What tubes do you plan to use in your DHT?

decur

Re: What tubes do you plan to use in your DHT?
« Reply #200 on: 17 Aug 2018, 11:56 pm »
Yeah,I’m wondering too?

Vinnie R.

« Reply #201 on: 21 Aug 2018, 05:19 am »
Yeah,I’m wondering too?

All,

I have been so insanely busy that so far, I was only able so far to test the KR T-100 tubes in the L2 Preamp prototype unit.

They sounded superb and I'll be going into more details later (sorry, but I have so much on my plate right now), but I'm not sure yet how they will work with LIO DHT PRE.  The DHT circuit in LIO DHT PRE vs L2 Preamp is quite a bit different, so
I can't recommend them for LIO DHT PRE *yet* ... but hopefully soon. 

Actually, I don't have a LIO DHT PRE on hand... all sold out and won't be able to get to building one for a week or two.  Sorry
for the delay.  :duh:

Thanks,

Vinnie

jhrlrd

« Reply #202 on: 23 Aug 2018, 05:23 pm »
I've been running the KR 300B (straight bottle version) in my LIO DHT, and quite happy with the results, nothing 'wrong' with them.

Recently bought a pair of KR PX4. The first thing I noticed about the PX4 is it seems to have
a higher output compared to the KR 300B. I had to turn the volume down a couple notches to equal the sound level
produced by the 300Bs.
 After matching levels, I still perceive the PX4 to have a "stronger" presentation, more presence or fleshed out if you will.
Tonally and spatially about the same as the 300B, in my system as least.
The bass seems to have slightly more power behind it, however that may be a function of the tube producing more output, I don't know.
I think I'll run the PX4 for a month, then put the 300Bs back in and see if anything's missing...

Interested in trying the TAKs, but I'm guessing the difference would be subtle, and not sure if it would be worth triple the cake.
However, If they did add gobs of depth, or separation, or soundstage width, I would deem them worth it.

Vinnie R.

« Reply #203 on: 23 Aug 2018, 08:43 pm »
Hi jhrlrd,

Thanks for your post.

I also have a new pair of KR 300Bs that I'd like to try out soon.

..PX4 to have a "stronger" presentation, more presence or fleshed out if you will. Tonally and spatially about the same as the 300B, in my system as least.  The bass seems to have slightly more power behind it, however that may be a function of the tube producing more output, I don't know.  I think I'll run the PX4 for a month, then put the 300Bs back in and see if anything's missing...

Those are the areas where the PX4 excels.

Interested in trying the TAKs, but I'm guessing the difference would be subtle, and not sure if it would be worth triple the cake.

See: https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=143241.msg1651853#msg1651853

More soon enough...

Vinnie

SteveKi

« Reply #204 on: 24 Aug 2018, 02:27 pm »
Anyone know how much the KR PX4 has been selling for recently? best300b website is currently unavailable.
I want to sell a used (50hrs) pair, is $650 a good price??
TIA,
Steve

jhrlrd

« Reply #205 on: 24 Aug 2018, 04:41 pm »
I paid $500 for mine, and they weren't used much.

jriggy

« Reply #206 on: 24 Aug 2018, 09:30 pm »
500 is a really good price. I paid 650.

Vinnie R.

« Reply #207 on: 26 Aug 2018, 03:51 pm »
best300b website is currently unavailable.

Hi SteveKi,

I was able to view their site.  Standard KR PX-4's are selling for 319 Euro each (so about $750 / pair + shipping).

Vinnie

SteveKi

« Reply #208 on: 19 Sep 2018, 04:24 pm »
Hi SteveKi,

I was able to view their site.  Standard KR PX-4's are selling for 319 Euro each (so about $750 / pair + shipping).

Vinnie

This site?  http://www.best300b.com/

Vinnie R.

« Reply #209 on: 21 Sep 2018, 05:50 pm »
This site?  http://www.best300b.com/

Hi Steve,

Yes, that's the site

Vinnie