Just ordered a pair of Super Alnico Monitors

Bigtom

Re: Just ordered a pair of Super Alnico Monitors
« Reply #40 on: 13 Apr 2016, 01:44 pm »
Yes Louis that was a quick ship... but misfortune happened i received one of my speakers with a damaged driver. Omega having outstanding after sales service has shipped me out a replacement driver the next business day  :thumb:

tracking says tomorrow is the day I get it.... am I ever itching to set these beauties up, the ebony veneer is amazing looking the grain from the sides and top are nicely matched up a true work of art and the coin logo on the front of the speaker is really slick, nice touch!!!

Louis O

« Reply #41 on: 15 Apr 2016, 01:07 am »
Hi Bigtom,

Thanks and looks like the new driver was delivered. Many thanks for your very kind words and can't wait for you to hear the speakers.

The coin logos are really popular. They are made in Virginia and couldn't be happier with the result.

Thanks again,
Louis

Bigtom

« Reply #42 on: 15 Apr 2016, 01:42 pm »
I got the driver swapped out and set up the speakers. The big question is why did I wait so long to get myself a pair of Omega's, they sound fantastic. I only have a few hours on them, listened to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of The Moon remaster and Rush 212 remaster, all I can say is WOW. And in about 100 hours they are supposed to sound better. I am looking forward to giving them a good break in over the weekend.

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #43 on: 15 Apr 2016, 02:00 pm »
Great news Bigtom!  Glad you got them going. :banana piano:

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #44 on: 15 Apr 2016, 02:45 pm »
I got the driver swapped out and set up the speakers. The big question is why did I wait so long to get myself a pair of Omega's, they sound fantastic. I only have a few hours on them, listened to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of The Moon remaster and Rush 212 remaster, all I can say is WOW. And in about 100 hours they are supposed to sound better. I am looking forward to giving them a good break in over the weekend.

Awesome, congrats!  :thumb:

Bigtom

« Reply #45 on: 21 Apr 2016, 04:22 pm »
My cameras aren't any good, here is a pic

syzygy

« Reply #46 on: 21 Apr 2016, 05:09 pm »
sweet

MarkR7

« Reply #47 on: 21 Apr 2016, 06:28 pm »
Sweet x2! Congrats and enjoy!

Bigtom

« Reply #48 on: 21 Apr 2016, 06:42 pm »
I am enjoying them immensely   :thumb:

Bigtom

« Reply #49 on: 22 Apr 2016, 06:39 pm »
Better pics

Louis handywork

pstrisik

• Holding pattern in Audio Nirvana in the PNW!
« Reply #50 on: 23 Apr 2016, 01:10 am »
I love the way Louis matches the grain up one side, over the top and down the other side.  Good bet it's continuous around the bottom, too! 

..........Peter

Louis O

« Reply #51 on: 24 Apr 2016, 01:41 am »
Hi Bigtom,

Awesome news and the ebony looks great. Very popular finish lately. The look is great when grain matched and even match the grain on the tweeds. Makes a huge difference.

Thanks again,
Louis

Bigtom

« Reply #52 on: 29 Apr 2016, 06:54 pm »
I thought I would give my first opinions on my SAM's, I have about 50-60 hours on them now. First thing is first the ebony veneer is really nice secondly these are BIG. I only had small bookshelf, I still own a pair of PSB imagine B's for my ht and they are tiny in comparison. Right out of the of the box they sounded real good, after about 15 or so hours the drivers started to loosen up and start to sing.

Music just started to sound right the vibrations of a guitar strings, the slam of a drum and the tapping of my feet. From top to bottom it just sounds right. For a big speaker there is no boominess at all in my small room. They sound great at low volumes and sound great when I turn them up. The top end is not harsh or shrill it is not rolled off, bass is well controlled and goes deep enough for my liking. Soundstage is huge, imaging is great it has a great depth. Listening to Alice in Chains unplugged, give me  sense of actually being there front and center for this recording.

I am glad I gambled on Omega. I have not been disappointed, these outdo my previous speakers that sold for twice as much as the SAM's.

Louis O

« Reply #53 on: 1 May 2016, 01:21 am »
Hi Bigtom,

Many thanks and great to hear how the SAM's are breaking in in your system.

The speakers are a big box monitor and looks like you got a set of Skylan stands to go with them. The combo is excellent and a great match. You're right and no boominess. They run more like a sealed box alignment. They are quick, balanced and articulate.

Many thanks for your very kind words and very happy you took a gamble on Omega,
Louis

Bigtom

« Reply #54 on: 4 May 2016, 06:34 pm »

looks like you got a set of Skylan stands to go with them.

Yes Louis I was recommended the Skylan stands so I got them to go with the SAM's, I filled them with rice (a whole lot of rice) I really like this combo, looks great and sounds even better.

Tom