A Christmas Story

TomS

Re: A Christmas Story
« Reply #160 on: 8 Jan 2016, 01:43 am »
Other than the issue of shipping cost, I"d send a bit of it each week, then maybe an extra personal steam pile in the last one  :green:

RDavidson

« Reply #161 on: 8 Jan 2016, 01:53 am »
From the way you describe the SSIL, he'll be happy you sent him back his stuff. He sounds similar to cousin Eddie from Christmas Vacation, but younger and thus more ignorant. At least cousin Eddie has the somewhat redemptive quality of having his heart in the right place and meaning well.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #162 on: 8 Jan 2016, 02:02 am »
Other than the issue of shipping cost, I"d send a bit of it each week, then maybe an extra personal steam pile in the last one  :green:

GREAT IDEA!  Maybe I can find some crap in the front yard  and include that.    :thumb:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #163 on: 8 Jan 2016, 02:05 am »
From the way you describe the SSIL, he'll be happy you sent him back his stuff. He sounds similar to cousin Eddie from Christmas  Vacation, but younger and thus more ignorant. At least cousin Eddie has the somewhat redemptive quality of having his heart in the right place and meaning well.

The "stuff" is a pile of gingerbread houses the grandkids made while visiting MY daughter's kids, while the dogs were left with us…  Literally a pile of food trash.    :cuss:

BTW, SSIL is nearly 40 years of age, which makes it far worse.   I'll be 65 shortly but could take him easy.

RDavidson

« Reply #164 on: 8 Jan 2016, 02:07 am »
You could get in trouble for sending what would likely be considered a bio bomb.
You might think about sending something like a crap ton of glitter in a package that will definitely make a mess when opened. He'd be dealing with glitter for weeks, if not months.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #165 on: 8 Jan 2016, 02:15 am »
Any AC members in Wichita, KS?  I'd love to send the trashed Christmas goodies to a like-minded audiophile to be dumped on their front step late at night.   No direct evidence of my involvement.  I'd even include a pair of Amperex BB 12AX7s for their trouble.     :thumb:

RDavidson

« Reply #166 on: 8 Jan 2016, 02:34 am »
BTW, SSIL is nearly 40 years of age, which makes it far worse.   I'll be 65 shortly but could take him easy.

That's awful. Really. I wouldn't have dealt with him as well as you. I can be very blunt especially towards those around my age or younger if they cross the line too much. I would've dealt with the repercussions later, but nothing sends a message better (nor helps me keep my sanity better) than confronting an a-hole face to face.....even if it means wrecking a "happy" holiday for others. I know it sounds selfish. But you know what? No one comes into my house and disrespects me and my home nor takes advantage of my graciousness and generosity. I'm not really a confrontational person, but I have lines that shouldn't be crossed. Everyone should. It's about self preservation and respect. Cross the line and you'll be warned. Do it repeatedly....well, there's obviously a problem that needs to be dealt with. Might not come to a fight, but let's say that rules will be made abundantly clear. Don't like it? Leave.

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #167 on: 8 Jan 2016, 02:40 am »
What....uhm..."type"....would you like to send him?
http://shitsenders.com/order/

You're welcome.  :wink:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #168 on: 8 Jan 2016, 02:43 am »

:thumb:

TomS

« Reply #169 on: 8 Jan 2016, 02:47 am »

Oh BISL, very well played, my friend  :thumb:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #170 on: 8 Jan 2016, 03:42 am »
If I were to send such an item there'd be NO question of its origin…  I'd make it "personal."

RDavidson

« Reply #171 on: 8 Jan 2016, 03:46 am »
"Personal" as in.....you'd eat the old gingerbread then take a dump in a box and send it? :scratch:
....er maybe not THAT "personal." :lol:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #172 on: 8 Jan 2016, 03:49 am »
Oh yes, THAT personal! 

Only problem would getting the warden to hold the box steady...

RDavidson

« Reply #173 on: 8 Jan 2016, 03:57 am »
Oh boy......:lol: :lol: :lol:
Game on indeed.

mjmsound

« Reply #174 on: 8 Jan 2016, 02:58 pm »
Just take him hunting. :icon_twisted:

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #175 on: 8 Jan 2016, 10:17 pm »
BRILLIANT!!!!!!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Should I paint the back of his hat white?   

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #176 on: 8 Jan 2016, 11:10 pm »
Send him out in a public hunting area in new hat.  Just say it's the latest in camouflage.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #177 on: 8 Jan 2016, 11:15 pm »
Looks like him, too!

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #178 on: 9 Jan 2016, 01:38 am »
Our Marriage Counselor said that we needed to talk about the elephant in the room. I turned to my (now Ex) wife and said: "See, even she thinks you're fat."

That is way too funny :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Thunderbrick, this has been a great read and boy do I feel bad for what you had to go thru.

I have had my own issues with my sister and her non disciplined kids several times, absolutely no respect for our home which we keep pretty nice. My sisters house looks like a tornado just landed in it. The kids do whatever they want in it including jumping up and down on the pool table and breaking the edges (just one example). The couches and chairs are all broken and crap is everywhere. They don't wipe there feet or take their shoes off, I could go on and on.

I'm guessing when your wife gets back and that time has passed you will be able to look back and have a good dialogue, hopefully finding a common ground and Future solution to what happened.

I wish you well,

Greg

Guy 13

« Reply #179 on: 9 Jan 2016, 01:53 am »
Hi thunderbrick,
my English is not good enough to comment your missfortune with your vistors,
however, I hope everything will get back to normal, normal meaning normal.
I read all your post and find that you can put something bad-sad into something look funny,
but it's not...

Guy 13
I have more or less the same problem on planet Vietnam with some of my Vietnamese visitors,
however, I am a direct person and my wife more or less agree with me.