X-LS Encore Dilemma

Ron

X-LS Encore Dilemma
« on: 7 Apr 2014, 10:43 pm »
  I have a dilemma. Several months ago I received a order from this person to build a pair of fully upgraded X-LS Encores using Parts Express cabinets in a gloss piano black finish  When the speakers were finished, I notified the customer, but he decided to back out of the deal which left me with the speakers and no money paid in advance. I put an ad in the Audio Circle Trading Post several months ago but to date have not received a single inquiry even after lowering my price several times. http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=122994.0

These are newly built speakers which look and sound great. The price that I am selling them for is less than it would normally cost to build a new pair. If anyone is thinking about getting a pair of X-LS Encores you may want to look at my ad. If not, I am open to any suggestions that might be helpful.

Ron

Danny Richie

Re: X-LS Encore Dilemma
« Reply #1 on: 8 Apr 2014, 03:45 pm »
man, that is a really good deal. Someone better jump on those.

Ron

« Reply #2 on: 8 Apr 2014, 05:50 pm »
   Thanks Danny for your response to my post. The X-LS Encores are excellent sounding speakers especially with all the performance upgrades built into mine. Also, they look great too in the PE high gloss piano black cabinets  Really surprised so far by the lack of response to my ad considering how nice these speakers are and my low price offer. They are an excellent deal for anyone looking to buy a nice pair of performance upgraded speakers in a 2.0  or 2.1 home audio system.

Ron

Captainhemo

« Reply #3 on: 8 Apr 2014, 07:05 pm »
Hang in there Ron,  these are a  steal of a deal.  A guy can't even buy the  parts needed to build  these for the price you're asking.  Someone has got to snap them up .
You've also added the  bypass caps to the woofer circuits in this pair haven't yu ?

-jay

Ron

« Reply #4 on: 8 Apr 2014, 07:26 pm »
  Yes. Bypass caps were added to the woofer circuit.

Ron

Rocket

« Reply #5 on: 9 Apr 2014, 12:56 am »
Hi Ron,

On a regular basis I read a post where someone wants a recommendation for a speaker like this on this forum.  The price that you are selling them for is very cheap and I hope you sell this pair soon.  Sorry that the original purchaser backed out of the sale.

Regards Rod

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #6 on: 9 Apr 2014, 06:28 pm »
Ron,

I'm sorry for your situation. I don't wish to get your hopes up too much, but there is a possibility I will offer to buy your speakers. My situation is complicated by my very recent purchase of 2nd hand AV123 speakers (equivalent to X-LS); it is further complicated by my attendance of Axpona in a couple weeks where I will be exposed to a wide assortment of speakers. I will not make a decision until after I return from Axpona.

If I bought your speakers, I would suddenly be in the position of needing to sell my just purchased speakers. (Anyone want to buy a pair of speakers for under $200 plus shipping?) Try to imagine what my wife might think of all this.

I wish you the best of luck in finding a buyer.

-Michael

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
« Reply #7 on: 10 Apr 2014, 12:16 am »
Ron,

I'm sorry for your situation. I don't wish to get your hopes up too much, but there is a possibility I will offer to buy your speakers. My situation is complicated by my very recent purchase of 2nd hand AV123 speakers (equivalent to X-LS); it is further complicated by my attendance of Axpona in a couple weeks where I will be exposed to a wide assortment of speakers. I will not make a decision until after I return from Axpona.

If I bought your speakers, I would suddenly be in the position of needing to sell my just purchased speakers. (Anyone want to buy a pair of speakers for under $200 plus shipping?) Try to imagine what my wife might think of all this.

I wish you the best of luck in finding a buyer.

-Michael

Do you have the classic X-LS?

Ron

« Reply #8 on: 10 Apr 2014, 12:40 am »
  No. I do not have the X-LS Classic.

corndog71

« Reply #9 on: 10 Apr 2014, 03:08 am »
Sorry for the confusion.  I was wondering what speaker Michael was referring to.

My situation is complicated by my very recent purchase of 2nd hand AV123 speakers (equivalent to X-LS)

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #10 on: 10 Apr 2014, 05:24 am »
Sorry for the confusion.  I was wondering what speaker Michael was referring to.

Hello, Corndog.

The speakers are AV123 ELT525M bookshelf speakers in a cherry veneer. I do not know if they are classic. They look almost new to me. I'm not necessarily offering them for sale as I don't know yet if I will offer to buy Ron's speakers. (Too many unknowns, I'm afraid.) I bought them for my wife.

Ron, Reread my original post and you will better understand what corndog's question was about.

sonicxtc

« Reply #11 on: 10 Apr 2014, 12:57 pm »
I recall a thread a few weeks ago praising the X-LS encores. In brief, I can attest to the FACT that these
are great speakers and Ron's build both looks excellent and appears to have high quality parts and tweaks.
FWIW, if I was seeking a pair of moderately priced bookshelf sized speakers, especially for $500 or less [probably even $1000],
the X-LS would be my suggestion based on having actually heard them. Solo, they are great with a wonderful clean and clear high end.
Paired with dual subs, I was somewhat knocked out by what I was hearing. I have zero vested interest in stating all this, just passing
on what few pearls of wisdom acquired on the journey. Sound great at low volumes and can play quite loud, too.

corndog71

« Reply #12 on: 10 Apr 2014, 03:31 pm »
Hello, Corndog.

The speakers are AV123 ELT525M bookshelf speakers in a cherry veneer. I do not know if they are classic. They look almost new to me. I'm not necessarily offering them for sale as I don't know yet if I will offer to buy Ron's speakers. (Too many unknowns, I'm afraid.) I bought them for my wife.

Ron, Reread my original post and you will better understand what corndog's question was about.

Ah, yes.  I remember the ELT525's.  I got to hear them shortly after they were released.  If I remember they were a little dark in treble and not very sensitive.  Beautiful finish on them.  Skiing Ninja doesn't have an upgrade crossover for them listed but I'm sure if you give them a call or message they might be able to work with you and breathe some new life into them. 

Of course the X-LS was a much better speaker and will easily outperform the 525's.

Ron

« Reply #13 on: 10 Apr 2014, 06:00 pm »
 Thanks for all the positive comments about the X-LS Encores. They are great sounding speakers and the price is a real bargain.      Ron