Survey - What Speaker Cable do you use with your Bryston amp

Allezvite

Everybody now.  What speaker cables are you using with your Bryston rig?

I enjoyed the recent post on interconnects and thought I would inquire about which choices Bryston owners have made for speaker cable.

I currently use Linn LK20 bi-wired from 3BSST to Linn Keillidh speakers.  It's okay.

I recently auditioned some Nordost Solar Wind bi-wired and it was very impressive.  The Nordost was smoother than the Linn, with better detail, less fatiguing and fuller, and punchier bass.  Vocals seemed to project into the room better.  

I've been thinking of trying the PS Audio Xstream cables next.

Edit > As of 1/20/05, this thread has the 2nd highest number of posts in the Bryston Circle.  Keep up the good work.  Any other speaker cable experiences??

Adz523

« Reply #1 on: 28 Jul 2004, 11:50 pm »
Wow its pretty slow in this forum.  Nobody even answered my e-mail on the DPLIIx.   Anyway, for my front three speakrs I have Bolder Cable's Nitro Speaker Cables and Nitro Bi-wire jumpers with Bybee.  Pretty dam good actually.  They have a circle on this Forum.  For the surrounds, I have pretty ordinary speaker wire.

Clemo

« Reply #2 on: 29 Jul 2004, 12:42 am »
Kimber Kable 8TC with Ultralink locking banana's in bi-wire configuration between 3B-ST and B&W CDM7SE's. It was the final upgrade (for now    :roll:    ) that I made to my system.  Big improvement over the original 16 awg Monster that was there before.

jethro

« Reply #3 on: 29 Jul 2004, 12:51 am »
10 gauge OFC stranded zip-type for LCR
12 gauge OFC Home Depot green for surrounds.

It's cheap but it works great.

I use Bryston bananas in a single-wired setup.

[ This is my third edit. Sorry.]

WEEZ

« Reply #4 on: 29 Jul 2004, 01:36 am »
I do not own a Bryston- (maybe in the future :| ) but cable with low inductance and relatively high capacitance have been recommended to me by several people.

I was concerned about high capacitance in speaker cable, so I e-mailed Bryston with the question-" What about using high capacitance cable with your amps?"- and the answer was (paraphrased) 'capacitance is of no consequence to the amplifier'.

Soooo...

maybe try Goertz(sp?) or SE-9 Cardas for that low resistance/inductance cable and let the music fly!

WEEZ

Roberto

Speaker Cables for Bryston Electronics
« Reply #5 on: 29 Jul 2004, 02:19 am »
Kimber 8TC is one of THE best speaker cables around.  Unlike many cables I've tried (sorry no names here) it doesn't muddy up the sound or add any character of its own.  When you spend thousands of dollars on front end electronics you certainly don't want to involve the cable manufacturers in the overall sound of your system, it's really none of their business in my opinion.  :D  The cable should simply be faithful to the electronics and/or speakers they're connecting unless you're trying to correct a deficiency in your gear.  7BSST monoblocks and PMC LB1 speakers (and Reference 3A speakers) connected with Kimber 8TC biwire, it's a match made in heaven.   I have a combo of Kimber Silver Streak and Bryston's own interconnects between electonics.  These cables let the gear perform as they were meant to; with utmost transparency and dynamics.

Fife

« Reply #6 on: 29 Jul 2004, 06:54 am »
Hi Allezvite,

I have tried/use the following with my 6B SST:

1) Tara Labs RSC Prime 1000
2) Audience Conductor
3) Kimber 4VS
4) Regular 12 Gauge

I like 1 & 2 equally well depending on my mood. The Tara Labs is more forward sounding while the Conductor is smooth with a slightly wider soundstage.
The Kimber was a little bright for my system and the 12 gauge didnt have as much detail and depth.

[/list]

rlcordeiro

Cables
« Reply #7 on: 29 Jul 2004, 01:38 pm »
I use JPS Labs superconductor Fx, and ,their power cords. The only non JPS Labs cords are the XLO balanced IC's.Bryston advises against using power conditioners. No noisefloor just blackness. I think I may experiment with other IC's just to see if it makes a difference.
Ranjit

gravy

• -Scott
« Reply #8 on: 29 Jul 2004, 04:40 pm »
Using some in-wall 4 conductor 14g wire and twisted the conductors into pairs.

AlexB

« Reply #9 on: 10 Aug 2004, 10:51 am »
Electrofluidics Monolith 20/20
   Alfa Core Goertz M2
   Analysis Plus Oval 9
   Townshend Isolda
   Cardas Cross/Golden Cross

Allezvite

Speaker Cables for Bryston
« Reply #10 on: 6 Oct 2004, 04:00 pm »
After trying the Nordost Solar Wind (my first post) and then the Blue Heaven on my 3BSST / Linn Keilidh combo (which sounded OK, but somehow "synthesized") I settled on the Van Den Hul Inspiration Hybrid bi-wired.  That cable just seemed to lock in and make everything settle down.

It isn't laid back by any means and acutally doesn't impart any frequency response characteristics of its own.  It just has an uncanny ability to give a sense of focus and ease at the same time.  Imaging (such as the placement of a vocalist in the mix) just seemed to be more "there" and solid.

It probably has something to do with synergy upstream in the system as well.  I'm using Van Den Hul Integration Hybrid from CD to Pre and from Pre to Power.  It's all working together very nicely.

I like Van Den Hul's overall approach.  It centers mainly on materials research and manufacturing processes.  It seems more engineering-oriented without a lot of the sales & marketing fluff of some other cable manufacturers.  A look at their website will reveal a distinct lack of typical marketing  flair and an emphasis on a lot of text-based information.   All killer and no filler.

jjsuperfly

« Reply #11 on: 9 Oct 2004, 08:12 pm »
Currently on my 2ch system (older model 3B) I'm using MIT T2 bi-wire (into Mirage M5's).  On my HT (9B-THX) I'm also using the T2 bi-wires on the fronts and conventional T2's on the rears.  I have a pair of MH-750 series 2 bi-wires that I will be using once I get the spades changed.

I haven't compared many cables however even my wife could tell the difference in going from multi-strand OFC heavy ga. wires to the MIT's.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #12 on: 14 Oct 2004, 05:50 pm »
Would you like to see a speaker cable manufactured by Bryston?

james

Fife12

« Reply #13 on: 14 Oct 2004, 06:04 pm »
Don't you already have a heavy 9 gauge wire available?
http://www.bryston.ca/speaker.html

Would it be based on that?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #14 on: 14 Oct 2004, 06:10 pm »
Same as the electronics - the most linear (neutral) cable available given the current state-of-art cable materials and the universe's laws of physics.

james

Rich Carlson

« Reply #15 on: 14 Oct 2004, 06:23 pm »
Sorry I'm coming late to this thread ...

I have Bryston 3B-SST, 3B-ST, and PowerPac 60 (in two different systems). I've used Kimber 4TC and 8TC, DH Labs T-14, original Monster, and some others borrowed from friends. I am now using Canare 4S11 ($1.05/foot) and am as happy or happier with it as with any of the others.
Rich

Allezvite

Bryston Speaker Cable !!
« Reply #16 on: 25 Oct 2004, 08:43 pm »
Quote from: James Tanner
Would you like to see a speaker cable manufactured by Bryston?

james

As for myself, if my amplifier manufacturer also made speaker cable available, I would always try it first.  Linn has been feasting at that trough for years.

If Bryston offered a reasonably-priced, high performance speaker cable I'm sure a lot of folks would want to take the time to try it out.  You would probably sell a lot of it to first-time Bryston customers.

You might have a commercial issue with dealers who are used to some pretty hefty gross margins on cable.  Dealers will push the product with the best margin (come on, sure they do, you can't blame them) not necessarily the best performance.

Hey guys, let's help James out with his market research here.

Fife12

« Reply #17 on: 26 Oct 2004, 06:44 pm »
If Bryston offered a reasonably-priced, high performance speaker cable I'm sure a lot of folks would want to take the time to try it out. You would probably sell a lot of it to first-time Bryston customers.

I agree. If you sell a cable that is reasonably priced, you may get a lot of buyers who want to match their entire system.

As Allezvite says, Linn currently does this and the matching of components and cables is pretty good.

BTW. BruceG from HTGuide has a nice system.
I hope he doesnt mind me posting it his picture here.

Bryston locking banana plugs and Bryston 9 gauge speaker cable

Hifi Nut

« Reply #18 on: 8 Nov 2004, 09:32 am »
Hi,

I do not own a Bryton amp, my previous speaker cables was 8TC and subsequently change it to JPS Superconductor (first generation) for my passlabs. In my system, 8TC is no comparison to JPS. Immediately, I can hear more detail and definitely more transparent and smoother. Since then have not been looking back.

Regards.

JarrettH

« Reply #19 on: 15 Nov 2004, 05:07 pm »
I use some Pro spkr cable from Evidence Audio: http://www.evidenceaudio.com/

I use the regular power cord on the B60 and an Evidence Audio power cord on my Arcam CD72T because I felt it more beneficial in this situation.