Interesting Developements - GAS Reference Recording

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
Re: Interesting Developements - GAS Reference Recording
« Reply #60 on: 3 Jun 2007, 02:02 am »
Just let me know what needs to be brought, how early to get there to set up the chow and drink, etc.

Bryan

jedi35

« Reply #61 on: 3 Jun 2007, 03:11 pm »
Bryan,

At this point I'd say bring whatever you want to share for food. It's wide open. We can get into the church at around 6pm or so for setup.

Sturgus,

Yes, there is a kitchen area at the church that we can use. No problem.

Docutech,

Welcome aboard, and I'll add you to the list!!

jcrane

« Reply #62 on: 5 Jun 2007, 01:55 pm »
Though I would love to attend, it looks like I will have to work that night. Just wondering if I will be able to purchase a copy of the disc even though I wasn't there?

Thanks

Jamie

jedi35

« Reply #63 on: 8 Jun 2007, 04:56 am »
Jamie,

Sorry for the delay. For this session, discs will be made available to anyone in the group who wants them. Later on, the recordings may be limited to those who are in attendance...the idea is to have a reference of the live event to compare with how things sound on your system, as well as other systems you hear the disc on. Hopefully there will be enough of these projects in the future so that everyone will have a chance to be present at some point.

Pete,

Just to be sure, I saw on another thread that you'd been told that the session would be at Christ Church Cathedral. Since you've found this thread, you are probably aware that the event will take place at First Unitarian Church, in the Central West End.

OK everybody, we are heading into the home stretch. What an exciting time. I'd like to firm up a few things. Concerning the food, lets make things light and easy to serve and clean up quickly. Go ahead and post hear if your planning on bringing something, so that we can make sure the basics are covered. I think that we're talking 'bout things like chips, cheese and crackers, cookies, fruit, veggies, dip, soda, bottled water, coolers with ice, cups, plates, napkins, and the likes. Since we're not too sure about the church's policy on alcohol, let's stick to a small amount of wine, if that's OK. If all this seems like too much of a bother, or we don't get enough volunteers, then I'd suggest that everyone should make sure that he brings some bottled water for himself and guests. Remember that the AC will not be running in the church. Dress as cool as you can for this.

So that we'll have enough to show Dennis our appreciation, and to make a donation to the church for the use of the facility, let's throw some money in the pot when we arrive at the event. It looks like we'll have 30+ people at the recital, and I suggest that we chip in a minimum of $10 per GAS member or guest. I hope that this doesn't sound outrageous, but we're really in for a fun evening. Put in more if you feel like it. All funds will go to Dennis and the church. I'll grab some sort of gift for Dennis as well, like a bottle of wine or something.

John will be bringing some extra AKG 240 headphones that'll be plugged into a 5 port headphone amp. If anyone's interested, it'll be OK to take turns listening, as long as things are done quietly with no disturbance caused for Dennis. If you have a favorite pair of headphones, there'll be an extra port that you can plug into.

Once again, please post whatever refreshments or supplies you'd like to bring.   

Thanks,
Adrian
« Last Edit: 8 Jun 2007, 05:22 pm by jedi35 »

steve k

« Reply #64 on: 8 Jun 2007, 04:36 pm »
Sounds good Adrian, we'll get to work on this. What does everyone think of throwing some of our dues money at this?
steve

bpape

• Industry Participant
« Reply #65 on: 8 Jun 2007, 05:22 pm »
I'm game unless we want to keep it for something else and just do the $10 or so now in addition.

Bryan

drummerwill

« Reply #66 on: 8 Jun 2007, 06:32 pm »

I have no preference Dues or $10 per, it should be worth it!
   Willie

jedi35

« Reply #67 on: 8 Jun 2007, 11:28 pm »
I have an idea. How about collecting money from everyone when they arrive, and let's see what we get. If we need more we can take it from the dues. If not, we'll still have the dues in place for something else or another event. How does that sound?

Adrian

steve k

« Reply #68 on: 9 Jun 2007, 12:11 am »
Brilliant!!!! aa

trogers74

« Reply #69 on: 13 Jun 2007, 02:39 am »
I talked to Sturgus about this and it sounds really cool.  Count me in!

jedi35

« Reply #70 on: 13 Jun 2007, 07:41 am »
trojers74,

Welcome aboard!! We'll see you at the church.

Well guys, based on the response I don't think the food thing is going very well. I certainly don't want to stop anyone from bringing anything, it's just that there won't be much variety. Plan on bringing some bottled water for yourselves and your company. John will have an assistant with him who will set up a second set of mikes so that we'll be able to make some comparisons. This is a rare opportunity. Let's see, am I forgetting anything major? If so let me know. Other than that, just get me to the church on time...

Adrian

bpape

• Industry Participant
« Reply #71 on: 13 Jun 2007, 11:09 am »
Unless you're getting PM's, I'm not sure anyone realized an answer was required - they were just planning on bringing something.

Since I'm not a life long 'Louian, can someone post the address of the church so I can mapquest it?

Thanks,

Bryan

Scott F.

« Reply #72 on: 13 Jun 2007, 11:37 am »
Here ya go....

First Unitarian Church
http://www.firstuustlouis.org/map.html

bpape

• Industry Participant
« Reply #73 on: 13 Jun 2007, 01:06 pm »
Well, that's pretty handy.  I wasn't expecting them to have their own site. 

Thanks and see you tomorrow night.

Bryan

steve k

« Reply #74 on: 13 Jun 2007, 03:42 pm »
Why don't we weigh in on what goodies we're bringing so we don't double up? We can bring devilled eggs and some soda.
steve 

Sarmck

« Reply #75 on: 13 Jun 2007, 06:06 pm »
I'll have a cooler and some sodas/water for tomorrow also. 

Ron

Scott F.

« Reply #76 on: 13 Jun 2007, 06:07 pm »
What about one of those 3' deli sandwiches? Do you think one is enough? I'd split the cost on one with somebody (I'd even pay more if that same somebody would pick it up  :green: )

bpape

• Industry Participant
« Reply #77 on: 13 Jun 2007, 06:18 pm »
I'll be bringing some pasta salad and some dessert.

Bryan

jedi35

« Reply #78 on: 13 Jun 2007, 08:09 pm »
Yep, my earlier posts mentioned checking in here and listing what you might be bringing. I'll make sure that we have plates, napkins, cups(although I don't have wine glasses) and plastic utensils. I'll also grab a bag or 2 of ice. great, it sounds like we might have some nice goodies. My buddy Hilary and his wife may join us also.

Adrian

electricbear

« Reply #79 on: 13 Jun 2007, 08:57 pm »
Since I'm coming directly from work my contribution will be limited to some chips and pretzels. I will also bring Francis Baumli but you can't eat him.  :lol: