wire of the transformer primary as a manufacturer these are beyond
my control and so the role the powercord plays is very match
diminished, of course i am for quality powercords i think if they
do contribute to the quality of the product is good too

George Georgopoulos

Dan Banquer

Re: Power Cords (again)
« Reply #41 on: 16 Nov 2006, 12:47 pm »
So: Now you have some idea on how high end line cords can screw up a standard linear power supply."

What a generalization!!! :o

Take a few minutes and think carefully about the ramifications of putting the AC line current 25 degrees out of phase. Take a few minutes and think about what could happen if the ground currents are 25 degrees out of phase with all the other return currents in the system on that AC line. Think about the possibility of coupling from Hot to Neutral to Earth that might be present in this particular instance.
Please: Just take a few minutes and think about it. Do a bit of reading and maybe some research, and take your time. There is no rush here.
             d.b.

Psychicanimal

Re: Power Cords (again)
« Reply #42 on: 16 Nov 2006, 01:14 pm »
Dan,

There's actually very few power cords with them kind of sliders: Van Evers is one and the Tice PC2 did the same.  I know of no others.

Your statements then tend to confirm what this guy I refer to is doing to his power cords: addressing the phase shift and correcting it.  He also states that matching the impedance of the power cord and that of the transformer is important ( which makes sense ).