$75.00 Sharp SD-EX111 : SOLD OUT

ooheadsoo

« Reply #240 on: 2 May 2005, 03:48 am »
My unit also fast forwards with no problems.

eric the red

« Reply #241 on: 2 May 2005, 07:08 pm »
Thanks for the replies and I can live with no fast forward on the remote. The Sharp replaced a modded SLA-1 amp/BAT VK`3i pre/Rega Jupiter at my house. I have a second unit NIB that is going to Vinnie one of these days and I still find it hard to believe that I only paid $75.00 for this good of sound  :beer:

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #242 on: 2 May 2005, 08:06 pm »
Quote from: eric the red
Thanks for the replies and I can live with no fast forward on the remote. The Sharp replaced a modded SLA-1 amp/BAT VK`3i pre/Rega Jupiter at my house. I have a second unit NIB that is going to Vinnie one of these days and I still find it hard to believe that I only paid $75.00 for this good of sound  :beer:

Hi Eric,

You might want to open the new unit and try the new remote on your current Sharp and see if there is still a fast-forward problem.  If it is the remote, I'd be happy to open it up and figure out the problem when you send me your new Sharp to mod.  I'll only charge you $299.00 to fix the remote...just kidding...it will be a freebie!  :mrgreen:

Regards,

eric the red

« Reply #243 on: 2 May 2005, 10:42 pm »
Well I guess I need to start reading owners manuals from now on as I just accidently figured out that I was pressing the wrong buttons on my remote and the fast forward feature works just fine.  :stupid:

Soundbitten

« Reply #244 on: 12 May 2005, 05:10 pm »
My unit just crapped out as it was playing with no warning . It won't restart . I tried to reset it to no avail . Has anyone else had this problem ? Any solutions ?

Soundbitten

« Reply #245 on: 12 May 2005, 07:55 pm »
Is there a fuse that could be blown ?

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #246 on: 12 May 2005, 09:14 pm »
Quote from: Soundbitten
Is there a fuse that could be blown ?

Yes, there are a few fuses, but I doubt that is the problem...

It could be a number of things, and needs to be all taken apart and checked out.  I am very familiar with this unit and can take a look at it for you...

Regards,

Vinnie

slappomatt

« Reply #247 on: 15 May 2005, 06:16 pm »
My sharp also did that. it only clicks when i try to restart it. even from the remote it will click but nothing else. if you find out what is causing that vinne i would love to send you mine for the fix. hopefully it can be elimitaed for good. I'm not 100% certain but there is a chance my speaker wires where shorted when it happened. i opened it up and looked at all the fuses i could see. none looked to be a problem. what a mess in there too! i wouldnt advise opening it unless you are fairly skilled at electrical things.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #248 on: 15 May 2005, 06:28 pm »
Quote from: slappomatt
My sharp also did that. it only clicks when i try to restart it. even from the remote it will click but nothing else. if you find out what is causing that vinne i would love to send you mine for the fix. hopefully it can be elimitaed for good. I'm not 100% certain but there is a chance my speaker wires where shorted when it happened. i opened it up and looked at all the fuses i could see. none looked to be a problem. what a mess in there too! i wouldnt advise opening it unless you are fairly skilled at electrical things.

If Soundbitten sends his to me, I'll let you know what I find...

Feel free to send yours to me at anytime..

Soundbitten

« Reply #249 on: 16 May 2005, 01:50 am »
Quote from: slappomatt

That's exactly what mine does .  Right now I'm waiting to hear from Sharp because the unit is still under warranty . Haven't opened it up yet , I was hoping there would be an easy fix .

eric the red

« Reply #250 on: 12 Jul 2005, 05:15 am »
Sharp for sale on Ebay if anyone is interested-I am not affiliated with the seller...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3280&item=5787875867&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Soundbitten

« Reply #251 on: 12 Jul 2005, 02:42 pm »
Quote from: Soundbitten
That's exactly what mine does .  Right now I'm waiting to hear from Sharp because the unit is still under warranty . Haven't opened it up yet , I was hoping there would be an easy fix .

I sent mine in to get repaired and after waiting about a month they sent me a refurbished unit ( not my original ) . It works fine and I have no complaints but there was no explanation to what was wrong or what happened to the unit I had sent in .
Did you ever take steps to get yours fixed ?

Soundbitten

« Reply #252 on: 12 Jul 2005, 02:43 pm »
oops , that question was meant for slappomat

Carlman

« Reply #253 on: 1 Sep 2005, 12:48 am »
Just wanted to pop in to say thanks to ETR for the good find... I finally took the plunge and bought one from a fellow AC member.  I'm going to pair it with a pair of Usher S-520's which are probably not a perfect match but will work well for my purposes in a small office.  

I was floored at how good this system sounded on acoustic rock and jazz.  I'm just in awe.  If the case was made of thick aluminum, it could easily sell for 500-1,k.  However, extruded plastic cases don't win points from audiophiles.. ;)  

I like the remote, the display, the simplicity.  It's perfect for an audiophile's office.

Thanks again,
Carl

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
I have one here for sale..
« Reply #254 on: 1 Sep 2005, 12:56 am »
I have a Sharp EX-111 here for sale in perfect condition if anyone is interested.... $99.00 + shipping.  Of course, I can sell it with mods as well  :wink:

Email me if interested...I can ship it out this week...

Carlman

« Reply #255 on: 1 Sep 2005, 02:28 am »
Can you replace the analog input with a digital one, Vinnie?

-C

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #256 on: 1 Sep 2005, 10:41 am »
Quote from: Carlman
Can you replace the analog input with a digital one, Vinnie?

-C

Hi Carlman,

It would require the installation of a dac board, but it can be done (I just emailed you).

Regards,

Soundbitten

« Reply #257 on: 1 Dec 2005, 11:28 pm »
I tried hooking up an outboard cd player to the unit but it wouldn't work . Can this be done ?

eric the red

« Reply #258 on: 1 Dec 2005, 11:52 pm »
Works fine here-use the RCA jacks below the left speaker binding posts and press the AUX button on the top of the unit-thank you for contributing to my thread :mrgreen: