Audiophile outreach program!

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #40 on: 31 Jul 2005, 03:27 am »
count me in, if you need some help setting up let me know and if you want to fire up the grill(charcoal) i can help out.
marvin

cryoparts

Gear Choices
« Reply #41 on: 4 Aug 2005, 02:31 pm »
Hello,

Did ya'll decide what gear you'd like me to round up?  NuForce, the speakers and amp, or just amp, or what...from Phil, etc.?

Let me know a list of whom I need to contact and I'll take care of it the next few days.  I'm trying to do it now as the middle to end of the month is always busy for me and hard to find time to do anything but build cables.

Regards!

Lee

PhilNYC

« Reply #42 on: 4 Aug 2005, 05:34 pm »
Yes, and also let me know via PM who I should send the gear to.  I'm looking to send stuff sometime next week because I'll be traveling the week after (Aug 14-21) and want to make sure it gets there in time...

kyyuan

Re: Gear Choices
« Reply #43 on: 4 Aug 2005, 07:35 pm »
Quote from: cryoparts
Hello,

Did ya'll decide what gear you'd like me to round up?  NuForce, the speakers and amp, or just amp, or what...from Phil, etc.?

Let me know a list of whom I need to contact and I'll take care of it the next few days.  I'm trying to do it now as the middle to end of the month is always busy for me and hard to find time to do anything but build cables.

Regards!

Lee

Lee,

I'm interested in hearing NuForce Ref 9.  Also, for everyone's information, I will have a pair of Salk HT1 speakers for demo soon and can bring them to the get-together.

Ken

brj

« Reply #44 on: 6 Aug 2005, 08:37 am »
Ok, guys... time for a head count and gear preference listing!  We are looking at a Jam at arthurs place on August 27.

(Arthurs, can you give us a rough idea as to where you are?  An exact address can be sent to people later via PM, but a rough location would be helpful - thanks!)

Can each of you that thinks you might attend please list the top 5 peices of gear that you'd actually like to hear at the jam?  Posting your preferences would be best, but if you want, you can send me a PM and I'll tally it up separately.

So far, it looks like we'll have two systems that we can have running at once, and Marvin, Ken, Lee, myself and arthurs are a definite lock for attending.  I'll ping a few other via PM to get their reaction.

(Art, were you planning on attending?  Were you planning on bringing an amp?)

The potential gear list as I know of it:

Amps:

- Cary CAD500MB (arthurs)
 - Blue Circle NSCS integrated (Phil via Lee)
 - NuForce Ref 8/9 (NuForce via Lee)
 - Halcro (arthurs)
 - JC-1 (arthurs)
 - PS Audio GCA (arthurs)
 - Musical Fidelity A-5 (arthurs)

Speakers:

- Dunlavy SC IVA (arthurs)
- Focus Audio FS688 (Phil via Lee, and already/soon to be in DFW)
- Gallo Reference III (arthurs)
- Salk HT1 (Jim Salk via Ken, and already in DFW)

If there are items that I missed, please copy this list to another post and add the missing item in the appropriate slot ASAP!

I think we can try to winnow down the final selection as a group, but I think that arthurs, as host, get final say.

Thanks guys!

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #45 on: 6 Aug 2005, 01:53 pm »
I have been working on a lot of new speakers, some will be GR Research products and quite a few are for other companies. I'll have at least two new models that I might have ready and can bring down by then. Both are seriously good.  :mrgreen:  Maybe you guys can be among the first to hear them.

I'll post pics and info on them in my forum in a few weeks.

cryoparts

Gear Choices
« Reply #46 on: 6 Aug 2005, 07:11 pm »
Okay, thus far, Phil has contacted me about the Blue Circle and Jason about the NuForce.  So, it looks like those two are a go.  What else?

Regards,

Lee

PhilNYC

« Reply #47 on: 6 Aug 2005, 10:11 pm »
I just confirmed that I'll be sending a pair of Focus Audio FS-688's to someone in the DFW area next week.  He's trying to find out if he can attend your Jam on the 27th...if so, he'll bring the 688's with him.  If not, he'll have to deliver them to someone here sometime the week before.  Once I get confirmation as to which will happen, I'll let you know...

arthurs

« Reply #48 on: 7 Aug 2005, 01:19 am »
Thanks guys for getting this going.  (And Lee I think you should bring some of your cords)

I started an official headcount thread so we can get the numbers firmed up.  Phil, would an Opus21 be possible?  I've always wanted to hear that player....

I would say we go with this list for equipment:

Amps:

- Cary CAD500MB (arthurs)
- Blue Circle NSCS integrated (Phil via Lee)
- NuForce Ref 8/9 (NuForce via Lee)
- Halcro (arthurs)

Sources

- Cary 303/300 (mine)
- MF A-5 (mine)
- Resolution Opus 21 if Phil can send us one...

Speakers:

- Dunlavy SC IVA (arthurs)
- Focus Audio FS688 (Phil via Lee, and already/soon to be in DFW)
- Gallo Reference III (arthurs)
- Salk HT1 (Jim Salk via Ken, and already in DFW)
- Danny might have a couple others TBD

Lee thanks for taking point on the shipping and if any of you want to get here Noon or earlier so we can set some of this up that would be great.  E-mail is easiest place to get me so let me know what elpse we need to do, I'm new at this so don't want to overlook or botch it up.  Thanks again guys, looking forward to it.

Am open to more as we can go as long as needed but it will get to be a long day if we have too much.

PhilNYC

« Reply #49 on: 7 Aug 2005, 01:29 am »
Quote from: arthurs
Phil, would an Opus21 be possible?  I've always wanted to hear that player..

I will know by Tuesday if the Opus 21 is possible....

kyyuan

« Reply #50 on: 7 Aug 2005, 01:33 am »
For source, if people want, I can bring my new Talk Electronics 3.1b cdp.  This is the one praised by the Talk "salesman" Levi of the NYC Raves.   :lol:

Let me know.  Ken

cryoparts

« Reply #51 on: 7 Aug 2005, 01:52 am »
Quote from: arthurs
Thanks guys for getting this going.  (And Lee I think you should bring some of your cords)

Okay, I should be able to bring at least three different power cables and a pair of speaker cables.

Regards,

Lee

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #52 on: 7 Aug 2005, 01:52 am »
Nice selection of equipement for your jam guy's !!! Just wanted to mention one thing from experience's at our "Rave's"...try not to get overloaded with equipement on that day. If you have too much...you never really get to it all, and some of the listening is "lost in the shuffle".
    Have fun...glad your getting together....and don't forget the photo's, thanks !! :beer: [/list:u]
      Chris[/list:u]

arthurs

« Reply #53 on: 7 Aug 2005, 02:23 am »
I figure it means 3 change outs per room over the course of the day, one every hour or couple of hours, but it is good advice, thanks.

cryoparts

« Reply #54 on: 15 Aug 2005, 01:41 am »
Quote from: nuforce-jason
Lee,

We can't get the new production Ref 9 in time to NTAJ but we can ship a pre-production prototype of Ref 9 to you.  It will be configured almost the same as production Ref 9 except two things:
1. It will have smaller power input capacitors
2. It will be housed in a prototype chassis but anyone can see the new chassis on our website.

We still need our pre-production units for testing this coming week but we can ship them to you early next week.

Jason

Hi guys,

The above is what Jason is sending to the Jam.  So I'll be bringing the NuForce, The Blue Circle (thanks Phil), the Opus 21 (thanks Phil, again!) and some of my power and speaker cables.

Regards,

Lee

arthurs

« Reply #55 on: 15 Aug 2005, 03:52 am »
Thanks Lee.  I fear the Opus, and wanting to keep it.... :o