New Subaru!!

stlrman

New Subaru!!
« on: 29 Dec 2014, 05:07 pm »
We judged leased a 2015 Forester! :thumb:
I love the way it drives!! Replacing a 2011 Impreza which was fun ,but took the potholes real hard.it was like driving a go-cart . This is a much heavier ride. We needed more room to store my wife's Trike and still have room for my daughter in the back seat. So far we are loving it!! Blue Tooth is sweet, listening to Spotify from my phone. .getting a remote starter "thrown in" , loving the back up camera.
  Nit picks... No heat vents in the back. The cloth seats a very light grey, worried about dirt.
Anybody have a Forester??

geowak

Re: New Subaru!!
« Reply #1 on: 29 Dec 2014, 05:14 pm »
Yes I do. 2012 Forester. Best all wheel drive SUV you can get. Also my Boxer engine sits low and flat for great even low weight and traction. Take it back in the hills of WV. I don't get stuck in mud or snow...

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #2 on: 29 Dec 2014, 05:24 pm »
FWIW, I had an older Forester that I traded for some work and it had rear vents although you'd never know by a casual look. They were ducted to discharge to the rear from under front seat. Many cars are this way. Turn the fan on high and stick your hand under there...

I know this for certain because I replaced carpet. You'd be surprised what's routed under there!

stlrman

« Reply #3 on: 29 Dec 2014, 07:01 pm »
Thanks gentleman! I'll look for those heat vents.
This handles way better , way more nimble than my Lexus RX300 suv 2003 year

It seems a no brainer for all cars to have a back up camera in the near future . I think it would save many lives. Not to mention all the prevented car damage.

dflee

« Reply #4 on: 30 Dec 2014, 02:26 am »
If you really want to pep it up (17horse) put a K&N air filter in it. It has improved my gas mileage
(as long as you don't jump on it). Checked with Subaru and they told me it is a better filter than
stock and does not affect warranty. he also told me that is what they use in all their race vehicles.

sfox7076

« Reply #5 on: 30 Dec 2014, 02:33 am »
My new Outback comes in a few weeks.

srb

« Reply #6 on: 30 Dec 2014, 02:59 am »
If you really want to pep it up (17horse) put a K&N air filter in it.

Although I use a K&N filter, I don't believe a 17HP increase, at least not with a stock air intake and exhaust system.

Steve

sebrof

« Reply #7 on: 30 Dec 2014, 02:01 pm »
I have a 2012 Outback and my wife just bought a 2015 Legacy. These are our first Subarus, great cars and seem to give more for the money than some other brands. My brother has a new Kia Sorrento (he probably got more of what he wants for his money) and it drives nice on a flat highway, but handling vs. my outback there is no comparison. His corners like a SUV or minivan, mine corners like a nice handling sedan.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: 30 Dec 2014, 02:27 pm »
If you really want to pep it up (17horse) put a K&N air filter in it. It has improved my gas mileage
(as long as you don't jump on it). Checked with Subaru and they told me it is a better filter than
stock and does not affect warranty. he also told me that is what they use in all their race vehicles.

You don't gain that much from an air filter. Sorry.

srb

« Reply #9 on: 30 Dec 2014, 02:32 pm »

You don't gain that much from an air filter. Sorry.

K&N filters are not really about increasing power, they're about maintaining very close to original airflow much longer than dry paper filters as they get dirty.

Steve

jriggy

« Reply #10 on: 30 Dec 2014, 03:23 pm »
Have had a 2014 Outback Limited for a year now. Our first one. Like it a lot but wish we had been able to wait for the 2015. The extra sound foam in the body panels and more of a rake to windshield really cuts down on noise inside. The 2014 is ok in that department in the drivers seat but the passenger side is a notch or two noisier...

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #11 on: 30 Dec 2014, 03:36 pm »
They've certainly progressed a bit since the 360...

Don_S

« Reply #12 on: 30 Dec 2014, 04:10 pm »
Ah,  The 360 is so cute it could be in a Disney movie.  :kiss:

I had a '73 navy blue coupe I called "Speed Buggy".

I think the latest Subaru Forrester and Outback designs are very stylin'.  :thumb:

azshawn

« Reply #13 on: 30 Dec 2014, 04:14 pm »
I am currently having a hard time NOT buying a new Forester. The car just makes so much sense. Fits bikes, dogs. Great for forest roads. ect. Damn you for putting this thought back in my head. I am trying to blow money on audio gear. Not cars!!

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #14 on: 30 Dec 2014, 04:23 pm »
K&N filters are not really about increasing power, they're about maintaining very close to original airflow much longer than dry paper filters as they get dirty.

Steve

They always claim a horsepower increase though. When they do it's usually not for just the filter, they make total replacements for many vehicles. From what I've seen their claims are accurate.

--------------------

I have a '14 WRX, it's my 3rd Subie and 2nd WRX. The dealer is ok with a performance intake, exhaust and Cobb stage 2 tuning while keeping the warranty. I'd like to get an E85 conversion done sometime too. Subie's are good cars and the cost of ownership has been ultra-low because of the insanely high resale values. Most Subies don't make sense to buy used because of this.

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
« Reply #15 on: 30 Dec 2014, 04:25 pm »
You realize, it's only proper, to include a picture of the Car/SUV... :thumb:

Don_S

« Reply #16 on: 30 Dec 2014, 04:27 pm »
You realize, it's only proper, to include a picture of the Car/SUV... :thumb:

Otherwise it doesn't exist.  :lol:

sfox7076

« Reply #17 on: 30 Dec 2014, 05:22 pm »
I am trying to decide whether to buy or lease.  Imputed interest rate on the lease is .7%.  Buy is 1.9%.  Cheaper to write a check at the end of the three year lease.   

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #18 on: 30 Dec 2014, 06:12 pm »
I am trying to decide whether to buy or lease.  Imputed interest rate on the lease is .7%.  Buy is 1.9%.  Cheaper to write a check at the end of the three year lease.   

We buy (older) cars outright, so consider my bias.  Leasing rarely pencils out into an advantage in total $$ spent. It's biggest attraction is a lower monthly payment. It can make more sense if car is somehow connected with a business. Daughter and son-in-law just bought car at end of lease, and told me "never again".

Lots of guidance online, here's one; http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/2012/12/buying-vs-leasing-basics/index.htm

stlrman

« Reply #19 on: 30 Dec 2014, 06:16 pm »
Here she is...

I love the color!