my new speakers!   thanks carl!  :thumb:  unfortuantely, carl was in a bit of a rush, & couldn't stay long, going to the beach later, etc...   but, listening to his former piegas in my decent-sized room, i could tell he is really itching to get his new piega c8's into his new house/room, where they will have room to breathe.  even tho i initially set up the speakers way-wrong, on 10" stands, where my coincident victory's formerly stood, they really threw a nice big soundstage.  later, i adjusted my stands to ~4.5" high, definitely much better.  i will play with lowering the speakers even further, as they are really designed to stand no more than 1"-2" off the floor.   in any event, these speakers are really something - smooth, detailed, big soundstage.  w/the mesa baron driving them, they are also plenty dynamic.  these piegas, w/my pair of vmps larger subs, may have quelled my desire for wanting line-array speakers for a while...   :D

thanks again, carl!

doug s.