OK here are some pictures of the RM30 in cherry.....

Florian

« Reply #40 on: 4 Mar 2005, 07:04 pm »
Here is a link to the song....wont take long. I made a new thred since i wasnt sure how many still watch this one  :D

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=17302.msg151280#151280

warnerwh

« Reply #41 on: 4 Mar 2005, 10:33 pm »
You should read up on room acoustics. All rooms have modes depending on their dimensions. It's pure physics. That said you also have extremely revealing speakers and you will find alot of recordings with various anomolies.  Brian had the best suggestion of putting a couple of bass traps behind your speakers. You can make them or buy them but either way your sound quality will improve quite alot, much more than cables or electronic upgrades, more like a speaker upgrade.

Florian

« Reply #42 on: 4 Mar 2005, 10:36 pm »
I am already looking at bass traps, but there are none that i can afford. Is there a DIY project where i can build two for less than 100$ ?

I found one but cant find the pipe shaped absorber.

http://www.teresaudio.com/haven/traps/traps.html

gongos

« Reply #43 on: 5 Mar 2005, 01:01 am »
foambymail.com. Cheap and effective.

Bingenito

« Reply #44 on: 5 Mar 2005, 01:55 am »
I am already looking at bass traps, but there are none that i can afford. Is there a DIY project where i can build two for less than 100$ ?

I have some left over rigid fiberglass and MiroFlex. Let me know what time you want to meet on Saturday. I will be glad to help build some home made bass traps :rock:

You will just need some fabric that you can get from Exit 23 on 77N. Hancock Fabrics. That is where I got mine. They have left overs from other people you can get really cheap. You can have my left over rigid fiberglass. There is not much but enough to play around with.

I have left over fabric glue that we can use and 3m super 77 spray glue as well.

Florian

« Reply #45 on: 5 Mar 2005, 02:20 am »
Very cool, i already started building them :-)  I went to HD.

Gimme a call, you still have the number?

Florian

« Reply #46 on: 5 Mar 2005, 03:13 am »
Update on basstrap

UPDATE