VMPS plus R-DES thread missing? (not anymore)!

angelo

« on: 11 Mar 2005, 03:34 am »
i remember before seeing a thread here in the VMPS circle that JC received and currently testing the R-DES, was it deleted?

i'm just curious how's the testing is going

thanks,

angelo

Marbles

« Reply #1 on: 11 Mar 2005, 03:39 am »
You must be blind... :lol:

look here:  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=16626

angelo

« Reply #2 on: 11 Mar 2005, 03:52 am »
thanks  :lol:

angelo

John Casler

Re: VMPS plus R-DES thread missing?
« Reply #3 on: 11 Mar 2005, 04:10 am »
Quote from: angelo
i remember before seeing a thread here in the VMPS circle that JC received and currently testing the R-DES, was it deleted?

i'm just curious how's the testing is going

thanks,

angelo

Hi Angelo.

I have the unit and it is working great.  If you checked the Announcenments, at AV123, they are quickly adding a type of "graphing" capabilty to the software so that you can use a RadioShack SPmeter and have all the corrections done for you.

While the system I am using it on is rather complex, (4 LARGER SUBS) it has been rather simple to use so far.  In fact I made a spreadsheet and graph in Excel that did the same thing as the new "ONIX Graph Paper".

I want to make sure and learn the best methods, and ways to apply the equalization, so I can answer most of the question that may arrise.

More to come... :mrgreen:

warnerwh

« Reply #4 on: 11 Mar 2005, 04:59 am »
John: What do you think of the sound after equalization?  This piece may be a great idea. Considering the cost it seems to have the potential to have the ability to take a system to another level, especially considering many people either don't or can't have room treatment. It seems like it could be of significant benefit even if your room is treated.

John Casler

« Reply #5 on: 11 Mar 2005, 03:09 pm »
Quote from: warnerwh
John: What do you think of the sound after equalization?  This piece may be a great idea. Considering the cost it seems to have the potential to have the ability to take a system to another level, especially considering many people either don't or can't have room treatment. It seems like it could be of significant benefit even if your room is treated.

At this point it is very nice to be able to "adjust" these bands.

It yeilds a much richer and complete bass response.

As you know I suggest as much room treatment as you, your room, and your SO will allow, but this device will provide, significant improvement by allowing you to reduce "peaks" and booms.

It also includes two x-over slopes 12db and 24db, and a Subsonic filter.

The subsonic filter can be good for those with vinyl who have trouble isolating their TT's.

warnerwh

« Reply #6 on: 12 Mar 2005, 03:57 am »
Do you know what the input impedance is? Thanks

John Casler

« Reply #7 on: 12 Mar 2005, 05:55 am »
Do you know what the input impedance is? Thanks

Haven't seen a detailed spec sheet yet.  They will be in the owners manual which is being written as we speak.

warnerwh

« Reply #8 on: 12 Mar 2005, 06:32 am »
Thanks, that can be important for people with tube preamps.

John Casler

« Reply #9 on: 12 Mar 2005, 03:02 pm »
Thanks, that can be important for people with tube preamps.

If it helps, I have been using it with the MiniMax since I received it and it has worked fine.