NX-Studio build

nlitworld

• Strange things are afoot at the Circle K
Re: NX-Studio build
« Reply #40 on: 18 Mar 2022, 04:56 pm »
The NX-Studios sound good out of the box and you will notice substantial improvements at 50, 100, and 250 hours due to the high quality parts in the crossovers.  Burn in is very real with these guys. 

This is really true. Mine were a big improvement right away, but the sound grew in size and authority a lot about the 100hr mark and have continued to smooth out up to ~300hrs+. At first they sounded pretty good for rock but absolutely great for pop, acoustic and vocals. Last night I was blasting classic rock and metal at way too loud of volumes, and they're finally sounding "right". Lower register piano and drums were the last to come around with texture and tone but when they did it was good fun!

Also. I LOVE the clean white look. Just like a nice hotrod, white is always a simple classic that often gets overlooked on color choices.  :thumb:

zlib

« Reply #41 on: 18 Mar 2022, 05:20 pm »
Are you planning on building out some OB servo subs to mate with them?  OB subs (especially the servo ones that Danny offers) mate particularly well in small and/or difficult rooms.  They also make amazing stands for the NX-Studios.
I would if I was going to use them as main speakers. The thing is I was going to use them as a training exercise before NX-Otica + servo subs assembly, but in the end I switched to Spatial Audio X5 (still waiting for them). The Studios may become front speakers in my home theater or I can travel with them if I decide to relocate. Not sure if want to live here anymore.

Bryce22

« Reply #42 on: 21 Mar 2022, 01:38 pm »
Those look amazing.  Able to share what paint or process was used.  Also looking to paint my NX's white and love the flat look to yours.

zlib

« Reply #43 on: 21 Mar 2022, 07:41 pm »
I sent the cabinets to a professional who did the job. All I know is he used some paint with polyurethane.

BTW, after 2-3 days of burn in with special track I hear A LOT of bass.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #44 on: 22 Mar 2022, 12:55 am »
I sent the cabinets to a professional who did the job. All I know is he used some paint with polyurethane.

BTW, after 2-3 days of burn in with special track I hear A LOT of bass.

Woofers definitely need about 50 hours of break-in to fill out the bottom end. But once they're good, they sound fantastic.