GAS and BBQ?

Scott F.

GAS and BBQ?
« on: 15 Jun 2005, 03:11 am »
Well guys, it's been a little while since we've ALL gotten together. It seems that we've (sort of) been doing smaller gatherings at different peoples places. Those have all been loads of fun but I was wondering if we all wanted to try a get together as a large group (which means the best part of 20 or so people)

Since the weather is wonderful, how about a BBQ or something similar? This leads us to the next few questions,

Where would we have it?
Any ideas on dates?
Do we bring the girls?

Anybody out there interested?

electricbear

re- bbq
« Reply #1 on: 15 Jun 2005, 02:50 pm »
Great idea. what about holding it in one of the public parks that have grills available. Bringing along the better halves would also be a good idea as we'll need someone to drive our sorry drunken asses home. I won't be available july 5th to 13th as I'll be up in Monterey Bay (leguna seca) watching the Motogp.

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
GAS and BBQ?
« Reply #2 on: 15 Jun 2005, 05:29 pm »
Great idea.

Being the newbie, maybe I should volunteer.  Let me see if I can talk the significant other into having the bash at my place.  Spice or not is up to you guys.  If so, have them bring their swimsuits and we'll do BBQ, pool party, adult beverages, etc.

Bryan

mark@marktwain

GAS and BBQ?
« Reply #3 on: 15 Jun 2005, 06:01 pm »
I've been itchin for another get together and metting the rest of the gang. Scott, dont ya have that subject line backwards? I always thought BBQ came first and then the Gaaaaaaaaaas!  :o Whoa look out!  :oops:

jcrane

sounds good...
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jun 2005, 05:01 pm »
I would love to attend, it will depend on my work schedule though.
I am really looking forward to my first GAS get together.

Jamie

Mike D

GAS and BBQ?
« Reply #5 on: 17 Jun 2005, 08:30 pm »
I like the pool idea Bryan mentioned.  If the wives come, they will have their own support group.  My wife especially will be thrilled to meet others who are married to freaks like me.   :singing:

Scott F.

GAS and BBQ?
« Reply #6 on: 17 Jun 2005, 09:08 pm »
The pool idea would be cool. Plus we get to see a home theatre done right :D

Bryan, let us know if the miss' give you the official okie dokie and we can start narrowing down dates.

G

GAS and BBQ?
« Reply #7 on: 18 Jun 2005, 06:51 pm »
Quote from: Scott F.
The pool idea would be cool. Plus we get to see a home theatre done right :D

Bryan, let us know if the miss' give you the official okie dokie and we can start narrowing down dates.

I'm assuming that some equipment listening will be taking place also? Are we bringing equipment along for a listen or just cooking out and imbibing? I would like to come either way, schedule allowing.

DeadFish

GAS and BBQ?
« Reply #8 on: 18 Jun 2005, 11:38 pm »
Yeah.
What G said.
I'm good for any flavor.  Time to *socialize*. :dance:
DF

bmed

GAS and BBQ?
« Reply #9 on: 19 Jun 2005, 02:14 am »
I'm up for it.  

Hey, maybe we can do listening tests of various audiophool "fake rock" speakers by the pool--man those babies image like hell!!.

Oh yeah, my brother just moved to "the Lou"---no more long drives home after meetings for me!!!!!!

Scott F.

GAS and BBQ?
« Reply #10 on: 19 Jun 2005, 11:10 pm »
So Brad, have you made it back home yet or are you still up in the Chicagoland area?

bpape

• Industry Participant
GAS and BBQ?
« Reply #11 on: 20 Jun 2005, 02:39 pm »
Sorry.  Business has been keeping me busy.  Is August too late for you guys? (Gotta give me time to get things tweaked - too busy doing everyone elses room so no time for mine!)

It's up to you if you want to bring equipment (though some of it will be tough as I'm running balanced from the rear to amp in the front).  Otherwise, we can just listen to both 2 channel and HT as desired, shoot some pool, throw some pics, BS, swim, and embibe.

bmed

GAS and BBQ?
« Reply #12 on: 20 Jun 2005, 11:27 pm »
Scott, I'm still in Chicago, but I'll be home this weekend.  It's been a long two months away.  I miss the wife (corny?, she's 7 months preg now--young audiophool on board sticker to come- looks like the TT will be sacrificed for nursery soon @$#%#)  You know what would be a great welcome home present, if I do say so myself----DRDs and Lowthers!!!!  Update please!

bpape,
I think timing is totally up to you mate.  Just let us know when and how we can help.  Listening is great, but I think sometimes we all get more enjoyment from just blabbing and talking about music.  We're all pretty good blabbers.

Cheers

Scott F.

GAS and BBQ?
« Reply #13 on: 21 Jun 2005, 02:24 am »
Well, the DRD's are one step closer. I finally got my wood lathe back from my brother-in-law (minus the knives). I need to get another decent set so I can turn the spindles that will be in the four corners of the amp (I'm using cherry).

I've finally slowed down a little bit at work. With some luck, after mid-July I can finally get started on them. Although, I just picked up some nice oak that I could whip together some decent casings fairly quick, so I might get started a little sooner.

Bryan
August works for me! Just let me know when and where and I'll be there.

kirch

• "He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!"
    • http://www.vo-pro.com
GAS and BBQ?
« Reply #14 on: 22 Jun 2005, 11:13 pm »
Sure sounds great, regardless of the venue, but my summer schedule is very much up in the air re vacation.  Just post a date and I'll try my best to make it - can't say I have an opinion one way or the other about the ball and chain factor.  

kirch

jcrane

GAS and BBQ?
« Reply #15 on: 10 Jul 2005, 10:22 pm »
Any update on the BBQ/GTG?

Jamie :D

bpape

• Industry Participant
GAS and BBQ?
« Reply #16 on: 12 Jul 2005, 06:24 pm »
The significant other has been out of town and I've been buried at both jobs - sorry.  Haven't gotten a date finalized yet but I will.  Will try to have the date lined up by next week.

Bryan

bpape

• Industry Participant
TENTATIVE DATE
« Reply #17 on: 14 Jul 2005, 11:55 am »
OK.  I've now been able to consult with the chief planning officer.....

Looks like August 6th (Saturday) is the best (and only) day that I can swing this.  The rest of the weekends include mundane things like moving my son to college, going to Michigan for my nephew's first birthday, spending a weekend in the Quads for the Bix festival, etc.  But I digress.

Let's plan on around 3:00 or so.  We'll have music, pool, darts, swimming, general BS, etc.  I'll provide the meat and beer.  Please bring a community dish and anything 'special' you want to drink.  Bring your swimsuits and a towel.  

Please let me know so I can have a basic head count.  

Sorry for being so long in the planning.

Bryan

Mike D

GAS and BBQ?
« Reply #18 on: 14 Jul 2005, 02:43 pm »
August 6th, I'll be on my way to a resort hotel near the Flora-Bama border.   :P

Please take lots of pictures for the page.   :beer:

bpape

• Industry Participant
GAS and BBQ?
« Reply #19 on: 14 Jul 2005, 07:41 pm »
You sure it's still standing?   :?