Qobuz sucks. Unusable.

RoadTripper

Qobuz sucks. Unusable.
« on: 27 Jun 2019, 09:23 pm »
Although it sounds quite good most of the time, it drops out constantly. It either quits entirely or it will drop out in the middle of a track to resume in the next one. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm using the app on a Macbook Air with a fairly current OS release.

Vedder323

• vinyl reviews and more, check out Newrecordday.com
    • New Record Day
Re: Qobuz sucks. Unusable.
« Reply #1 on: 27 Jun 2019, 09:27 pm »
Nope, never. Been stable for me since day 1 in different environments.

srb

Re: Qobuz dropouts - help needed
« Reply #2 on: 27 Jun 2019, 09:28 pm »
Using a wired Ethernet connection or Wi-Fi?
« Last Edit: 5 Jul 2019, 06:16 am by srb »

JackD

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jun 2019, 09:41 pm »
Completely stable here for over two years wired or wireless with multiple streamer brands.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #4 on: 27 Jun 2019, 09:50 pm »
I have drop outs too, I suspect it's compatibility with Chromecast Audio is not very good. 

I'm on a 2013 Macbook Pro.
« Last Edit: 27 Jun 2019, 11:31 pm by Tyson »

RoadTripper

« Reply #5 on: 27 Jun 2019, 09:53 pm »
WiFi. Not using Chromecast audio. Transitions between tracks is also extremely poor. I listen to a lot of opera and they will frequently have a track transition with no actual break. Qobuz has no idea what to do with that.

dB Cooper

« Reply #6 on: 27 Jun 2019, 10:07 pm »
Have you tried other lossless streaming services like Tidal (they have a trial), or video streaming like Netflix, and are you seeing the same issues?

Qobux trial and worked OK for me. Stuck with Tidal though.

Once had a cable internet service that tested very fast but wouldn't stream anything, even the most piddling low-bitrate audio. Some kind of incompatibity with the card in my laptop. Could be something similar depending on whether it's a Qobuz-specific issue or not. If it is, then there you are. It would be unusual though. As far as the transitions go, check the 'gapless playback' setting in app prefs.

bacobits1

• I spilled my fruitloops
« Reply #7 on: 27 Jun 2019, 11:08 pm »
Flawless here using Bluesound Node 2i, WiFi.
Check your network is the first place I would look.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: 28 Jun 2019, 12:44 am »
No dropouts here but their catalog is less than Tidal and their whole approach to the market was abysmal.

firedog

« Reply #9 on: 28 Jun 2019, 06:46 am »
Works fine for me. Even hi res.

Ponkbutler

• Naim 555,552,500, Shahinian Diapasons
« Reply #10 on: 28 Jun 2019, 08:06 am »
Works fine for me and sounds better than Tidal.

TomS

« Reply #11 on: 28 Jun 2019, 10:06 am »
Zero dropout problems with Qobuz or Tidal here

Rich Carlson

« Reply #12 on: 28 Jun 2019, 10:44 am »
No problems for me via Bluesound.  Maybe 1 dropout every 5 or 6 hours using the webplayer on Win10/Opera at my office.

Tyson

« Reply #13 on: 28 Jun 2019, 03:29 pm »
I'm adjusting a few of my settings  in Qobuz, we'll see if it helps anything.

RoadTripper

« Reply #14 on: 28 Jun 2019, 06:44 pm »
Settings?? I can't find any way to adjust settings in Qobuz. I asked them but it's crickets so far. Any help here?

As for my problem, I discovered in talking to the tech support that some tracks aren't cleared for streaming. They load up 30 seconds of the track (somewhere in the middle) and that's all you get. That's what's been happening on the selection I had problems with. For some reason that selection has numerous tracks disabled in that way. Others are fine.

The other problem is random hanging. I'll probably get to that one later.

Tyson

« Reply #15 on: 28 Jun 2019, 07:27 pm »
Settings?? I can't find any way to adjust settings in Qobuz. I asked them but it's crickets so far. Any help here?

As for my problem, I discovered in talking to the tech support that some tracks aren't cleared for streaming. They load up 30 seconds of the track (somewhere in the middle) and that's all you get. That's what's been happening on the selection I had problems with. For some reason that selection has numerous tracks disabled in that way. Others are fine.

The other problem is random hanging. I'll probably get to that one later.

Click your name in the upper right corner.  Then click the "Music Playing' tab/option in the center of the page below your name and below "Modify My Account".

I changed my buffer size to 5s and Cache to 50 Go, seems to be helping.  We'll see...

john1970

« Reply #16 on: 29 Jun 2019, 11:50 pm »
I use Qobuz on two separate streaming devices and have zero drop outs since I signed up for service many months ago.  My two streamers are a SimAudio 280D and Bryston BDA3.  Both work flawlessly although I like the interface on the SimAudio better than the Bryston.

mitch stl

« Reply #17 on: 5 Jul 2019, 01:53 am »
Another vote for Qobuz. I use it on my LMS/Squeezebox Touch system, controlled via SqueezeCommander on a Kindle Fire, and have had no issues. Searching for music goes quickly and smoothly, and playback begins promptly with no stuttering, pauses or other issues. Sound quality is excellent. I'm very happy with the service.

RoadTripper

« Reply #18 on: 5 Jul 2019, 03:10 am »
Where it sucks, upon further review, is in opera. It, for some reason, breaks up a 2-3 hour opera (or more) into sixty 2 to 4 minutes tracks even though any group of those tracks comprise one full selection from the opera. It will, then, come to a brief but full stop in the middle of a note being held for a handful of beats. This happens at least a couple dozen times per opera. Folks who don't do opera won't care. For me it winds up being a full on jolt to the system. A phrase going silent for no reason. There is no gapless playback setting anywhere in Qobuz and I'm not sure it would help as Qobuz claims gapless playback is the default. FUBAR.

There are still mysterious dropouts but those I can live with. They don't happen all that much.

skunark

« Reply #19 on: 5 Jul 2019, 05:21 am »
I had zero issues via upmpdcli on a raspberry pi with substantial usage but had horrible luck with the iOS app as downloaded songs glitched and in some situations just skipped the entire track.   I’ve cancelled and switched back to tidal.    For what i listen to, qobuz lacked a lot of tracks that Tidal had, but the interface and song selection is leaps ahead of tidal.   I will revisit qobuz in six months or so.