New model Omega Floor stander!!!

Sense63

New model Omega Floor stander!!!
« on: 23 Jun 2016, 07:21 pm »

I've had these new speakers for about a month now and wanted to let everyone know how wonderful they are.  I currently have the SAMs in real ebony with the "R" compound and they are amazing.  After talking to Louis for some time about possibly improving the SAMs, he told me about this model.  I decided to take the plunge and ordered them in real Dark Teak with the "R" compound included.  As always, the finish is first class.

These are one of the best speakers I've heard regardless of price in my medium size room (12 x 19). The two Alnico drivers still sound as one, but with greater ease, body and tone.  Of course the bass is deeper and better defined compared to my SAMs, but that is to be expected.  They also image like the SAMs, but the soundstage is bigger yet.  The presentation is also more relaxed.....probably due to the addition of the 2nd driver and both of them working less hard.  I could go on and on, but I thought I'd share these fantastic speakers with everyone.

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
Re: New model Omega Floor stander!!!
« Reply #1 on: 23 Jun 2016, 07:28 pm »
Nice. Are those 4 or 6" drivers and what tube amp is that? Looks like a Prima Luma, or however they spell it.

Rocket Ronny

Sense63

« Reply #2 on: 23 Jun 2016, 07:32 pm »
Thanks Ronny.  They are the 6" drivers and yes, the amp is a Primaluna.

audioguy213

« Reply #3 on: 23 Jun 2016, 07:34 pm »
they look great!

radarnyc

« Reply #4 on: 24 Jun 2016, 01:57 am »
Looks interesting! The top driver is an Alnico? What's the bottom driver? Drivers are both running full range or is one restricted? can you post more photos (rear, with grills)? Thanks so much

RDavidson

« Reply #5 on: 24 Jun 2016, 02:55 am »
Awesome! I bet they sound fantastic.

My guess is that both drivers are 6.5" Alnicos. The top driver is the standard Alnico with the whizzer. The lower driver is the same but with a dust cap (not a whizzer).
« Last Edit: 24 Jun 2016, 03:26 pm by RDavidson »

Beatlebum

« Reply #6 on: 24 Jun 2016, 11:53 am »
Scott,

They look incredible! I'll bet they sound just as good too!

Can't wait to get my dual driver monitors! :D

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #7 on: 24 Jun 2016, 07:21 pm »
Super Alnico 1.5 will hopefully be up on the Omega website as a regular model in a couple of days.

Dimensions: 38"h x 9"w x 14"d
Efficiency: 99dB
Impedance: 4-6 ohm
Frequency response: 35-20k (room gain can take the bass considerably lower)
Finish: Real wood veneer
Weight: About 50lbs each in shipping boxes

Introductory price: $4695 USD

« Last Edit: 7 Jul 2016, 05:37 pm by Canada Rob »

audioguy213

« Reply #8 on: 24 Jun 2016, 07:28 pm »
I think this is the best looking Omega speaker I have ever seen,
is it rear ported?
single set of speaker jacks or capable of bi-amping?

Sense63

« Reply #9 on: 24 Jun 2016, 08:09 pm »
The speakers posted by Canada Rob are actually my speakers, so you can see how the finish looks in better lighting.  Mine are rear ported, but Louis will do bottom ported as well.  Mine have the single set of speaker jacks.  Both drivers are Alnico.  Louis would be able to explain better why the bottom one doesn't have the whizzer.  Thanks Rob for the great picture!
« Last Edit: 2 Jul 2016, 01:23 am by Sense63 »

audioguy213

« Reply #10 on: 24 Jun 2016, 08:26 pm »
I believe these are my speakers that I started the post with, so you can see how the finish looks in better lighting.  Mine are rear ported, but Louis will do bottom ported as well.  Mine have the single set of speaker jacks.  Both drivers are Alnico.  Louis would be able to explain better why the bottom one doesn't have the whizzer.  Thanks Rob for the great picture!

How is the bottom end response in your room with that placement?
The website says 40Hz , but more in room, just curious.

Sense63

« Reply #11 on: 24 Jun 2016, 08:52 pm »
Bottom end response (even away from my front wall 5') is exceptional.

Louis O

« Reply #12 on: 25 Jun 2016, 02:25 am »
Hi Sense63,

Many thanks for the great review and posting about the new High Output Super Alnico 1.5 floorstander.

I'm so happy you are enjoying the sound. Also thanks for your input and taking the plunge. It was great working with you on the look of the narrow baffle style. They really look great.

I will be spending time over the summer to set up the line of 1.5 way speakers. I have the Alnico models set up and now working on the RS5 versions. A lot more to come with pictures hopefully soon.

Next will be Beatlebum's monitor's. Getting the veneer on Monday so we are very close.

Hi audioguy213,

Thanks and appreciate that. The proportions worked out so well. They are rear ported and the ports are flared 3". I can bottom port them as well. They will come standard with single set of binding posts. I can set them up with dual posts as an option.

Hi radarnyc,

Thanks and RDavidson is correct both are alnico. The lower driver is restricted at 500Hz with a high quality coil. Both drivers are the same minus the dustcap on the lower driver. The sum up to an equivalent 9.5" driver.

Hi Canada Rob,

Thanks for the description and great picture.

I'm very excited about the new 1.5's and much more on the way.

Thanks again,
Louis

Sense63

« Reply #13 on: 25 Jun 2016, 03:37 am »
Scott,

They look incredible! I'll bet they sound just as good too!

Can't wait to get my dual driver monitors! :D

Tim-   Thank you and I can't wait to hear your impressions about your new speakers!  I'm sure you're going to love them.

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #14 on: 25 Jun 2016, 03:57 am »
Congrats, they look amazing! I really like the 1.5 way models...  :thumb:

Louis O

« Reply #15 on: 25 Jun 2016, 02:04 pm »
Thanks Dave and can't wait to get the line all sorted out.

Thanks again,
Louis

n1ente

« Reply #16 on: 27 Jun 2016, 11:14 am »
Will you do also 1.5 way version for monitor? or 1.5 way is exclusive of full tower version?

Sense63

« Reply #17 on: 27 Jun 2016, 01:43 pm »
Hi n1ente,

Yes, Louis will be making the 1.5 way for monitors.  Beatlebum, who posted above, is in the process of receiving his 1.5 monitors.  You may want to touch base with him.

Dmason

« Reply #18 on: 27 Jun 2016, 04:42 pm »
Now that looks interesting.  They appear identical except the whiz is replaced with a "dust cap."  Add 3db sensitivity and larger presentation and they will sound big n easy. Nice work, Louis. May we know what Fs you chose..

That new design is the best flea-amp contender I have seen in a long time. Single ended tubes rule, here.

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #19 on: 27 Jun 2016, 05:19 pm »
Nice, well done Louis.  8)

I'd like to see 16 ohm drivers since my flea prefers 8 ohms.

Lin