New model Omega Floor stander!!!

n1ente

Re: New model Omega Floor stander!!!
« Reply #20 on: 30 Jun 2016, 10:51 am »
Thanks!
This is a great news, I was seriously thinking about an Super Alnico Monitor, SAM.

Is it lecit to ask here some prelininary info about versions and prices ?

Sorry but we really want to have one of that new fantastic piece of loudspeakers ;)

Louis O

« Reply #21 on: 4 Jul 2016, 03:48 am »
Hi n1ente,

Thanks and welcome. Sense63 is correct and I'm finishing up the monitor version now for Beatlebum . I will post pictures with fitted Skylan Stands. I would be happy to go over the prices.

Thanks Dmason I appreciate the kind words and hope to make many. They sound terrific with all my amps and sleeper SS amp from Vista Audio called the Spark. It's insanely good at $349.

Hi opnly bafld,

Thanks and the current set up is bit higher than 4 ohm and very easy to drive, But I'm going to look into 16 ohm coils in Alnico's.

Thanks again,
Louis

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #22 on: 7 Jul 2016, 06:32 pm »
The new Super Alnico High Output 1.5 is now up on the Omega website as an official model in the line.
http://omegaloudspeakers.com/superalnicohigho.html

milford3

« Reply #23 on: 7 Jul 2016, 07:33 pm »
Louis and Canada Rob,  I finally got a chance to listen to the RS5 driver over the 4th weekend for four days.  The driver (RS5) is superb.  It does take some time to warm up but once the listener does it just audio bliss.   :thumb:

n1ente

« Reply #24 on: 11 Jul 2016, 07:44 am »
Wow! Thanks for the good news, but now I'm waiting to know about a SAM 1,5 way, could you anticipate some photos or price pleaaase? :)

Louis O

« Reply #25 on: 15 Jul 2016, 01:33 am »
Hi milford3,

Thanks and great to hear. They are so fast and transparent. You really get into the music.

Hi n1ente,

Thanks and the check out the new thread by Beatlebum:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=144293.0

Price is $3195 and with R compound it's $3395

Thanks gain,
Louis

Thanks

doggie

« Reply #26 on: 6 Aug 2016, 08:55 pm »
OP. How is it going with those new 1.5 Alnico floorstanders?

Sense63

« Reply #27 on: 6 Aug 2016, 10:26 pm »
The new 1.5 high output floor standers are working out great!  They are fully broken in and sound even better than before. 

Louis O

« Reply #28 on: 12 Aug 2016, 01:54 am »
Hi Sense63,

Thanks and great news. The break in makes them a bit better.

Working on the RS5 Monitor version now and hope to have pictures posted next week.

Thanks again,
Louis

doggie

« Reply #29 on: 20 Sep 2016, 08:52 pm »
Hi.

Anyone else tried these new 1.5 Alnico floor standers yet?...

I have a pair of Custom Shop Super 6 Alnico's that are pretty much like the current Super Alnico XRS's. I love these Super 6's and they have scaled up with every change I have made. The clarity and sense of presence is remarkable.

I am thinking of trading up to this new high output version in hopes of some gains and to perhaps try some low output tubes with them.

So I am interested in hearing any feedback especially regarding coherence now using two drivers and the ability to play large orchestral pieces.

Thanks!

Paul

doggie

« Reply #30 on: 20 Sep 2016, 08:56 pm »
Dupe. Sorry...

mrvco

« Reply #31 on: 9 Oct 2016, 09:13 pm »
The new 1.5 high output floor standers are working out great!  They are fully broken in and sound even better than before.

Did you have 1.0 Omegas prior to the HO's to compare?  Having a pair of the 7XRS MKII's that still amaze me (even after just getting home from RMAF), I was already struggling with how much better the Alnico's could possibly be and then here come the 1.5's :scratch:

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
« Reply #32 on: 9 Oct 2016, 09:27 pm »
Did you have 1.0 Omegas prior to the HO's to compare?  Having a pair of the 7XRS MKII's that still amaze me (even after just getting home from RMAF on Friday), I was already struggling with how much better the Alnico's could possibly be and then here come the 1.5's :scratch: