Listening to VR-33's in NYC area

JimR

Listening to VR-33's in NYC area
« on: 22 Jul 2015, 03:15 pm »
I'd like to listen to a pair of VR-33 speakers in the NYC area. Understood that a home audition is available. Thinking it would be a good idea for me to listen to them to determine if they are in the range of what I'm looking for. (Before I ask the manufacturer to ship them all the way across the country.) From what I've read I think they may be more than I could hope for!

New member here so the PM feature may not be available to me for a bit. Feel free to ask me some audio questions so I can get a few posts in my history. Thanks!

BigSwede

Re: Listening to VR-33's in NYC area
« Reply #1 on: 24 Jul 2015, 05:43 pm »
You could listen to mine. I'm only halfway across the country in Minnesota, so that's 50% off right there!  :green:

sunnydaze

« Reply #2 on: 24 Jul 2015, 06:20 pm »

New member here so the PM feature may not be available to me for a bit. Feel free to ask me some audio questions so I can get a few posts in my history. Thanks!

Just go make some posts on any threads on this board.  Build up your count.     :thumb:

JimR

« Reply #3 on: 24 Jul 2015, 07:04 pm »
I'll have to think of some things to post about...

On the other hand Minnesota isn't that far!

sunnydaze

« Reply #4 on: 24 Jul 2015, 07:14 pm »
Easy.  Post anything.  It doesn't matter, so long as it's within the rules.  Be creative.

For example:  goto a gear discussion thread, ask some questions.

Or goto some FS ads...post something nice about the gear....and wish the seller good luck w/ the sale.

Feel free to start with mine!        :lol:

JimR

« Reply #5 on: 26 Jul 2015, 12:58 am »
I'm listening around for a new pair of speakers. For me hifi equipment is like a comfortable pair of slippers or an old sweater. You know the things are worn and out of date but you're so comfortable with them that you don't want to change. I was going to replace my 15 year old speakers first, but instead decided to replace my 20 year old amplifiers instead. I'm glad I did it in that order, since getting the new amp was like getting new speakers. There's a lot more control, the base is tighter and the dynamic range is over the top. (I think when folks say they can't hear the difference in amplifiers that they must be missing something.) I have to be careful so that I don't blow the old speakers, they can take power, but not as much as the new amp can dish up. I've yet to take the volume control much past 10 o'clock, well, maybe 10:15...

I haven't been shopping for hifi for 15 years. A lot has changed. It's not what it used to be, but there's still a lot of great new gear out there. I started this hobby 40 years ago when I was 17. I'm just now putting together system number 4. So the average age of my systems is about 13+ years. I'm using a 20 year old CD player as a transport, and only just recently stopped using its dac.  Yes, comfy old slippers...

BigSwede

« Reply #6 on: 27 Jul 2015, 05:19 pm »
I had my first pair of decent speakers (Polk Monitor 10Bs) for about 20 years. Then I bought VSA VR-2s. Now VR-33s. But unless I win the lottery I will have the 33s for many years to come.

Delacroix

« Reply #7 on: 13 Aug 2015, 11:38 am »
JimR -welcome to the VSA circle. A good way to get started here is to tell us a little more about your system, what you like, etc. And just get involved across the whole AC (you are not locked into one circle only). Good to have you on board.

Patrick

mdconnelly

« Reply #8 on: 13 Aug 2015, 06:29 pm »
I've got a pair of the VR-35s and thoroughly enjoy them.    Extremely room friendly and thus spouse friendly.   They also happen to sound great and respond well to whatever you throw at them.   I'd say they learn far more toward musical side of things than the highly detailed/analytical side and very easy to just relax and enjoy.  Sonically, I'm certain they are very, very similar to the VR-33s (and certainly, appearance wise, they are identical).

I'm in North Carolina - closer than Minnesota - if ya wanna come listen  :thumb:

Bache audio

« Reply #9 on: 5 Sep 2015, 07:52 pm »
 I am in NYC

Delacroix

« Reply #10 on: 8 Sep 2015, 11:34 am »
I am in NYC

And you have VSA speakers for the poster to hear?

Bache audio

« Reply #11 on: 10 Sep 2015, 02:33 pm »
My  friend Dima  bought VR-33 , he leaves in Brooklyn, but i am asked him he send it back  before 30 day expire Sorry

JackD201

« Reply #12 on: 10 Sep 2015, 07:32 pm »
We got a live one folks.

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #13 on: 10 Sep 2015, 10:31 pm »
My  friend Dima  bought VR-33 , he leaves in Brooklyn, but i am asked him he send it back  before 30 day expire Sorry

..let me get this straight.  You asked your buddy Dima to send his VR33s back?  What else did you ask him to do?

Come to think of it I believe I've met your friend Dima.  Isn't his last name Dozen?

Mountainjoe

• President & CEO Eigen Audio Dealer
    • Eigen Audio
« Reply #14 on: 11 Sep 2015, 12:56 am »
Come to think of it I believe I've met your friend Dima.  Isn't his last name Dozen?

Almost fell out of my chair when I read this!  :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Bache audio

« Reply #15 on: 11 Sep 2015, 02:23 pm »
Yes one is live, Last name is not  you mention , he is real person , i hope he kept , but he send him back , so guy on the chair ,be careful especially if you medical don t cover Greg

SundayNiagara

« Reply #16 on: 11 Sep 2015, 05:46 pm »
Yes one is live, Last name is not  you mention , he is real person , i hope he kept , but he send him back , so guy on the chair ,be careful especially if you medical don t cover Greg

Huh?

sunnydaze

« Reply #17 on: 12 Sep 2015, 03:32 pm »
It is clear that English is not Bache's first language.

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #18 on: 12 Sep 2015, 07:05 pm »
..pig Latin

ASMAN

« Reply #19 on: 15 Sep 2015, 02:31 pm »
I find it discouraging that some find it necessary to disparage someone for their English skills.
I think we all could be more receptive of all our members.
There is entirely too much of this type of thing on the internet already. I think we should be above this type of behavior.

Marlin