ken_diyzone.net

• http://www.DigitalAnalogueDIY.com
New! Complete CD-PRO2M Kit!
« on: 9 Sep 2004, 03:10 am »
CD-PRO2M Schematic
http://www.myclie.info/images/CD0908SCH.pdf

CD-PRO2M pictures
http://www.audio-wiki.com/gallery/

The price is $699 US, the delivery date is mid Oct.

Please contact me at ken@diyzone.net for more information.

Thanks

Ken Shih
Director of Marketing
Audio Logic
27 Upland Rd
Great Neck, NY 11020
516-729-3752

Marbles

« Reply #1 on: 9 Sep 2004, 03:20 am »
Ken,

Why is your transport "all that"?

Please tell me why I would want it more than another transport.

You should make your case so I and others will have some interest.

Thanks

JoshK

« Reply #2 on: 9 Sep 2004, 04:30 pm »
Fantastic!  Finally someone came to market with a kit using the CDM-Pro2!!

chillysalsa

« Reply #3 on: 10 Sep 2004, 04:01 pm »
The schematics only show the control & power circuitry?

Is there a DAC and analogue output section included (it looks like there are analog outs on the chasis).

Or is it only a transport?

ken_diyzone.net

« Reply #4 on: 21 Sep 2004, 05:59 pm »
Marbles,

Thank you for your post, I have to apologize for not responding sooner, this trip to Asia is a killer, must be getting old.  As a DIY hobbyist, we are always looking for projects that utilize the best parts, interesting design, and a fair price.  We are willing to put up with soldering, minor configuration changes, and some quirkiness in operations (slight quirkiness! That is..)  And we are willing to put up with expose PCB boards, bare MDF boxes, etc., so we can say, ‘Yes, I made that’.

We at Diyzone.Net, have taken all that to heart, when we put this kit together, we said, the kit has to retain all the things that DIYers like, and improve the things what DIYers dislike.

This is how this project stated, we decided to make a complete kit, using some of the best parts available to us, put solid engineering around it, and make it look beautiful.

I have some new pictures of the finish product that I will add to the gallery.  But if you can’t wait, please use this link to see.

http://www.diyzone.net/article.php?sid=490

Again, the price is US$699, plus shipping and handling.  Available for shipping mid of Oct.

JoshK,

Thank you.  I see you are in NY also.  Please let me know if you want to see/hear one of these babies.

Chillysalsa,

Thank you for your inquiry.  Yes, there is analogue output.  Sine the DAC is from the CD-PRO2M module itself, we didn’t have the schematics.  Just to make this interesting, we are planning to offer a separate DAC unit, and a De-Jitter unit that complement this player unit.

Thanks
Ken

Marbles

« Reply #5 on: 21 Sep 2004, 06:02 pm »
Ken, Thank you for that explanation.

Josh, if you can listen, I would love to hear your feedback on this unit.

Ken, does Audio Logic have a website?

ken_diyzone.net

« Reply #6 on: 21 Sep 2004, 07:41 pm »
Marbles,

We are working on an English Website.  It will probably not be as feature rich as the one Diyzone.net has in Chinese.  Right now we are looking to just introduce some of our products and have installation manuals ready for download.

Thanks
Ken

viggen

« Reply #7 on: 22 Sep 2004, 07:57 am »
Are my eyes fooling me or is that a Burmester on that website?

Would there be finished kits offered to non-diyers like myself?

Also, will there be family discounts?  My mom's maiden name is Shih, so maybe I am a long lost cousin or something.

Josh, wuts the deal about this CDrom?

On a side note, does anyone know how I can get my Mozilla Firefox to read Chinese?

bambadoo

« Reply #8 on: 22 Sep 2004, 10:34 am »
Do you ship overseas?

JoshK

« Reply #9 on: 22 Sep 2004, 01:21 pm »
viggen,

I don't know yet.  I emailed Ken but haven't gotten a response yet.  Hopefully I'll get  a chance to hear it.  I plan to build one.  I've wanted to make a top loading transport ever since I saw the Phillip Pro site.  This is way cooler than anything I could do and the price is right.

ken_diyzone.net

« Reply #10 on: 22 Sep 2004, 01:35 pm »
Viggen,

Yes, it is a Burmester.  We really like their clean lines and that robotic-mechanical look.

Right now I can only offer it as a kit.  Completed kits for sale might be a while down the line.

Family discount: yes, anyone whose mother’s maiden name, or your own last name, is Shih, gets a $25 family discount. :-)

Bambadoo,

I will be sending this kits out of NY.

JoshK,

Sorry, have not been able to check emails regularly while traveling.  I don’t have a sample in NY yet, I’ll definitely let you know once I get it in.  I am looking at 10/1 for the sample delivery.

Thanks
Ken

JoshK

« Reply #11 on: 22 Sep 2004, 02:15 pm »
No problem, Ken, I understand how that goes.   I have a friend who wants me to build him one too, so you probably have two orders here.

viggen

« Reply #12 on: 22 Sep 2004, 06:27 pm »
I gave up on my Mozilla and used IE to get on diyzone.net and to be able to read wuts on there.

I am glad to say that the price offered to us here is about the same as what is offered to our Asian bretherens at about 19000NT in Taiwan which is equivalent to about $650 at 32nt/1$ ratio.  None of that change of market inflation going on.

I find it sort of comical that a bunch of people who bought the kit in Asia are pissed off because the interior of the cd compartment is open leaving the innards bare to see when changing a cd.  They are afraid of "losing face" when their friends and family laughing their heads off at such an "incomplete" purchase.  Asia certainly is not a "DIY" market.

It wouldn't be as comical, though, if these people were expecting the cd compartment to be closed at time of purchase.  The pictures obviously show a bare compartment.  

I for one would like the compartment to be closed because I don't want the innards to be full of dust bunnies down the road so would like this to be an option.

Red Dragon Audio

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.reddragonaudio.com
« Reply #13 on: 30 Sep 2004, 04:31 am »
Ken,

REGARDING DE-JITTER DEVICE:
Would this be incorporated into the chassis of the player?

TRANSPORT ONLY OPTION
Would there be a discount if I didn't need the analog output board?

Do you have any pictures of the Display in ACtion?  I am hoping the display has very large numbers/letters and is a nice red.  That's just me.

Thanks!
 :D

WerTicus

« Reply #14 on: 30 Sep 2004, 03:28 pm »
does it play dvda and sacd? :)

JoshK

« Reply #15 on: 30 Sep 2004, 03:33 pm »
Quote from: WerTicus
does it play dvda and sacd? :)

nope, its a CD drive, but arguably the best one made.

Marbles

« Reply #16 on: 30 Sep 2004, 03:44 pm »
As viggin mentioned....

What are the chances of getting a "sheild" to close the transport from the rest of the chasis?  It would look like a more finished product and not a kit, and it would prevent dust etc.. from getting in.

WerTicus

« Reply #17 on: 30 Sep 2004, 05:00 pm »
the lid is open for 5 seconds to change a disk... your not getting a lot of dust and most of that will just go to the bottom of the chasis and not the components since they are to the sides...

i dont think you need to worry... but just cut some copper sheeting and stick her in there yourself!

this is DIY after all! :)

WerTicus

« Reply #18 on: 30 Sep 2004, 05:04 pm »
sounds coolies though in all honesty a well recorded cd sounds as good as sacd if the player is REALLLLLLY good

the only realllllly good player i have heard was the 18k Bel Canto player.

ken_diyzone.net

« Reply #19 on: 30 Sep 2004, 08:13 pm »
Heavystarch,

1.  REGARDING DE-JITTER DEVICE -- The De-Jitter will be in another chassis.
2.  TRANSPORT ONLY OPTION -- Sorry, we are selling this as a complete kit.

Marbles,

Yes, there will be a "cover" for the transport compartment.  Not only to keep the dust out, but whatever else that might fall in, like coins, screws, etc.  And if you have little kids, corn flakes and cheerios!

BTW, the internal DAC decode HDCDs also, so if you happen to have the three CDs that was coded in HDCD, you are in luck.

Thanks
Ken