Bybee Line Level Purifier

Wayne1

« on: 22 May 2003, 03:15 pm »
I was asked about a Bybee purifier for running into a subwoofer.

Here it is!

You can use it on ANY line level application. Even for digital ins and outs. You can also use it for video signals :)

Price is $175.00 each or $350.00 a pair made with the Eichmann Silver Bullet Plugs. Knock off $25.00 each if made with the Eichmann Gold Plated Bullets.

If there is enough interest in this device, I will add it to my website as a regular product.

Wayne1

« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2003, 12:56 pm »
I played with this adaptor for a short time on Thursday. I inserted it after the digital coax at the input to my Mensa+ DI/O. WOW :o

I never expected SUCH an improvement could be made.

All the good things a Bybee does, lower noise floor, cleaner high end and MORE.

I put it back on the Cable Cooker and I will play with it again next week.

I think this will also work very well for video.

Now I have to find time to work on a digital cable with ERS shielding and a Bybee in the signal path :wink:

dogberry

« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2003, 02:52 pm »
Why not just build a Bybee filter into a coax digicable?

bubba966

« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2003, 05:36 pm »
Quote from: Wayne1
I played with this adaptor for a short time on Thursday. I inserted it after the digital coax at the input to my Mensa+ DI/O. WOW :o

I never expected SUCH an improvement could be made.

All the good things a Bybee does, lower noise floor, cleaner high end and MORE.

I put it back on the Cable Cooker and I will play with it again next week.

I think this will also work very well for video.

Now I have to find time to work on a digital cable with ERS shielding and a Bybee in the signal path :wink:

You mean after all of the times I bugged you to build a digital w/Bybee in it (which you didn't want to do as you thought it would mess up the impedence), that it might actually work?

At least I haven't had you build me my component cables yet, and only have 3 digitals to replace if it works out nicely... :wink: :lol:

So Wayne,

If you want to build a 1M digital w/Silver Bullets, ERS, Bybee, & Cryo (and if it works) I'll take it. :mrgreen:

...Unless you can think of some other option that I've left out that should be added...  :lol:

eico1

« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2003, 05:54 pm »
Can I bybee my optical?:)

(just kidding while waiting for some software to compile)

steve

Marbles

« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2003, 01:46 am »
Damn Wayne,

You sure can juggle a lot of new products.....

Wayne1

« Reply #6 on: 26 May 2003, 01:14 pm »
Bubba,

Yeah, I kow you asked me many times to build you a Bybee digital cable. I took the "safe" engineers way out talking about how the impedangce of the cable is critical and adding a Bybee in would screw that up. Well, as I said, I rtried it out with the adaptor and the sound difference was astonishing. What it sounds like is really all that matters.

Dogberry,

I will be building a digital cable with a Bybee in itm now that I finally heard what a Bybee can do for digital. I received my samples of the ERS marterial and I installed them on my DI/O. It gives a similar effect to the Bybee with a reduction of glare and a slightly lower noise floor.

I will see if I can find the time to put one of these cables together the coming week. It will be quite a bit more expensive than my current offereng. It will be over $200.00.

Wayne1

« Reply #7 on: 28 May 2003, 04:12 pm »
I HAVE added the Bybee RCA Purifier to the BOLDER Cables website.

After building a few of them, I realized that I really can't afford to keep the price as low as I mentioned earlier  :oops:  

To keep the peace, I will offer the RCA purifier to all, for the prices I quoted,  through June 1. After that it will go up $25.00 a unit.

witchdoctor

« Reply #8 on: 31 May 2003, 07:59 pm »
Hi Wayne,
If it's not on the site how can I order one?
Thanks

Wayne1

« Reply #9 on: 31 May 2003, 08:45 pm »
http://www.boldercables.com/Store.asp?m=TheBolderCableCompany&n=10&k=119266&s=Bybee+Quantum+Purifier+Products

If there is anything else you might want me to make, drop me an e-mail and I will see if I can do it.

I will be busy building M-80s during the coming week.  Lots of folks waiting for the last minute of the sale to place an order :D

Jay S

« Reply #10 on: 10 Jun 2003, 07:39 am »
Satfrat, you are really whetting my appetite.   :D

I am looking forward to getting a pair of inline bybee filters (they're in process at Wayne's shop) and the first place I will try them is the digital out of my Cary and the digital in of my Mensa Plus!  It makes a lot of sense to have bybees as close to the source of the audio chain as possible.  

After that I will try them on the analog output of my Joule preamp (they will never fit in the tight connector "cave" of my eAR Two amp).  

I've emailed Wayne re: building a bybee into a NITRO power cord.  I will prefer to have as few extra connectors as possible.  And, he says the NITRO will be a good improvement over the Type 2 PC that I am now using on my power filter (which supplies my entire system).  That said, the Bybee AC adaptor would give me the flexibility to try a bybee with many different power cords.  If I got a Bybee AC adaptor I would personally want it with a very short length of cable so that the female plug could hang down rather than sticking out from the wall (I am space constrained).

Wayne1

« Reply #11 on: 10 Jun 2003, 01:38 pm »
Robin,

Thanks for the feedback! If you like it in your digital output form the sat. Try it from your DVD player's digital out on movies.

I have really gotten slammed the last week of may and now this week. I am sorry but I will be about two weeks behind my time quotes.

Robin, I WILL be building your other purifier today.

On Sunday I built a pair of speaker level Bybee Purifiers that are on the Cable Cooker now.

After my experiment with two Bybees in the digital line, I am now thinking about Bybees in S-video cables :D

Marbles

« Reply #12 on: 13 Jun 2003, 06:31 pm »
I put the Bybee in line with my digital cable right before the Mensa and now my digital front sounds like my Analog front end.

It made the noise floor quieter and it took the digital edge off the music without rolling any highs.  All the detail is there, but coming from a blacker backround.

It seems that depth has increased and there is a bit more air around instruments.

Highly recomended.

Digital system is:

Modded Sony DVP S7700 > Mensa > Bent pre> Kraft 400 monoblocks> nOrh 9.0's

All cabling is Bolder Nitro series.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #13 on: 13 Jun 2003, 06:40 pm »
Dammit marbles, you are costing me money here!  Now I have to get one of these newfangled bybee'd digital cables. . .

BOK

« Reply #14 on: 13 Jun 2003, 10:34 pm »
They sure do work.  ... thanks Wayne.

I placed one at the end of your current digtal coax,  before the pre/pro and another before my Le Amp (center channel).  I use your M80's (5) in my HT setup.  All bullet plugs for the M80's.

WOW!  All colorful adjectives aside, I can only say these Bybee purifiers are the real deal.  Better upgrade than going cryo'd outlets (audioexcellenceaz Hubbells) for my two dedicated circuits.

No kidding at all.  This is an upgrade that grabs you.  After two days, and about 16 hours on them.  I am very impressed.  Not cheap, for sure, but a serious improvement.  dts DVD's (Eagles and Krall and Steely Dan) --- which I know extremely well--- have a shine never before heard.

Wayne1

« Reply #15 on: 13 Jun 2003, 11:04 pm »
Robin is right. That is what I am running now and it is truly amazing.  :o

ALL of the Bybee inline purifiers are broken in on the Audio Dharma Cable Cooker for at least 96 hours before shipping. There should be little to no changes once they are in your system.

All of the in-line purifiers are built using the "new" Bybee with ERS and cryo treatment.

I have about 10 more of the smaller Bybees on hand. Then no more for about 4-6 weeks. I bought the last 20 that Jack Bybee had. He says he is having trouble with HIS suppliers of raw parts.

BOK

« Reply #16 on: 14 Jun 2003, 12:04 am »
I connected my pair of Bybee's initially on the digital coax only--- from DVD player out --- then the M'80 --- then Bybee purifier to coax in to pre/pro.

Personally, I did not prefer this setup.  Must just be me.  Probably showed the weakness of my pre/pro too much.  Two Bybee's on either end of my digital coax simply sounded too harsh.  Too revealing of my systems weakness, I guess.

I much prefer one Bybee on the end of the coax.... and the other before my separate amp for the center channel.

Two Bybee's on the digital coax may be the operative way to approach cleaning the digital signal.  But for me it simply made the highs too harsh, too in your face.  System synergy perhaps.

But the Bybee purifiers are a kick in the pants sonic enhancement for sure.

Wayne1

« Reply #17 on: 14 Jun 2003, 02:56 am »
Very interesting about your system's reaction to the double Bybee.

With mine it was the direct opposite. It removed a LOT of harshness and grundge. I was even able to turn up the tweeter levels on my 626Rs a bit.

One thing comes to mind. I broke the Purifiers in in the same direction. Havinge the signal go against the grain, so to speak, on one of them may be causing the harshness. If you can, put both of them in the digital cable and put the source on repeat and let it run for a day or two and see if the harshness goes away.

bubba966

« Reply #18 on: 14 Jun 2003, 06:48 am »
While I don't know a whole lot about Bybees as I've yet to play with any of them. But don't they work better the farther down the signal chain they are?

So wouldn't it be better to run both In-Lines on the receiving end of the digital coax, rather than one on each end? And it'd also solve the burn-in problem that Wayne mentioned as you'd be running them both in the direction in which they were broke in.

Ernest

« Reply #19 on: 14 Jun 2003, 09:18 pm »
Got another pair of Nitro IC sets today and a pair of inline Bybyee filters.  As soon as I get some experience with them I'll let you all know how they sound for me.  I can't wait to try the inline filter in various places in my system!