Mike Lundy Speaks!

lincolnmat

Mike Lundy Speaks!
« on: 10 Dec 2020, 04:01 pm »
Our own Mike Lundy is featured in the new video for the PS Audio m1200 monoblock amps. He even gets a shout out to GR Research!

https://youtu.be/XzecvUuulDE

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
Re: Mike Lundy Speaks!
« Reply #1 on: 10 Dec 2020, 05:38 pm »
Our own Mike Lundy is featured in the new video for the PS Audio m1200 monoblock amps. He even gets a shout out to GR Research!

https://youtu.be/XzecvUuulDE

Yeah but my voice sounds terrible. Much higher pitched than it sounds like to me

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #2 on: 10 Dec 2020, 05:41 pm »
Yeah but my voice sounds terrible. Much higher pitched than it sounds like to me

Ain't that always how it goes? I feel the same way whenever i hear my voice played back thru a PA or video..  :oops:

charmerci

« Reply #3 on: 10 Dec 2020, 06:09 pm »

For everyone. The skull is a bass resonant enclosure.

jn316

« Reply #4 on: 10 Dec 2020, 06:37 pm »

Needs Norez implants.  :green:

Norman Tracy

« Reply #5 on: 10 Dec 2020, 06:51 pm »
As a fellow white beard I want to say Mike is looking very dapper in the big headphones with boom mic. Great framing of the shot with more PS Audio gear in the background. Just at the top of the frame you see a couple of his native American flutes. Yet another audiophile + musician. And + woodworker extraordinaire.

Folsom

« Reply #6 on: 10 Dec 2020, 07:00 pm »

I've noticed that, but then what does this guy's voice sound like in his head?

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 10 Dec 2020, 07:45 pm »
As a fellow white beard I want to say Mike is looking very dapper in the big headphones with boom mic. Great framing of the shot with more PS Audio gear in the background. Just at the top of the frame you see a couple of his native American flutes. Yet another audiophile + musician. And + woodworker extraordinaire.

On that musician thing, I haven’t played my trumpet hardly at all since graduating high school but I finally broke down and ordered a new flugelhorn from Austin Custom Brass. Can’t wait for it to get here then dust off the old skills and rebuild my chops.

charmerci

« Reply #8 on: 10 Dec 2020, 08:05 pm »
On that musician thing, I haven’t played my trumpet hardly at all since graduating high school but I finally broke down and ordered a new flugelhorn from Austin Custom Brass. Can’t wait for it to get here then dust off the old skills and rebuild my chops.

The old, great jazz trumpeters use to gravitate towards the corner. I sure wish more horn players would play the flugelhorn. I love its sound!

Barryg443

« Reply #9 on: 10 Dec 2020, 08:13 pm »
I saw it this morning!
I considered doing a review, but backed out. 
Now I wish I had!

Barry :duh:

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #10 on: 10 Dec 2020, 08:15 pm »
I played Trumpet in late elementary then moved to clarinet in middle school. Hated band  class tho... lol cuz it was mandatory for all students until highschool.

I got into playing bass guitar for a while in highschool, but it never went anywhere, aside from a couple youth church competitions, that were fun, but I never put in the effort i should have to really learn to play well.

Thats said, I'm glad the M1200 beta test turned out so well, im glad to hear about all the positive feedback from so many different people with different rooms, gear, setups etc. Each one of them gaining something from the upgrade, and only coming back for more and more. (Thats how I've been with my X-Statiks the past couple weeks, I cant wait to repair & upgrade them.)

I really hope that things pan out for LSAF in 2021, cuz I'd love to hear your setup with the NX-Otica MTMs.

Any update on your crossover upgrades?

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #11 on: 10 Dec 2020, 08:21 pm »
I played Trumpet in late elementary then moved to clarinet in middle school. Hated band  class tho... lol cuz it was mandatory for all students until highschool.

I got into playing bass guitar for a while in highschool, but it never went anywhere, aside from a couple youth church competitions, that were fun, but I never put in the effort i should have to really learn to play well.

Thats said, I'm glad the M1200 beta test turned out so well, im glad to hear about all the positive feedback from so many different people with different rooms, gear, setups etc. Each one of them gaining something from the upgrade, and only coming back for more and more. (Thats how I've been with my X-Statiks the past couple weeks, I cant wait to repair & upgrade them.)

I really hope that things pan out for LSAF in 2021, cuz I'd love to hear your setup with the NX-Otica MTMs.

Any update on your crossover upgrades?

Current crossover update is they have taken a back seat until I get time to work on stuff for myself again.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #12 on: 10 Dec 2020, 08:29 pm »
Current crossover update is they have taken a back seat until I get time to work on stuff for myself again.

Fair enough!

lincolnmat

« Reply #13 on: 10 Dec 2020, 08:37 pm »

It was probably just the mic on your headphones. I thought you sounded thin, but then people usually do when using those headset mics. The folks on TV are surely equalized.

RonP

« Reply #14 on: 11 Dec 2020, 12:38 am »
Yeah.. You don't sound like that Mike. It's like the lower registers of your voice weren't captured.

Hobbsmeerkat

• Industry Participant
« Reply #15 on: 11 Dec 2020, 12:50 am »
Yeah.. You don't sound like that Mike. It's like the lower registers of your voice weren't captured.

Im not sure if his mic is a physical part of the headphones, but I highly recommend using an Antlion ModMic, the sound quality is about as good as you can get without switching to a more traditional lav mic or studio microphone.

I've used the older ModMic 4 with my Sennheiser HD598 SE for 4-5 years now, it's a killer combo!  :thumb:

Speaker Challenged

« Reply #16 on: 11 Dec 2020, 01:03 am »
Great work Mike. If you wouldn't have mentioned pitch I wouldn't have even thought about it. You sounded normal for a headphone interview. What you said is what counted. Nice job. 8)

SC

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #17 on: 11 Dec 2020, 04:44 am »
Im not sure if his mic is a physical part of the headphones, but I highly recommend using an Antlion ModMic, the sound quality is about as good as you can get without switching to a more traditional lav mic or studio microphone.

I've used the older ModMic 4 with my Sennheiser HD598 SE for 4-5 years now, it's a killer combo!  :thumb:

Yes, the mic is part of the headphones. It's a pair of gaming headphones. I'll look into the one you suggested. I got a high definition camera and it is a lot better than a built in one so it makes sense the mic is the same way.

Great work Mike. If you wouldn't have mentioned pitch I wouldn't have even thought about it. You sounded normal for a headphone interview. What you said is what counted. Nice job. 8)

SC

Thanks. I hope people find the beta testers experiences helpful. I stand by what I said and agree with the other beta testers. My system has never sounded as good as it does now, by a fair margin. Those who have heard it at Lone Star know how good it sounded in the past. Well, imagine it an order of magnitude better. It'll be at the next Lone Star Audio Fest for sure. It's not just the power amps that are different though. After the M1200 beta test I upgraded the DAC, phono preamp, preamp, and SACD/CD player to the same level as the power amps. This system is sweet.

edit - I just ordered am ModMic wireless, thanks for the tip

barryso

« Reply #18 on: 11 Dec 2020, 02:21 pm »
Hi Mike,

Nice interview.  Congrats.

Your system was sounding really good at the last LSAF.  Really looking forward to hearing it again with all the upgrades.  It's really obvious you've spent a lot of time and effort on your system as it gets better every year.

Barry

mkrawcz

« Reply #19 on: 11 Dec 2020, 03:47 pm »
Thanks. I hope people find the beta testers experiences helpful. I stand by what I said and agree with the other beta testers. My system has never sounded as good as it does now, by a fair margin. Those who have heard it at Lone Star know how good it sounded in the past. Well, imagine it an order of magnitude better. It'll be at the next Lone Star Audio Fest for sure. It's not just the power amps that are different though. After the M1200 beta test I upgraded the DAC, phono preamp, preamp, and SACD/CD player to the same level as the power amps. This system is sweet.

I couldn't agree more Mike! Have you tried other tubes in the M1200s?