'classic' rock songs you hate

chadh

Re: 'classic' rock songs you hate
« Reply #40 on: 4 Apr 2007, 01:51 pm »

Hmmm...

The Heat is On- Glenn Fry

and

Boys of Summer

Just imagine how bad things could get if Don Henley and Glenn Fry actually recorded together!

I thought of another artist whose material should rarely see the light of day:  Meatloaf.  My favorite thing about Meatloaf is the way the New York Times insists on referring to him as "Mr Loaf."  My least favorite things about him are "I Can See Paradise By The Dashboard Light" and "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad."

Chad

JimJ

• Ut Prosim
« Reply #41 on: 4 Apr 2007, 02:30 pm »
Dude, in one fell swoop you just trashed my entire collection. 

You're not the only one!  :P

Wow...I'm looking to see what on my playlists haven't been mangled in here  :green:

But for me...I don't like Band on the Run. Or anything by Cheap Trick. Frampton annoys me too.

drphoto

« Reply #42 on: 4 Apr 2007, 03:09 pm »
I agree w/ the one poster who said 'hate' is a strong word. I only meant this in fun.  :wink:

And yes....I meant "Wonderful Tonight"...

I'll pile on in bashing Journey, Styx, etc.

It's funny in that the musicianship of the members of Journey was really pretty great. I mean, Neal Schonn is a damn fine guitar player. But overall their stuff was overproduced fluff. But somehow it caught on and they made a shit load of money. I will have to admit to "Separate Ways" as being a 'guilty pleasure' song for me. I'd never buy it, but I crank it up if it comes on the car radio! :duh:

nathanm

« Reply #43 on: 4 Apr 2007, 03:51 pm »
Anything by Bruce Springsteen.  His takin'-a-crap voice seems like self-parody.  Anything by KISS.  Actually, I don't know what 'classic' songs Kiss is known for, they seem to be known as a classic BAND, but anything beyond "I wanna rock and roll all nite and party everyday" or "I Love It Loud" escapes me.  The old Kiss records I inherited from my step brother are a bunch of crap.

SET Man

« Reply #44 on: 4 Apr 2007, 03:56 pm »
Hey!

Well, to me this kind of discussion is going nowhere :? Since what is music to me could be just an annoying noise to other! :lol: Music is such a personal thing. :D

Although I do have to agreed somewhat that Journey is not really a good rock band.  :icon_lol: But if you think about it. At least they got the record deal and released couple of albums world wide while many other bands didn't have this chance. So, that mean there are some people out there who like Journey.  :roll:

Why care about what other people think of your music? :D   So, go put on your favorite songs and enjoy!  8)

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:
« Last Edit: 4 Apr 2007, 04:16 pm by SET Man »

Wind Chaser

« Reply #45 on: 4 Apr 2007, 03:59 pm »
Never did like / could understand "Crazy Train"

drphoto

« Reply #46 on: 4 Apr 2007, 04:28 pm »
Buddy....you are absolutely correct. As I said 'one man's trash.....'

I was just bored and wanted to post something to get a conversation started.

But you're right, anything involving opinions is ultimately a waste of time.

However I did find it interesting that a number of people have negative reactions to performers that are really popular....I mean we have people bashing the Stones, the Beatles, Springsteen, U2 etc.

I tend to like performers that are not mainstream. However, I would say commercial success does not always equate crap. Take Peter Gabriel for instance. He was this weird underground guy for a long time, and then came out with monster hits. But they were friggin good songs.......again IMHO.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #47 on: 4 Apr 2007, 04:37 pm »
The main problem with "classic rock" is the radio stations play the same songs....
...over and over....and over and over.....and over and over....and over and over.....and over and over.....and over and over....
You really get tired of hearing them...... :shake:

JoshK

« Reply #48 on: 4 Apr 2007, 04:45 pm »
I really don't care much for most of the songs by Boston that get aired because of the over and over murder the radio stations do.   I worked for Home Depot in college, we would play the classic rock station all day over the intercom.  This stations favorite band was Boston....I now can't stand Boston pretty much.

kbuzz3

« Reply #49 on: 4 Apr 2007, 04:47 pm »
dont know if this qualifies yet as classic but i want to puke when i hear springsteen's glory days....

nathanm

Can't We All Just Get Along
« Reply #50 on: 4 Apr 2007, 06:02 pm »
Hey! Why care about what other people think of your music? :D   So, go put on your favorite songs and enjoy!  8)
Take care,
Buddy :thumb:
Oh you're no fun anymore!  Gee, we might as well stop arguing about audio gear too while we're at it.  That's right folks, AudioCircle is closed...stop reading this crap and go listen to some music! Boy, what a party pooper! :P  But seriously now, SETMan does have a point; if you consult the Book Of Facts you will see that Otto T. Phelberg of West Wendover, NV achieved the rank of Correct Musical Taste in 1987, thus making all of us wrong.  Doesn't mean that you can't listen to what you like, just do it with the understanding that you are wrong and Otto is right.

Bemopti123

« Reply #51 on: 4 Apr 2007, 09:24 pm »
I did not know that Starship, as well as Dan Hill or even Duran Duran were considered "Classic" rock songs.  When I think of "Classic rock" I think about long haired or curly waved hair doos, massive rock riffs, men sounding like as if they are living out their closet fantasies in a dream moment. 

Billy Joel, maybe he was from that era and the newer era too, but brother, I do not see him in the category above.   :thumb:

Bemopti123

« Reply #52 on: 4 Apr 2007, 09:27 pm »
I worked for Home Depot in college, we would play the classic rock station all day over the intercom.  This stations favorite band was Boston....I now can't stand Boston pretty much.

Dude now wonder why of your tinkering.

But when it comes to pop or radio, sometimes when a bad song is played over and over again, it becomes, subliminaly good.  Although I can understand that it can also have the opposite effect. :thumb:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #53 on: 4 Apr 2007, 09:40 pm »
Classic Rock defined......

Going back to my post.....
"Journey" should get on the "REO Speedwagon" and take a ride out to the "Styx".... :lol:

WEEZ

« Reply #54 on: 4 Apr 2007, 09:45 pm »
I hate 'classic' rock.

:o

WEEZ

ctviggen

« Reply #55 on: 4 Apr 2007, 09:53 pm »
Me, too.

R_burke

« Reply #56 on: 4 Apr 2007, 09:54 pm »
I'm too lazy to see if this is already posted, but my all time most hated classic rock song is American Pie, followed closely by Free Bird.  After hearing them too many times on the radio I joined the Navy and got to hear them in every bar I ever went into in every port I ever visited, and believe me that was a lot of times.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #57 on: 4 Apr 2007, 09:59 pm »
I don't know if it falls into the "Classic Rock" catagory (Eagles = Classic Rock  :scratch:) but wonder if Hotel California is on anyone's list. This is one of my all time favorite songs and I seldom come across anyone who doesn't like this song even though it was played to death on the radio.

Nels Ferre

« Reply #58 on: 4 Apr 2007, 10:31 pm »
I don't know if it falls into the "Classic Rock" catagory (Eagles = Classic Rock  :scratch:) but wonder if Hotel California is on anyone's list. This is one of my all time favorite songs and I seldom come across anyone who doesn't like this song even though it was played to death on the radio.

What do you mean "was"...still is...   :wink:

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #59 on: 4 Apr 2007, 10:41 pm »
What do you mean "was"...still is...   

Sorry, not around here. All we have is "Top 40" stations and a classic rock station that gets more into the harder stuff. Just goes to show it's still a popular song.
 Some day I will find out exactly what the song means :scratch: