Happy ending

Florian

Happy ending
« on: 10 Mar 2005, 04:14 pm »
Airfare for VMPS RM30M, Krell KSA-150, Jolida and Audio Analouge + cables is 560EUR with pickup and 3 day transit.

It will leave this house on Monday and i will leave 99% on Tuesday. I will arive on Wednesday and my stuff will be there on Wednesday too.

:D

I thank all for their support !!!

Crimson

Happy ending
« Reply #1 on: 10 Mar 2005, 11:48 pm »
Ya......long live parents!  :lol: Let's hear it for lord whine! Hope you have a real life real soon.  :roll:

jpsartre

Happy ending
« Reply #2 on: 11 Mar 2005, 12:31 am »
Man, enough already, write a diary or something. Who cares?

gonefishin

Happy ending
« Reply #3 on: 11 Mar 2005, 01:09 am »
I care!    :wink:

hey Florian...I'm so glad things turned out well for you.  Well, with respect to your audio system at least.  Do you know where you'll be staying at?

anyway...I hope this is the start of more good to come your way  :)

Dan

Florian

Happy ending
« Reply #4 on: 11 Mar 2005, 01:15 am »
Yes i am glad too. Its also cool that at least some people care about the people that they interact with.

A CD Player is easy replaceable and fixed but a life isnt. I can only hope that noone else has to go through crap like i did.

-Flo

jpsartre

Happy ending
« Reply #5 on: 11 Mar 2005, 01:27 am »
Bleeding hearts of the world unite. Your sound system is worth more than many people's annual income. Life sucks sometimes. Get your ass up and try again until you get it right. You got your health and you are young so stop acting like what a famous neighbor of yours would call "a girly man".

Talking of pathological whining, I just remembered Alex (you know the Odyssey fanatic, left wing politic loony etc). What ever happened to that dude?

Florian

Happy ending
« Reply #6 on: 11 Mar 2005, 01:32 am »
Who the hell is whining.....?

i wanna see you, when you have to sell your only hobby because of some bullshit.

Why the hell do i not have the right to express my situation here?

In my 21yrs of life i have lifed with 2 sets of parents have been in a bording school. I have restarted my life 3 times and ran 2 companys.

I am not a quiter, and the only reason why i post here is because in the entire neighborhood area here there is absolutly noone to talk to, and there are great people and friends on this forum that do care.

So stop whining about my post, if you dont like it then dont read it !!!

Marbles

Happy ending
« Reply #7 on: 11 Mar 2005, 01:35 am »
Quote from: jpsartre

Talking of pathological whining, I just remembered Alex (you know the Odyssey fanatic, left wing politic loony etc). What ever happened to that dude?

I don't know what happened to him....but with his health problems, if anyone had a reason to whine it would be him.

You (and neither would I) would not want to trade places with him and his lifes burdens......

jpsartre

Happy ending
« Reply #8 on: 11 Mar 2005, 01:54 am »
I was not privy to any health problems he had but when one loses his/her health all bets are off (you hear Florian, you are healthy aren't you)?

In any event, despite the whining Alex had impeccable taste in music and I really miss his CD recommendations.

Florian

Happy ending
« Reply #9 on: 11 Mar 2005, 02:26 am »
So are you saying that my situation is not bad enough to be posted because i am not going to die?

Seriously, you make no sense.

Is there a minimum amount of pain that i need to suffer before i can post?

KKM

Happy ending
« Reply #10 on: 11 Mar 2005, 03:11 am »
The audio community is a small group of folks who share a fun hobby. I think if someone wants to air something out other then audio, we should be just as supportive whether we really understand their situation or not. Flo here is in a foreign country and just needed a little support from his fellow audio buddy's. Whether we respond or not is our choice, but for him it is a release and therapeutic. Writing something negative doesn't help his situation. I hope that in the future, anyone that needs a lending ear can do so here without criticism, its best to go on to the next thread then to cloud the postings. Remember to have fun in audio. Good luck and safe travels on your move, Florian.

jpsartre

Happy ending
« Reply #11 on: 11 Mar 2005, 03:31 am »
Quote from: Florian
So are you saying that my situation is not bad enough to be posted because i am not going to die?

Seriously, you make no sense.

If you are going to post about your pain in more than 3 different threads simultaneously then yes, a minimum amount of misfortune is necessary.

Notice I won't even call this "pain". If you think that having to go back to your homeland (a modern European powerhouse), with the full support of your obviously caring parents, with good skills and education, perfect health (you haven't indicated otherwise) and a kick-ass system can be classified as "pain" you need a reality check.

From what I've read, your situation is due to bad planning and blind trust. This is a lesson for you. You'll find later on that failures and setbacks go a long way to teach you about life, perhaps more than successes. I know I am sounding condescending but I can't help it in this case. I have a few years on you and I am sure others here know what I'm saying, even if they don't post about it.

As to your posts here being a result of not having anyone to talk to-my bad-you are right.

Anyway, get your chin up and don’t think about yesterday because tomorrow is around the corner-get ready for it-you are only 21 with everything ahead of you (you lucky bastard). And don’t get me started about the gear you have-at 21. I had a $65 Sharp boombox at 21 for crying out loud.

Anyway, good luck.

rooze

Happy ending
« Reply #12 on: 14 Mar 2005, 03:00 pm »
Quote from: Florian

That's the funniest thing I've read this hour!!  :lol:

jackman

Happy ending
« Reply #13 on: 14 Mar 2005, 03:26 pm »
One of my best friends sustained an injury about a month ago that would make almost anyone feel lucky not to be in his shoes.  He was doing a favor for an 85 year old neighbor, replacing an old water heater.  It was very old and leaking water all over the guy's utility room (ranch house, no basement) so my friend strapped it to a two wheeler and was moving it out of the house, down some stairs with the help of the old guys "younger" 81 year old friend.  

Long story short, the older guy was on top when one of the wheels from the two wheeler blew and he dropped the 400 lb tank on my friend.  Much of the weight would up on my friend's chest and torso (he's a big, strong guy) but the drain attachment (or something sticking out of the tank) crushed my friend's urithra!  He woke up in the hospital after being knocked out for an hour with a tube in his you know what.  He is still peeing blood and may require surgury to repair the damage.  He's been off work since the insident and will probably be off for at least another month.  The broken ribs and sternum don't seem so bad compared to a crushed urithra!  

In time his injuries will heal, but I'll gladly move and give up my stereo before I go through what this guy is going through.  I didn't have the guts to tell him about my "Scrotum Smasher" subwoofer!

Cheers,
J

JackStraw

Happy ending
« Reply #14 on: 14 Mar 2005, 03:30 pm »
Oh, I thought this thread was about something else entirely.

Florian, when you post anything here or (worse yet) in any other forum you're opening yourself to ridicule. Start going on about your personal life in multiple threads and SOMEBODY'S going to take the bait. I think that most readers here would at least get a chuckle out of jpsartre's comments. And, in comparison to the treatment that people receive in some forums this is all pretty tame stuff. AC is good people.

Anyway, good luck with the move and take care.

doug s.

• makin' music
Happy ending
« Reply #15 on: 14 Mar 2005, 06:28 pm »
Quote from: jpsartre
Man, enough already, write a diary or something. Who cares?

hmmm. le'see.  seems, jp, you have posted to this thread more than anyone!  oops - i made a mistake - one other person has tied you for most posts - its originator, florian!  :lol:  and you say "who cares?"   *i* say: res ipsa loqitur!  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:  

what a freekin' hypocrite!  seems you should change yer moniker - i am sure mr. sartre would be embarrassed to be compared to someone like you!   :mrgreen:

flo - good luck w/your journey; i am sorry i was unable to put you up chez-sedon.  keep us all posted when you get settled in "the homeland".  :wink:

ymmv,

doug s.

Florian

Happy ending
« Reply #16 on: 14 Mar 2005, 08:13 pm »
Thanks guys.

My flight leaves wenseday morning at 10 (i get dropped off at the AP at 5  :roll: )

And i will arive in germany at 12 noon the next day.

:sleep:  :sleep:

Bingenito

Happy ending
« Reply #17 on: 14 Mar 2005, 08:52 pm »
Man I would give up my system before I took a 400lb water heater to the nuts any day.

That really sucks.

You know any guy that reads that makes this face  :o  and holds their boys like  :cuss:

jpsartre

Happy ending
« Reply #18 on: 15 Mar 2005, 07:04 am »
Quote from: doug s.
hmmm. le'see.  seems, jp, you have posted to this thread more than anyone!  oops - i made a mistake - one other person has tied you for most posts - its originator, florian!  :lol:  and you say "who cares?"   *i* say: res ipsa loqitur!  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:  

what a freekin' hypocrite!  seems you should change yer moniker - i am sure mr. sartre would be embarrassed to be compared to someone like you!   :mrgreen:

flo - good luck w/your journey; i am sorry i was unable to put you up chez ...

Based on your post, it appears you do not understand the definition of hypocrisy. Perhaps one of our Greek friends here at AC can enlighten you.

Rocket

Happy ending
« Reply #19 on: 15 Mar 2005, 08:52 am »
Hi Florian,

Best of luck in returning home to Germany.  Unlike some other people i realise you're relatively young and i'm sure it has been an unpleasant situation living in another country without family support.

You have received some good advice, pick yourself up move on and learn something by this experience.  After all your only 21 years old and i'm sure you will recover  :) .

Best wishes

Rod