SST2 owners - Do you plan on upgrading your amps to the new Cubed series?

BrysTony

I am very happy with my 7BSST2 pair and have no plans to upgrade.  If I were to upgrade it would be to other parts of my system.  The 7BSST2s will likely last longer than I do.

Tony

larevoj

When a company stops innovating (no matter how good they are) it will eventually not exist.

The current hifi industry is filled with audio bling with amplifiers or speakers more expensive versus your car. They do sound good but are they worth it? Its a relative question - some may buy it without a second thought but there are others don't think its value worth the price. Every market has it's own segment of customer and Bryston has built a reputable brand with a strong customer base after so many years.

At some stage the incremental improvements would only get more complex to achieve its desire goals. At this stage the price will only goes upwards after considering the R&D, material cost, machine tooling, labour, etc. Unlike other brands I do trust Bryston to price their product fairly and competitively. Already it is rare these days to find manufacturer offering upgrades after products sold.

I welcome this move and choice is entirely individual  :thumb:

Rod_S

I realize I completely forgot to answer the question in the thread title :)

In the short term no, I don't plan to upgrade my 28B-SST2's and the cost to sell and buy a pair of 28 cubes would still require a large chunk of change. It remains to be seen or perhaps more importantly heard if there will be a performance difference between an upgraded SST2 and an actual cube. I know not everything is being upgraded but will that ultimately affect what we hear in a comparison, that's the million dollar question.

Also given the price increase out of the gate plus a 2nd one to follow for us Canadians I actually just picked up a pair of 7B-SST2's rather than opt straight into the cubes. I could have avoided the 2nd price increase by buying now but really wanted to get all my amps on the same generation. I now just have one additional 7B-SST2 to pruchase to fully replace my 6B-SST C Series.
« Last Edit: 22 Feb 2016, 05:03 pm by Rod_S »

tdinut

• Joe aka Joeinid on other forums.
    • Audioshark Forum
Thank you Rod, and everyone.

I can not wait for more real world owners report their findings.