New! Complete CD-PRO2M Kit!

ken_diyzone.net

• http://www.DigitalAnalogueDIY.com
« Reply #20 on: 30 Sep 2004, 08:38 pm »
Sorry, meant to say in the previous post:  the external DAC that we are planning has HDCD decoding ability.

Thanks
Ken

Marbles

« Reply #21 on: 6 Oct 2004, 03:44 pm »
Josh, any word on getting a finished transport to hear?

JoshK

« Reply #22 on: 6 Oct 2004, 04:51 pm »
No, I haven't heard anything yet, but Ken did mention middle of October for finished product IIRC.

Marbles

« Reply #23 on: 6 Oct 2004, 04:55 pm »
Quote from: ken_diyzone.net
Viggen,

Yes, it is a Burmester.  We really like their clean lines and that robotic-mechanical look.

Right now I can only offer it as a kit.  Completed kits for sale might be a while down the line.

Family discount: yes, anyone whose mother’s maiden name, or your own last name, is Shih, gets a $25 family discount. :-)

Bambadoo,

I will be sending this kits out of NY.

JoshK,

Sorry, have not been able to check emails regularly while traveling.  I don’t have a sample in NY yet, I’ll definitely let you know once I get it in. I am looking at 10/1 for the sample delivery.

Thanks
Ken

Thanks,

I saw this quote, must have missed the mid October one.

EDIT:  I just reread this quote from Ken's second post:

"Again, the price is US$699, plus shipping and handling. Available for shipping mid of Oct."

JoshK

« Reply #24 on: 19 Oct 2004, 04:04 pm »
Hi Ken,

Any update on the kit release or demo unit availability in the NYC area?

ken_diyzone.net

« Reply #25 on: 19 Oct 2004, 08:30 pm »
Hi JoshK,

Thank you for the inquiry.

And yes, we are going through some unexpected delays in getting all the parts for the kits.  The production manager in Taiwan promised me that my shipment of the CD-PRO2M would be DHL by next week (the week of 10/25).  I will let you know at once when they come in.

Again, thank you for your interest.

Regards,
Ken

BTW, here is a tread in a forum that shows a completed chassis.

http://www.diyzone.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Forum&file=viewtopic&topic=64625&forum=3

JoshK

« Reply #26 on: 19 Oct 2004, 09:00 pm »
very chi chi

I am not in a hurry was just wondering.  You mentioned before about maybe having a demo unit for the NYC area, if it is possible it would be great to have you come over with it sometime during one of our NY Audio Rage GTGs so that we can hear it in action.

Josh

ottodiesel

Impressiv stuff...
« Reply #27 on: 20 Oct 2004, 03:22 pm »
Hi.
Just thought that I'd comment on this exiting CD-project:
WANT ONE, WANT ONE, WANT ONE!!!
I'll probably join one of my HIFI buddies in ordering this set from you when it becomes available.
Will there be discount when ordering more projects together? (I.e. The CDpro2-set, the jitterbox and the DAC...)
Keep up the good work, Greetings from Norway!!!
 :P

bambadoo

« Reply #28 on: 1 Nov 2004, 07:23 pm »
So how is the project going?
There are several people here that are more than interested.  :wink:
Hope to hear from you soon Ken.

Best Regards

bambadoo

« Reply #29 on: 22 Nov 2004, 11:17 pm »
Looks like this diy transport project is dead. Anyone else that has heard anything from Ken?

Best Regards

JoshK

« Reply #30 on: 23 Nov 2004, 12:55 am »
Last I heard there were some major delays in the production of the kits, probably because the manufacturer of the kit doesn't have this as highest priority and the industrial sector is still quite busy and rampid these days.  That said there has been no word from Ken giving follow up or an update on what is going on.  So I would suggest to chill and assume it is dead until we hear if kits are shipping.  Even then I personally would proceed with a little caution.

Gordy

« Reply #31 on: 23 Nov 2004, 01:51 am »
It sure looked like a sweet option!  Unfortunately, I never even received a response to my pm (or was it e-mail?)...

ken_diyzone.net

The kits are ready to ship!!
« Reply #32 on: 13 Dec 2004, 03:32 pm »
All,

Not vaporware from distant land anymore!  I have a working model ready for demo in NY.  What a project, it was an effort to get all the logistics work out to get these machines ready to ship, but the good news is, it is ready.

Thank you for your patients with the CD-PRO2 kit, as this is the first project that we are offering in US and Europe.  I am certain that future projects will go more smoothly.

Joshk, I agree, as a fellow New Yorker, proceed with caution is the only way to go.  I would like an opportunity to demo the machine to you, please let me know your availability and location, I’ll bring the machine over and you can have a listen in your system for a couple of days.  Anyone else in the NYC area that want to sample the machine in his system, please let me know, and we’ll work an arrangement.

We are ready to:

East Coast US: I have a shipment of the kits this week, and I’ll send them out via Fed Ex, double boxed.  Once you place an order, I’ll ship within two days, and will provide a tracking number for you.  The price is still $699 (even after the dollars devaluation!), plus shipping, handling and insurance charges.  NY resident will need to add 8.5% sales tax.   Please email me at ken@diyzone.net and ken_m_shih@hotmail.com (sorry for the double emails address, can’t seem to remote send from the diyzone address) to get a shipping quote

For West Coast and Europe:  I’ll drop ship the kit from Taiwan, via DHL.  Again, will ship two days after receive payment, double boxed.  The price is also $699.  Please email me at ken@diyzone.net and ken_m_shih@hotmail.com to get an exact shipping quote.  For ballpark figure, shipping this kit from Taiwan to Norway is around $110 US.

There will be an English version of the installation manual in a day or two, I’ll post the location once it is done.

Please email me at the above email addresses, or give me a call at 516-729-3752, if you have any questions.  Please note since I still have a day job, by email is probably the easiest way to communicate.

Regards,
Ken

JoshK

« Reply #33 on: 13 Dec 2004, 03:48 pm »
Thanks Ken for the update.  Yes I am very interested in the unit for demoing.  I'd love to gather some of the guys from our club to have a listen.  PM me or email me (pm for address) and we'll work out logistics.

Thanks,
Josh

Daniel

« Reply #34 on: 13 Dec 2004, 10:56 pm »
I'm very eager to hear how it sounds compared to the EA-modified Sony S7700.  Its great that you hope to bring it to the Rave this weekend.  Maybe "Loanwolf" will loan us his fully tricked out EA Sony S7700 complete with clock.  Phil's doesn't have all the good stuff because he's running it into his Dodson DAC, which reclocks everything anyway.

JoshK

« Reply #35 on: 14 Dec 2004, 01:25 am »
Ken and I arranged for me to pick it up tomorrow.  Assuming it is ok with him I will bring it to the party this weekend.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #36 on: 14 Dec 2004, 04:59 am »
Quote from: Daniel
I'm very eager to hear how it sounds compared to the EA-modified Sony S7700.  Its great that you hope to bring it to the Rave this weekend.  Maybe "Loanwolf" will loan us his fully tricked out EA Sony S7700 complete with clock.  Phil's doesn't have all the good stuff because he's running it into his Dodson DAC, which reclocks everything anyway.
My 7700 is already there....I loaned it to Phil while his was in for the upgrade...... :lol:

Daniel

« Reply #37 on: 14 Dec 2004, 05:58 am »
Chris, man, you don't miss a beat! :drums:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #38 on: 14 Dec 2004, 06:00 am »
Quote from: Daniel
Chris, man, you don't miss a beat! :drums:
Try not to....but I play...... :guitar: ... :lol:

ken_diyzone.net

Just be gentle..
« Reply #39 on: 14 Dec 2004, 06:59 pm »
Sure.  Joshk can bring to the party.  But please be gentle, it is the only playing copy that I have right now.

This get together sound interesting, what kind of party is it?

Regards,
Ken