NOISY IN HERE!!

SuperMart

Re: NOISY IN HERE!!
« Reply #120 on: 22 Jul 2008, 01:31 am »
The last time I contrainedicat it ran away.Can you tell meow to use your big word as I'm feline idadequiet?

Cheers,

Marty.

LM

• Lyn
« Reply #121 on: 22 Jul 2008, 02:03 am »
Certainly you can have some comments Hugh.  I am not as eloquent as SuperMart with my own words so I thought I'd provide a link to someone who clearly has not had enough beatings as he is clearly a non conformist and holding society to ransom with his arrogant and unthinking stance.  Next time you travel overseas to a hifi show Hugh, I hope you have a better attitude to the establishment than this: :duh:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1234193.ece

LM

• Lyn
« Reply #122 on: 22 Aug 2008, 12:34 am »
Hi all,

Here it is one month to the day since I submitted the previous post and you can’t tell me there has been NO NOISE (whoops, sorry for shouting) at all around AKSA HQ in a whole month.  There’s more more noise in a library…

I even got the red warning..
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 30 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Hullo, anyone there….

AKSA

« Reply #123 on: 22 Aug 2008, 02:56 am »
Hi!!!!!!

I'm here!!!!!!

Trying to work hard, finding it difficult with all this rain, in the depths of a cold, cold winter.

I hope people are enjoying their AKSAs/Lifeforces/Sorayas.  I will be asking questions later......
Hugh

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #124 on: 22 Aug 2008, 03:13 am »
How cold is it Hugh ?  :scratch:

AKSA

« Reply #125 on: 22 Aug 2008, 06:17 am »
Hi Chris,

Great to see you!

It's around 12C max at present;  night temperatures drop to 4C.  No snow below 500m, however.

Nothing on NYC in December, I'd reckon.....  but cold for Aussies, we have up to 44C (110F) in summer and like a bit of warmth.  Melbourne cold is dank, moist, and seems to get to the bone, however.  Inland areas are much drier.

Cheers,

Hugh

Seano

« Reply #126 on: 24 Aug 2008, 10:20 pm »
Inland areas are much drier.

The word you are looking for, Hugh, is......chrispy.

AKSA

« Reply #127 on: 25 Aug 2008, 01:07 am »
Thanks Seano,

Would that be 'crispy'?

Enjoying SNA?  Looking forward to govt purchase of Darling Farm, with all that loverly water?

Hugh

SuperMart

« Reply #128 on: 25 Aug 2008, 02:05 am »
Hmmmmm. Must be too early in the day for you Hugh. There was a play on words - you were replying to Chris. Get back in the shed and leave word smithing to the prose- another play on words for you.

Cheers!

Seano

« Reply #129 on: 25 Aug 2008, 11:04 pm »
tics to the Supermart!!

As for the purchase of Darling Farms.......well that's just one of the properties with water up for grabs around Bourke.  There are three around the town plus 'Toorale' downstream and 'Beemery' upstream....all for sale.  The latter are being sold by Swire Group because they are predominantly grazing properties, despite the fact there is significant irrigation development on both.

And of course there's 'Cubbie Station' to the north.

Truth be told......buying irrigation water back off agricultural users in a river valley (barwon/Darling) that only contributes 17% of the total annual water volume in the Murray River is, quite honestly, laughable. Especially when the reason offered is to 'save' the Lower Lakes. Even more laughable is mooting the purchase of Cubbie when it lies on a tributary of the Darling (Condamine/Balonne/Culgoa) that itself has historically contributed just 17% of the total annual water volume in the Barwon/Darling......that's 17% of 17%......honestly, that's just plain dumb!! By all means they should buy the water back for the environment.....but they need to be honest about which bit of it. And I'll wager that the Culgoa River floodplain grasslands, Narran Lakes and Cuttaburra Basin wetlands aren't half as sexy as the Lower Lakes....because no-one (well, almost) lives there.......whereas the Lower Lakes...

If the Big Town wants to save the Lower Lakes (and one would really hope they do) then they are going to have to work harder and pay much more to get that water......because they are going to have to get that water from the Murray catchment itself......which means from the Victorians & New South Wail-ians. Ewww.....won't that be pretty!!

.......local issues on an international forum.......<sheesh>  :oops:

AKSA

« Reply #131 on: 26 Aug 2008, 12:20 am »
Thanks Marty, Sean,

Very articulate, well argued.

Chris,

The problem is for reasons of chemistry and aggregated suphates in the river beds, long term drought releases these toxins into the water, and once stagnant for a few months it slowly becomes quite acidic, almost like battery acid.  This kills all aquatic life, of course, and since Oz is so dry and so many farmers depend on this water for irrigation it has huge repercussions for food production, and in one case, Adelaide, city water supply.  It truly is a dry continent.....

Australia, the Mediterranean and areas of Florida, Italy, Bangladesh and the Nederlands will be severely affected by global warming and rising sea levels.  Food supply in particular will diminish in selected areas world wide (while increasing in others, chiefly near the Arctic), and we will see a new kind of refugee fleeing starvation.  With an already high world population, the future is going to be well, interesting.

OTOH, in southern Oz we've just had heavy rains, the sun is shining, oil is at $115 a barrell, and God is in his Heaven.....

Get back to work, Hugh.......

Hugh

lonewolfny42

« Reply #132 on: 26 Aug 2008, 12:25 am »
Thanks Hugh....good luck !  :thumb:

LM

• Lyn
« Reply #133 on: 29 Aug 2008, 05:26 am »
Hugh,

This site at the moment seems decidedly quiet.  Perhaps it’s because many like me have been too busy listening to their systems of late to have time to contemplate further change/upgrade or whatever.  Or simply no need to change.  I’ve been lucky enough to be able to take this week off work and have been able to spend quite a few hours on most days simply enjoying music.  In fact, this post will be short as everything is warmed up and waiting for the next session.  Mmm….  Think it will be Vinyl this arvo.

What can I say that I haven’t already on this forum?  The latest GK1 upgrade has about 80hrs up now and has bedded down very nicely indeed and the whole system including the Soraya is exquisitely sweet, rich, clean, detailed is oh so listenable.  Makes me think though that it can’t just be me that is so pleased by their Aspen gear.  Hugh, you may have to make it a condition of sale that purchasers have to jump on the forum and post their thoughts ASAP and at least once after hooking it all up.  Those amps you have been building his last week or so for example.  Anything for a bit more NOISE! :thumb:

AKSA

« Reply #134 on: 29 Aug 2008, 06:08 am »
Lyn,

You are so right.  Folks, you are commanded to talk about your rigs, let us know in exquisite detail how you are all foaming at the mouth after a truly rewarding listening session with Aspen products.   :drool: :lol:

Compulsory.  :nono:  No one to be spared.  :icon_twisted:  In fact, the beatings will continue until morale improves.........   :tempted: :deadhorse: :dance: :jester:

Hugh

lonewolfny42

« Reply #135 on: 29 Aug 2008, 06:19 am »
Hugh.....

You left off this smiley..... :whip:    ( :jester: )

By the way....coming to RMAF this year ?

AKSA

« Reply #136 on: 29 Aug 2008, 07:08 am »
Chris,

Thanks for the answer - yes, the whip, the whip, faster.......

I cannot justify the cost.  I had committed with Wayne, in fact, and then things got slow with the sub-prime crisis, and there were no sales to the US.  In October, it will still be a month before the election, and the financial climate is not looking good, and I cannot imagine that lots of people will be keen to spend their hard-earned until these issues resolve, and that could take another six months at least.

It is regrettable, no question, as I would have LOVED to have gone.  I fell in love with Colorado, wonderful state, the mountains, cities and towns were exquisite.  The other issue was products;  I needed to spruce up the appearance of my amps, and the metal work productionising is very expensive and shipping a nightmare.  Given the costs of 2007 I decided not to, but I hope to be back next year.

Hope you are well and business is brisk, Chris.

Hugh

LM

• Lyn
« Reply #137 on: 29 Aug 2008, 07:21 am »
Even after the morale improves Hugh, keep the beatings going – once obtained, must keep it up!  No relapses.

I have just been playing a Stephane Grappelli ‘On The Road’ with the Dis Dizley Trio LP for the first time in 25+ years.  Was recorded at the Sydney Town Hall in Sep 74.  Remember the concert well because I (and my wife) saw them live in the Melbourne Town Hall a few nights later (or earlier – not sure).  It’s a superb recording by the ABC with the tapes then processed at the Armstrong studio in Melbourne.  It felt like I was there again, very immediate and involving.  Great fidelity – love it – thanks for your part Hugh.

DSK

« Reply #138 on: 29 Aug 2008, 08:14 am »
... this post will be short as everything is warmed up and waiting for the next session.  Mmm….  Think it will be Vinyl this arvo....

yes, the whip, the whip, faster.......

Hugh, keep the beatings going – once obtained, must keep it up!

Are things getting rather kinky around here or is it just me?  :lol:

LM

• Lyn
« Reply #139 on: 29 Aug 2008, 08:41 am »
LOL.

Darren, I have no one to blame for my words but myself though Hugh will have to answer for his. :oops:

And to think I was going to mention how relaxed and sleepy I was after the last session. :nono:  Thank goodness that didn’t get out.  Last time I try and create a bit of noise around here…