The Brute

fre11111

• Industry Participant
Re: The Brute
« Reply #40 on: 18 Mar 2023, 06:24 pm »
If they design the next one with the MTM I will assume that they will make the highpass lower than the Brute to blend this better with the SERVO subs. Almost all dedicated subwoofers do not so high.

wgraft5

• Wayne in Oregon
« Reply #41 on: 18 Mar 2023, 08:50 pm »
It wouldn't be too hard for you to build bass modules (errr...subwoofers) and slap amps on the back of them. There are several guys on AC who would be happy to sketch it up for you. You could probably build two modules for less than half the cost of a pair of OB servo subs, but the trade-off is they won't sound as good and the NX Studios deserve the best bass.

When the time comes I'll have to contact Denton Woodworkers and have them custom build a pair of Brute's for me or modify a pair of the sealed sub for the Eminence woofers. I dont have a shop or the capability to even assemble a large flat pack much less build something from scratch.

I dont care about having the best bass, I want mid bass impact and to make my Studios fun instead of disappointing and frustrating. I have all this money into my system and dont even listen them much anymore because they trigger me :duh:

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #42 on: 18 Mar 2023, 11:07 pm »
Are these the woofers from the old V2 speaker or something different?

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #43 on: 18 Mar 2023, 11:23 pm »
Are these the woofers from the old V2 speaker or something different?

Not the same.  You should watch Danny’s you tube video.  Explains it all.

Early B.

« Reply #44 on: 18 Mar 2023, 11:26 pm »
I dont care about having the best bass, I want mid bass impact and to make my Studios fun instead of disappointing and frustrating. I have all this money into my system and dont even listen them much anymore because they trigger me :duh:

You're playing NX Studios without subs???? :nono: Nearly all monitors in a main rig need support from subs. And yeah, it's easy to say you don't care about having the best bass until you spend money on 'em and soon thereafter you regret not buying the best bass in the first place. We've all been there.

Wigand

« Reply #45 on: 24 Mar 2023, 06:54 pm »
Since my XLS build was so much fun I am thinking about the brute.

Two thoughts came to mind:
- can I put these on stands close to the floor in an angle like the Klitsch heresy 4 ?
- and how important are the outer radius as I really like the boxy look of the kiloschwere models ?

Wigand

« Reply #46 on: 24 Mar 2023, 07:11 pm »
Or I was thinking about the M130 floorstander transmission line
Any updates on that Hobbs ? :)

Chops

« Reply #47 on: 24 Mar 2023, 08:22 pm »
I think it's not a 'serious' speaker.  I think it's a party speaker that can also do the audiophile thing as a bonus.

Correct, it's a throwback to the old big-box speakers, but using good quality parts, and a much stiffer box.

It will never "disappear" as easily as any of our other designs due to the large, wide baffles, but you can crank it up, and get rather deep bass.

Imaging is quite good, as is soundstage width, but depth is limited to the space between the speaker's.

It's not a speaker design that's for everyone, but there are people who are looking for that sort of design.

Yes, I realize all of this. Still doesn't mean it should be given a ridiculous name.

There are plenty of companies out there making "retro" loudspeakers currently, and even some bringing back old models, yet none of them have silly names.

VinceT

« Reply #48 on: 24 Mar 2023, 08:33 pm »
Yes, I realize all of this. Still doesn't mean it should be given a ridiculous name.

There are plenty of companies out there making "retro" loudspeakers currently, and even some bringing back old models, yet none of them have silly names.

Maybe they should add some numbers letter and dashes, or give it a name that is regal, philosophical, cosmic, artsy?

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #49 on: 24 Mar 2023, 08:42 pm »
Maybe they should add some numbers letter and dashes, or give it a name that is regal, philosophical, cosmic, artsy?

The 8rut3!  :P

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #50 on: 24 Mar 2023, 08:47 pm »

The R3RT0 CL4551C  :green:

Wigand

« Reply #51 on: 24 Mar 2023, 08:57 pm »
Since my XLS build was so much fun I am thinking about the brute.

Two thoughts came to mind:
- can I put these on stands close to the floor in an angle like the Klitsch heresy 4 ?
- and how important are the outer radius as I really like the boxy look of the kiloschwere models ?
:icon_twisted:

VinceT

« Reply #52 on: 24 Mar 2023, 09:03 pm »

8rut3 R3RT0 CL4551C

Now that is proper branding that will sell a speaker!

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #53 on: 24 Mar 2023, 09:15 pm »
Naming any speaker is kind of silly if you think about it.  While “brute” wouldn’t have been my first choice, it’s kinda growing on me.  It’s a solid, fun speaker.  I want a pair but will have to unload some speakers first.  Anyone interested in a pair of X-Omnis?  (Now THAT is a cool name!)

VinceT

« Reply #54 on: 24 Mar 2023, 09:39 pm »
Naming any speaker is kind of silly if you think about it.  While “brute” wouldn’t have been my first choice, it’s kinda growing on me.  It’s a solid, fun speaker.  I want a pair but will have to unload some speakers first.  Anyone interested in a pair of X-Omnis?  (Now THAT is a cool name!)

I maybe interested in your Omnis

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #55 on: 24 Mar 2023, 10:52 pm »
The X-Omnis are an interesting speaker, but most people don't understand them since they have an up-firing woofer.

But they have a very large, open soundstage compared to traditional X-SLS.

Chops

« Reply #56 on: 25 Mar 2023, 03:56 am »

Ah yes, of course. The immature children are coming out to play I see. So typical.

mkrawcz

« Reply #57 on: 25 Mar 2023, 02:02 pm »
Got a crossover done for the Brute. The nice thing about this speaker is there is no concern over space for the crossover.

Wigand

« Reply #58 on: 25 Mar 2023, 02:27 pm »
Nice man; that’s chunky.
Do you already own a Gr speaker ? For comparison …

mkrawcz

« Reply #59 on: 25 Mar 2023, 02:38 pm »
Nice man; that’s chunky.
Do you already own a Gr speaker ? For comparison …
I have 7 pairs of GR Research speakers across all the ranges. And I realized….I have way too many speakers.