What's up Doc ?

Guy 13

Re: What's up Doc ?
« Reply #320 on: 15 Jun 2016, 01:58 am »

Guy 13

weatherman1

« Reply #322 on: 15 Jun 2016, 05:28 am »
If you isolate a study  to only one aspect of cholesterol the result will show an incomplete picture of a very complex issue.  If you have high blood pressure, kidney disease, high glucose intolerance, etc. then probably a measure of C reactive protein (CRP) is more likely a better indicator of future artery and cardiac problems.  This chronic arterial inflammatory condition is the most likely cause of plaque buildup in the artery walls.  These are what cause complete stenosis and if the plaque breaks loose and lodges in the lung, brain, heart,....well you can see the problem. No simple, single answer, to a very complex problem inside an organism which is poorly understood, even in the 21st century.

Guy 13

« Reply #323 on: 15 Jun 2016, 06:38 am »
If you isolate a study  to only one aspect of cholesterol the result will show an incomplete picture of a very complex issue.  If you have high blood pressure, kidney disease, high glucose intolerance, etc. then probably a measure of C reactive protein (CRP) is more likely a better indicator of future artery and cardiac problems.  This chronic arterial inflammatory condition is the most likely cause of plaque buildup in the artery walls.  These are what cause complete stenosis and if the plaque breaks loose and lodges in the lung, brain, heart,....well you can see the problem. No simple, single answer, to a very complex problem inside an organism which is poorly understood, even in the 21st century.

:thumb:

Guy 13

« Reply #324 on: 15 Jun 2016, 06:54 am »
7 Things to Never Buy at the Grocery Store.

It’s no secret that grocery stores make money by marking up the items they sell—
but the amount of mark-up varies a ton from product to product. “Items that are highly perishable,
and so might get thrown away before they’re bought, tend to get a higher mark-up,” says Andrea Woroch,
a consumer savings expert.

Coupons are one way to combat high prices, if you're careful
(check out the free app Coupon Sherpa for an easy way to digitally clip and organize coupons).
But for some items, a coupon probably won’t cut it.
Woroch recommends shoppers skip these items entirely at the grocery store.

1. NAME-BRAND CEREAL

“The price of cereal has been rising for years,” says Woroch,
and if you stick to your name-brand cereal you’ll feel the pinch in your wallet even more.
That’s because all of the advertising and marketing costs that go into convincing consumers
that one brand tastes better than another get passed along to shoppers.

If you compare the ingredient list of generic and name-brand versions of the same cereal,
you’ll probably find the same ingredients—in the exact same order. Make the switch to the cheaper box,
and you can save 50 percent or more, according to Woroch.
“And most stores offer a money-back guarantee on their own brands,
so if you do taste a difference you can get a refund,” she says.

2. SPICES

Mark-up on grocery-store spices is nearly 100 percent, and they rarely go on sale, says Woroch.
Instead of getting gouged on cinnamon and cloves, buy them at the drugstore or natural foods store,
where they tend to be cheaper. A jar of bay leaves, for instance, might cost north of $3.50
at the grocery store but less than 50 cents for the same amount from the bulk bin at a natural foods store.
“If you don’t mind putting them in your own container, you can save big!”

3. PREPACKAGED PRODUCE

You probably already know that all of those packages of cubed squash, diced mushrooms,
and sliced watermelon cost more than buying the whole produce.
But did you know that the mark-up is typically 40 percent or more?
"For a task that takes less than five minutes, you’re paying a big difference,” says Woroch.

4. PREPPED MEATS

Like prepackaged produce, the convenience of buying pre-formed hamburger patties
or assembled steak kebabs is going to cost you—anywhere from 60 to 300 percent(!)
more than buying the meat in its whole form.
But there’s a (cheaper) middle ground between buying a giant hunk of meat and the pricey prepped version:
Ask your butcher to grind or cube a cut for you, to make your work at home faster.

5. BATTERIES 

These are a classic impulse buy, which is why they often line the check-out lanes at supermarkets,
where you’re less likely to take the time and comparison shop. But you can save 50 percent
or more by buying them at a big-box store, like Target or Walmart, or stocking up at a warehouse store, like Costco.
Batteries don’t have a shelf life, so buying in bulk shouldn’t give you pause.

6. SMALL SNACKS

Single-serve portions of chips and pretzels typically run 30 percent more per ounce than a big bag of the same product,
according to Woroch. If you like the grab-and-go convenience of the smaller sizes,
she suggests buying the bigger bag and then doling it into small bags as soon as you’re home,
so your pantry is stocked with DIY snack-size containers.

7. PERSONAL CARE PRODUCTS

Drugstores typically offer better deals—and more frequent sales—than grocery stores,
when it comes to personal care products, says Woroch.
That means tossing deodorant or shampoo into your grocery cart could cost you an unnecessary 30 percent more.

« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2016, 11:09 am by Guy 13 »

Guy 13

OzarkTom

« Reply #326 on: 16 Jun 2016, 03:28 pm »
Meet the Roman Oncologist Who Claims a 90% Success Using Baking Soda Treatments for Cancer

http://althealthworks.com/7018/dr-simoncini-is-successfully-treating-cancer-with-baking-sodayelena/

Guy 13

« Reply #328 on: 19 Jun 2016, 08:56 am »
Cereal Dust !  :scratch:

THE DILEMMA Ever notice when you open a box of granola that the nuts
and raisins are on top while smaller riffraff lingers at the bottom,
making it all but impossible to eat a well-rounded bowl of cereal?
 This phenomenon is known as the “Muesli Effect,”
and it describes the tendency of different size particles to separate,
with the largest paradoxically ending up on top and the smallest down below.
It also occurs in bags of mixed nuts, which explains why Brazil nuts are always on top
(thus the alternate nickname, the “Brazil Nut Effect”), and in gardens,
which is why no matter how many rocks you remove from the soil, there are always more next spring,
rising up from the Earth’s depths.

It’s the bane of manufacturers, who (like you) prefer their mixtures to stay mixed, and since the 1930s,
leagues of cereal physicists have struggled to solve this puzzle. It defies logic:
Shouldn’t the bigger, heavier particles sink and the lighter, littler particles rise to the surface?
Some blame a process called “granular convection,” whereby larger particles float on top of the smaller granules,
which act like a liquid. Others point to percolation, in which the small grains trickle downward,
or “fluid drag,” which impacts how much particles move when they’re jostled.

THE SCIENCE SOLUTION While the Muesli Effect is still largely a mystery,
inroads have been made toward some solutions. In 1996, engineers led by Kurt Liffman
at the Advanced Fluid Dynamics Laboratory in Australia announced research showing
that the way containers are shaken during packaging could make a difference.
“By shaking a pile of particles ‘vertically,’ i.e. in the direction parallel to gravity, we obtain the ‘Muesli Effect,’
where the large particles, initially, rise to the top,” they said at a conference.
“Conversely, by shaking the box horizontally, we obtain the ‘reverse Muesli Effect,’ i.e.
where the large particles, initially, fall to the bottom.” Unsatisfied with the temporary cereal harmony,
engineers are still working on a new type of packaging that could keep the dust where it belongs.

THE QUICK FIX So what does this mean for average breakfasters craving both raisins
and crunchy oats in their morning cereal? If you open a box and see mostly large particles,
hold the box upright and shake it side to side to make them sink. Seems counterintuitive,
but it’s far more effective than turning the box upside down. Science proves it!

srb

« Reply #329 on: 19 Jun 2016, 01:32 pm »
You're really grasping for content.

OzarkTom

« Reply #330 on: 19 Jun 2016, 02:17 pm »
Stop Eating Grains, Sugar and Starches to Reverse Type 2 Diabetes in 3 Months!

http://www.dietdoctor.com/stop-eating-grains-sugar-starches-cure-diabetes-3-months

Guy 13

« Reply #331 on: 19 Jun 2016, 02:19 pm »

srb I am sorry about my weak English knowledge,
but I am trying my best to see - understand (Via Google translate)
what you mean by:
May I ask that you re-phrase that.
I really want to know what you're saying so that I can improve.

Guy 13

Guy 13

« Reply #332 on: 19 Jun 2016, 02:24 pm »
Stop Eating Grains, Sugar and Starches to Reverse Type 2 Diabetes in 3 Months!

http://www.dietdoctor.com/stop-eating-grains-sugar-starches-cure-diabetes-3-months

Thanks Tom,
I had a look at your link.
That's not really for me, since my blood sugar is normal. 6.3%
of course a little below 6% would be a little better.

Guy 13

Guy 13

« Reply #334 on: 20 Jun 2016, 02:43 pm »
Your brain when fasting ....

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2015/12/11/neuroscientist-shows-what-fasting-does-to-your-brain-why-big-pharma-wont-study-it/

Thanks Pneumonic,
interesting link.
I might try fasting to see if it will bring any benefits to me.

Guy 13

OzarkTom

« Reply #335 on: 20 Jun 2016, 03:07 pm »
Your brain when fasting ....

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2015/12/11/neuroscientist-shows-what-fasting-does-to-your-brain-why-big-pharma-wont-study-it/

I have read that a 3-day fast will reboot your immune system. 7-day fast will result in a lot of weight loss.

Guy 13

« Reply #336 on: 21 Jun 2016, 03:11 am »
I have read that a 3-day fast will reboot your immune system. 7-day fast will result in a lot of weight loss.

Tom !
Fasting, does it mean not eating at all ?
Only water or tea ?
You are the expert in finding some good articles on the web,
soooo... Can you recommend one to know what to do
without harming my body or not dieing from hunger.

Guy 13

OzarkTom

« Reply #337 on: 21 Jun 2016, 03:52 pm »
Top 10 Fattest Countries In The World – 2016 List

No, US is not #1.

http://gazettereview.com/2016/06/top-10-fattest-countries-in-world/

werd

« Reply #338 on: 21 Jun 2016, 04:23 pm »
The best way to go fast as possible is by losing weight.  :P

Guy 13

« Reply #339 on: 21 Jun 2016, 11:37 pm »
The best way to go fast as possible is by losing weight.  :P

I am 5'5'' (1.65m) and 132 pounds  (60Kg).
Should I loose more weignt ? ? ?
My wife tell me that I now look like a walking skeleton !

Guy 13