Add Some Song

docder

Add Some Song
« on: 7 Sep 2018, 11:39 am »
Does the Add Some Song feature have to be activated in some way or does it automatically kick in  when what is in the playlist ends? On my BDP-1 the playlist just ends and nothing follows on. I can't see anywhere to activate Add Some Song. It should work in the Default listing, right?

d

docder

Re: Add Some Song
« Reply #1 on: 7 Sep 2018, 02:02 pm »
I note in the release notes for 2.38 it states that Bryston API must be turned on for Add Some Song to function. API?

D

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #2 on: 7 Sep 2018, 02:31 pm »
http://vps96186.vps.ovh.ca/docs/whatsnew/manicmoose/2.38/

there should be an infinite symbol in the transport controls, you can see it on the first image next to the (1)

Chris

docder

« Reply #3 on: 7 Sep 2018, 03:11 pm »
Thanks Chris, but there's no infinity symbol visible in the transport bar.

D

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #4 on: 7 Sep 2018, 03:49 pm »
Hi Chris

The infinity sign shows up on mine.

james

docder

« Reply #5 on: 7 Sep 2018, 03:54 pm »
In the transport bar on my BDP-1 there is a space where the infinity should be. I reinstalled 2.38, still no ∞.

docder

« Reply #6 on: 7 Sep 2018, 04:18 pm »

Here is an image of my transport bar, I hope.

D

Fernando

• fernando _at_ -34.899705, -56.158880
« Reply #7 on: 9 Sep 2018, 06:56 pm »
no infinity sign here either, Chris. 

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #8 on: 9 Sep 2018, 07:56 pm »

enable auto fill db isn't required, it simply tries to fill in missing information so it may help but will slow down the build process as it attempts to identify missing tag data

Chris

Fernando

« Reply #9 on: 9 Sep 2018, 08:34 pm »

mine looks different
I don't know how to follow that instruction  :roll: -

Fernando

« Reply #10 on: 9 Sep 2018, 08:43 pm »

BTW, this is new to me. Advance ALSA Settings.

I didn't know where to post about it, it might be a FAQ ...  :? -

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #11 on: 9 Sep 2018, 08:45 pm »
You'll need to do a factory reset, if you don't want to loose your settings/playlists copy the contents of the network share "user" hosted by the BDP to your computer and after the factory reset copy them back and restart the bdp.

Chris

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #12 on: 9 Sep 2018, 08:46 pm »

BTW, this is new to me. Advance ALSA Settings.

I didn't know where to post about it, it might be a FAQ ...  :? -

its one of those only use if we ask you or you understand what alsa is kind of thing, i only added it to help people with certain 3rd part USB DAC's

Fernando

« Reply #13 on: 9 Sep 2018, 09:20 pm »
You'll need to do a factory reset, if you don't want to loose your settings/playlists copy the contents of the network share "user" hosted by the BDP to your computer and after the factory reset copy them back and restart the bdp.

Chris

ouch... ! why me? how did I get here? -   :o:lol:

docder

« Reply #14 on: 10 Sep 2018, 09:57 am »
Thanks, Chris, enabling the Scraper [what is that?] options has brought the Infinity curves into view. So solved for me.

D

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #15 on: 10 Sep 2018, 11:06 am »
The BDP-1 is a MUSIC PLAYER, right?   :duh:

Why is it morphing into an unnecessarily complicated, messier graphics monster??
 :popcorn: :o

docder

« Reply #16 on: 10 Sep 2018, 03:11 pm »
Update - now that the Infinity loops are trying their magic at creating an endless playlist for Add Some Song, ASS is of course calling up Tidal songs into the mix, and we are back with the original problem, Tidal songs cutting off after 60 seconds or so. Except, now, the situation is a little more complex, some Add Some Tidal songs play right through, others break off, others don't start - there seems to be a max of ten songs in the list for it to cease up. Given all this is happening on a BDP-1, is it that the old boy does not the have the power anymore to cope with what is being asked of it with 2018 MPD processing sophistication; are we reaching beyond expectations to think it will?

D

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #17 on: 10 Sep 2018, 05:12 pm »
Update - now that the Infinity loops are trying their magic at creating an endless playlist for Add Some Song, ASS is of course calling up Tidal songs into the mix, and we are back with the original problem, Tidal songs cutting off after 60 seconds or so. Except, now, the situation is a little more complex, some Add Some Tidal songs play right through, others break off, others don't start - there seems to be a max of ten songs in the list for it to cease up. Given all this is happening on a BDP-1, is it that the old boy does not the have the power anymore to cope with what is being asked of it with 2018 MPD processing sophistication; are we reaching beyond expectations to think it will?

D

The issue with the BDP-1's is it 256MB of RAM really places limits on what is possible without storing any data on non-volatile storage and my worry about the streamed data is leaving it in a state to be copied.  Im not worried about our own end users, but I also don't really go out of my way to prevent people from just downloading the firmware and doing what they want with it either.  Im still looking into BDP-1 and TIDAL, im thinking of reverting the BDP-1 to the original method which had some dropouts near the beginning of playback, but it would atleast  not drop the end of a track.  It should perform nearly if not as well as the TIDAL web app but work within mediaplayer.

Chris

Fernando

« Reply #18 on: 11 Sep 2018, 08:20 pm »

Chris

done.

amazing results ! seems i have a new BDP2 in my screen. lots of things.

thanks, Chris.

unincognito

• Industry Participant
    • bryston.com
« Reply #19 on: 12 Sep 2018, 12:00 am »

D

Got some firmware uploaded to fix/change a couple of things, just need to test the firmware to make sure it doesn’t brick my unit before releasing, should be live in a few hours