What tubes do you plan to use in your DHT?

Terence T.

Re: What tubes do you plan to use in your DHT?
« Reply #220 on: 22 Nov 2018, 06:29 pm »
The TAKs are pretty pricey: $2500 retail, but Parts Connexion has them for $1600 . . . so, they are approx. $600 more than the KR PX-4s . . . which caused me to hesitate for many months before finally taking the plunge for the TAKs. I had seen so many positive online comments about the TAKs that I figured they must be good tubes, but I was put off by the price . . . and the uncertainty as to whether they would be a good match for the LIO. Once Vinnie gave them his "seal of approval" I decided to give them a try. Now, having heard them, I think I would pay full retail for a pair (if I had to) because I wouldn't want to "settle" for something else. The KR PX-4s are good tubes, and work well in the LIO, but the TAKs take it up to another level IMO.

Hi Timbana,

After reading your shoot-off comments between the Takatsuki TA-300Bs and KR PX4s, I was convinced that I had to get my hands on the TAKs instead of the KR PX4s for my LIO DHT. I was blown away by the initial listening with the TAKs onboard, there was this magic about the Japanese made tubes which made the imaginary 3D soundstage infront so real and lively. I sweared I could hear improved details of the individual voices and instruments at least in my LIO DHT system and in my room. Thanks to Timbaba for sharing with us your impressions of the Takatsuki TA-300Bs and yes, I would also pay in full retail price for a pair if I had to.

Also thanks to Vinnie for your advice on setting the 3 switches on the LIO DHT in your email reply.

Finally, wishing all a Happy Thanksgiving Day....

Terence

olegausany

« Reply #221 on: 24 Nov 2018, 01:13 am »
Thanks to Vinnie I got another chance to try Svetlana SV810 tubes with my LIO and now can definitely say that they are improvement over the 2A3. Especially for those who can't spend arm and leg for more expensive tubes and want deeper bass with more body should really consider SV810. Be aware that I'm using highly modified HD800 instead of speakers so your mileage would be completely different. I also heard TAK300B with the new L2 system and they definitely had a great sound with Harberth 40.2s and P3ESR at NYAS2018

Timbana

« Reply #222 on: 27 Nov 2018, 02:08 am »
Hi Timbana,

After reading your shoot-off comments between the Takatsuki TA-300Bs and KR PX4s, I was convinced that I had to get my hands on the TAKs instead of the KR PX4s for my LIO DHT. I was blown away by the initial listening with the TAKs onboard, there was this magic about the Japanese made tubes which made the imaginary 3D soundstage infront so real and lively. I sweared I could hear improved details of the individual voices and instruments at least in my LIO DHT system and in my room. Thanks to Timbaba for sharing with us your impressions of the Takatsuki TA-300Bs and yes, I would also pay in full retail price for a pair if I had to.

Also thanks to Vinnie for your advice on setting the 3 switches on the LIO DHT in your email reply.

Finally, wishing all a Happy Thanksgiving Day....

Terence

Hi Terence,

I'm glad my post was helpful and that you're enjoying the TAKs

Charlie

Vinnie R.

• Facilitator
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #223 on: 27 Nov 2018, 05:16 pm »
Hi Terence and Timbana,

The TAK TA300Bs really are something special (I love them in the LIO DHT PRE, and in the L2 Signature Preamplifier).  :drool:
Glad you both are also enjoying them.

Hi olegausany,

The SV811-10 has more bass and "thicker" midrange, and more relaxed top end.  With certain speakers and headphones, they
have a nice synergy.  I can see how they are a good match with the HD800 headphones.

---

Regarding the ELROG 300B, they are currently with an L2 Preamp that out for review (also has the stock EH300B Gold Grid).  From the time I had with them in the L2 and LIO DHT PRE, they seemed to have a sound signature that resembled a mix of the KR PX-4 and SV811-10.  Keep in mind that I did not have much more than 25 hours of burn-in on them.  So I'll have to wait a bit until I get them back before I spend more time with them, but there were sounding very nice!

Vinnie