SOLD: ST35 EL84 Based Tube Amplifier $675 Or Best Offer, Shipped, No PayPal Fee

strateahed

SOLD

This is a 17 watt per channel, push-pull EL84 tube amplifier which was built and tested by tubes4hifi.com. Larger chassis size of 16W x 12D x 4H helps it run cooler than the smaller version. Purchased in late September 2022, and is barely broken in.

The ST35 comes with both 8 ohm and 4 ohm speaker terminals and will easily drive loads from 88dB. If you’ve been considering a nice tube amp, this would be a great place to start! Compared to single-ended triode design, it’s not quite as 3D midrange to treble, but it has much tighter bass.

See full Product Description at: tubes4hifi.com/ST35.htm and be sure to follow the link to “check out this review from a customer” towards the bottom of the page. This review is from Tyson - long time Audiocircle member. https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=167568.0

I'm not very much of a DIY guy, but did what I could to improve the sound.

This amp has been improved with next level add-ons such as a premium matched quad EL84 tubes: (type in: Bit.ly/PremiumEL84 for description, pricing and reviews). It has Antek output and power transformers. Plus it has been upgraded with Mundorf EVO Oil Caps, vintage ECF80 driver tubes, and a Hi-Fi Tuning Fuse. Extra stock EL84 tubes to be shipped as well. Those extras are of the Russian variety and a little on the laid back side. It’s easy to roll these in to see if they’re more to your liking.

Cost for finished amplifier including all upgrades: $1,350. (Receipts available upon request). Amplifier will be shipped in original packing materials to ensure safe transport (see photos). Asking price: $675 Or Best Offer, NO PayPal fee added + FREE UPS Shipping . Lower 48, CONUS shipping only.

Please check my 100% positive feedback on eBay and Audiogon, under same username ‘Strateahed’ and buy with confidence. Thanks for your time and consideration.

Full disclosure: One of the screws on top cover will not seat tightly. Cosmetically it looks the same and more importantly does not affect sound quality. [Look very closely at photos and see if you can tell which one it is.] At any rate, that was never an issue with me, since I always ran amp without the cover.

NOTE: I am advertising on multiple sites and will sell to first person who tenders payment.

« Last Edit: 27 Jan 2023, 02:14 am by strateahed »

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Hi!

This may help with your sale, and if you pop open your amp to take another look, can you confirm:

1. The power transformer is manufactured by Antek?
2. The output transformers (which are a dominant factor to the overall sound quality) are from Toroidy?

Kind regards,

Anand.

strateahed

Hey Anand,

Thanks so much for your suggestions. I checked with Roy Mottram at Tubes4HiFi and confirmed that ALL transformers - power and output - are manufactured by Antek. Still good quality stuff.

At this point, I could use all the help I can get! Frankly, given Tyson's stellar review [albeit with upgraded parts/tweaks] I thought someone would scoop it up pronto. Oh well ...

I'll do another price drop and then wade into eBay Land  :)