Bybee Line Level Purifier

Wayne1

« Reply #60 on: 5 Jul 2003, 08:53 pm »
Robin,

I am not sure when I can get around to an adaptor. I am somewhat  corcerned about the size and weight of such a device, dpending on just an s-video connector to hold it in place.

I took a little time today to compare the Monster s-video cable Bubba sent me and the Bybee s-video cable.

I really should have Jason or Tyson come over to take a look as well as their eyes are younger and less biased.

As far as I could tell, the Monster is a VERY good cable. I did feel the Bybee had better definition, deeper colors and a better black level. Just about the same differences Mike and I saw in his system.

BOK

« Reply #61 on: 5 Jul 2003, 09:28 pm »
Sasa...,

I know what you are referencing .....  added connectors degrading the signal... etc...  That is a valid concern.

But the benefits with the Bybee RCA Purifiers SO FAR OUTWEIGHS any pre-conceived notions one may bring to the equation that it is ultimately a moot issue.
 These  devices bring such an immediacy to the audio (IME) signal that one quickly realizes that they cleanse the sonics regardless of the added connections.  Wayne uses very high quality connectors so that argument is eclipsed by the Bybees.
These devices simply elevate everything that passes through them.

I truly wish I knew just what they do to clean up the grunge.

ps- Volcania sounds like a scary place.... is it near Toledo ? 8>O

BOK

sasakikojiro

« Reply #62 on: 5 Jul 2003, 11:14 pm »
Quote from: BOK
Sasa...,

ps- Volcania sounds like a scary place.... is it near Toledo ?

You're not a 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea fan are you?  :lol:

OK, I'll read through this thread again to get a better idea of what to expect. Which one should I try first? Here's my system:

Planet 2000 (transport)
Shigaraki DAC
Fi X SET (#45 tubes)
Galante Rhapsody speakers
Luminous Audio digital cable
Luminous Audio Synchestra Sig Ref IC
AZ Satori speaker wires
Zu Mother PC
VD Reference PC

It won't stand too much of an increase in the mids, as it is borderline romantic in that area as it is.

BOK

« Reply #63 on: 6 Jul 2003, 04:17 am »
Sasa...,

You got me with the 20k Sea .... my bad.  Obviously, I am not a fan.

Your gear also does not mirror my setup.  I am more an HT "maximixer" type.

I trust the AC/ Bolder Cables participants who run gear similar to yours will lend input so you are able to make a reasoned decision regarding what a Bybee insert into your setup will  deliver.

All I can say is do not maximize what a Bybee added "connector" will possibly detract.  The benefit FAR exceeds what you may have read or heard over time by reading various forums.  Many shoot at the Bybee claim, but until you listen you cannot judge.  These devices work.... in a very positive way.

I wish you well, and happy listening.

BOK

bubba966

« Reply #64 on: 6 Jul 2003, 08:18 am »
Quote from: Wayne1
I took a little time today to compare the Monster s-video cable Bubba sent me and the Bybee s-video cable.

I really should have Jason or Tyson come over to take a look as well as their eyes are younger and less biased.

As far as I could tell, the Monster is a VERY good cable. I did feel the Bybee had better definition, deeper colors and a better black level. Just about the same differences Mike and I saw in his system.

That Monster M2000 I loaned you is the best S-Vid I've come across so far. I did most of my S-Vid testings with an M1000, which easily beat out Transparent's top of the line S-Vid (which also cost 6X what the M1000 did). And the M2000 is definitely better than the M1000, as it should be for 2.5X the price of the M1000.

It'll be interesting to hear what Jason & Tyson think of the 2 cables. I wouldn't mind hearing if they think the differences are worth the step-up in price between the two cables as I'm sure your Bybee S-Vid is better than the M2000 S-Vid.

So Wayne, do you think you could do what Robin asked & drop Bybees in our M2000's? I've already got a little setup to carry the weight of them as they're a bit heavy with that filter towards the end of the cable. And I'd still be fine weight-wise with a pair of Bybees between the filter & the end.

Quote from: Wayne1
For some reason, people tend to want use their current interconnects rather then selling them and buying new ones.

The only cables I'm using that I'd want Bybees in and not want to replace would be my S-Vid's. But I'd not want to use an in-line add on, I'd rather have them built-in.

But I've got no problem replacing my digital, component, & speaker cables. Well, I guess I do have the problem of not having the cash flow to do them all at once... :lol:

bubba966

« Reply #65 on: 6 Jul 2003, 09:13 am »
Yeah, I've got 3 M2000's as well. Or more accurately at the moment I've got 2, and Wayne's got 1. :lol: I've only been using 2 of them for quite some time though, so it was no problem to loan one to Wayne for as long as he needs to a/b it with his Bybee S-Vid.

Robin,
Where did Wayne mention he'd not care to drop Bybees in existing cables? I didn't catch that one...

Though I'd rather Bybeeize other cables before I do anything with my S-Vid's. I don't use my LD player as often as I should anymore (the only use currently for my M2000's), and the M2000 is already a damn good cable. I've got 3 digital's, and the L/C/R speaker cables that I'd rather have done first.

witchdoctor

« Reply #66 on: 7 Jul 2003, 10:23 pm »
I have spent a lot of time tweaking my system recently. New Mapleshade Bedrock speaker stands for my front 3 speakers ( review posted in the critics circle) and added a pair of dipole speakers for 7.1 surround. I got such a huge upgrade from these two additions I was totally unprepared for the inline Bybee. I placed it into the system between the Bolder digital cable and the Mensa Dac. The music is so real I really cannot put on music as background anymore. I get totally pulled into the realism. I feel as if I am being rude to the performer if I turn off in the middle of the sound. I also find listening at lower listening levels more satisfying
because all the detail is still present.
I really feel satiated system wise for the time being. I will probably order the bybee's for my power cords  that are connected to my power conditioners since every component plugged into it will benefit but I think I have finally arrived at the destination I sought when I started this crazy journey. It is great!

Jay S

« Reply #67 on: 8 Jul 2003, 02:14 am »
I was finally able to do an A/B/A of the bybee inline filter that I got a week ago.  I have a single filter connected to the digital input of my Mensa Plus.  I have not gotten around to trying a pair at the analog output of my preamp.  

I don't think my impressions are much different from what others heard.  The bybee seems to make the sound more dynamic and exciting.  Bass is deeper and tighter and more punchy.  Voices are a bit smoother.  There is more treble energy and sometimes it does sound smoother too.  There is better definition and separation of images and soundstage can be broader and deeper.  I think that the range of improvement can depend on the quality of the recording.  

I tried putting in 2 bybees in series at the digital input and I agree with Tyson that it did seem to sound a bit 'hi fi' for my tastes.  

The inline bybee will stay in my system.  The only question is whether I'll keep it on the digital input of the DAC, on the analog out of the pre, or both (in which case I will need 1 more inline bybee).  

In terms of getting more bybees in my system, I've got a Bybee Nitro power cord on the way, which I will use to connect my power filter to the wall outlet; this will then provide bybee-cleaned power to all my components.  I placed this order following favorable impressions plugging my power filter into a Bolder Quantum power strip.  I had plugged my system into one of the analog outlets.  I have now switched it to one of the digital outlets (which has a 2nd bybee to further filter the power).  I'll listen to it tonight -- maybe more is better?

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #68 on: 8 Jul 2003, 10:28 am »
It's 6 AM  Tues., opened  up the  Mensa audition package at 11:15PM Mon. nite (late night at work),put on the demo disc to hear selections,looking at all the items ,ic's ,pc's,art dio ps,mensa,pair of bybees.Power off .Plugged bybees into inputs on my Krell amp,put Abby Road into cd player and I can't believe it,THESE D*** THINGS REALLY WORK !!!!!! Background ,soundstage,cymbals,vocals,drums,guitars,piano,ect.--so clear ,better focus ! I am a very skeptical person(Hey, I'm a NEW YORKER!!) but THEY WORK !  Krell Ksa-100 mkII , ARC  SP-9 mkII,Phillips CD-80, STOCK Art Dio, ZU Wax SC, Zu Warmouths ICs,GR Research Criterions on Demo loan-Mirage M-3 speakers. :angel:

Jay S

« Reply #69 on: 8 Jul 2003, 01:02 pm »
The darn bybee inline filters... they work!   :D

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #70 on: 8 Jul 2003, 01:59 pm »
You say darn, I say Damn ! But they Work !! :lol:

Wayne1

« Reply #71 on: 9 Jul 2003, 03:51 am »
I received some very good news today :D

Jack Bybee will have the smaller Bybees back in stock by the end of this week.

I have already placed my order. With any luck, by this time next week, I will be able to make more line level purifiers :dance:

Wayne1

« Reply #72 on: 10 Jul 2003, 04:19 pm »
The Fed Ex guy just dropped off a package full of smaller Bybees :D

Robin and Marbles, I will get started on your Line Level Purifiers ASAP

Wayne1

« Reply #73 on: 10 Jul 2003, 04:40 pm »
Robin,

Now that I have the Bybees on hand ,I can start to work on that. I also had some parts back-ordered for the DI/O mods. I have at least 5 mods to finish up before I can start to work on the S-Video adaptor.

I THINK I have found a place to obtain the female connectors, so hang in there. It will be coming eventually.

Marbles

« Reply #74 on: 10 Jul 2003, 04:45 pm »
How's the speaker wire coming????

Wayne1

« Reply #75 on: 10 Jul 2003, 04:53 pm »
Your cable are finished. I just have to figure out how to hook those connectors up to the Cable Cooker.

I received the last batch of cables back from Cryo treatment and they have filled up the Cooker. When they are finished, I will build some adaptors to hook up your cables to the cooker.

Just to let everyone else know what Marbles is talking about, I built him some short lengths of NITRO speaker cable to use in rewirnig his Marble 9.0s. I now have a very good stock of gold plated connectors, that will fit most speaker driver terminals. I also have gold plated #10 ring terminals that will fit over most binding posts on the inside of speaker cabinets.

As time permits, I MAY offer rewiring kits with or without Bybees for some of the more popular speakers.

witchdoctor

« Reply #76 on: 19 Aug 2003, 02:37 am »
I just received the Bybee inline for the wall outlet and two more inlines.
I started by plugging my Monster HTPS 7000 into the bybee inline and then into my cryoed wall outlet. It's like going from good Champagne to the best. Smooooth!!! The music just floats in my space, bass leaps out with a solid pressure that pushes you back into your sofa.
I placed the inline for thr RCA cable on the digital cable that goes into my GW Labs upsampler. The MENSA already had one.More of the same freeing of the music from the speaker. The last inline went on the digital interconnect from my cable TV box. Spiderman was awesome.
Thanks Wayne. It means a lot when something this small for my small apt. can sound so huge!!!