NEXT GAS MEETING

steve k

NEXT GAS MEETING
« on: 13 Jul 2004, 01:57 am »
NEXT GAS MEETING, LISTEN UP!

How does Saturday, July 31st sound for the next GAS meeting at my place? We can start around 3PM and go till the fat lady sings. We'll throw some brats and burgers on the barbie and this time, we'll shoot some pool. :rock:

I hope to see some of you dudes that didn't make it out the first time (you know who you are) :o : bmed, electricbear, jedi35, MatthewM, Mike D, bostercisco, Deadfish, pjchappy, Tom Grooms, I probably missed somebody. Oh, and the rest of you guys are welcome too of course! :dance:

Hopefully, Mark can bring his Apogees down for a spin. Also, I thought a phono preamp shootout might be fun. I'm anxious to throw the Seduction up against some competition, now that I've found the magic tubes. Scott, we can give that Jazz Club another run. Brad, I'd love to hear your EAR 834P. Anyone else? Bring some vinyl, we'll make it a vinyl night. :bounce:

Willie, you know you're creations are always welcome in my home. Deadfish, I guess you don't want to drag your Altecs over to hear them with one of Willie's works of art??? :lol:

Let me know and make sure you check out the pics of Mark Blackmore's rig. It's one sweet system!

steve k

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Re: NEXT GAS MEETING
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2004, 02:15 am »
Quote from: steve k
......and make sure you check out the pics of Mark Blackmore's rig. It's one sweet system!

steve k,
    Do these speakers really work...
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?action=gallery;area=browse;album=341   ....nice job !! :)

[/list:u]

steve k

NEXT GAS MEETING
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jul 2004, 03:05 am »
Yeah they do. Mark made those as a joke because he knows I build Bottlehead stuff. He bought 4 of Doc Bottlehead's aluminum cone drivers that Doc uses in his Straight 8's and threw them in 2 pieces of plywood. They didn't sound half bad--pretty good bass for no enclosure! First time I've heard infinite baffles too! :lol: The next version is the 300B's! :o
steve k

Blackmore

Next GAS get together
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jul 2004, 12:08 pm »
Steve:  The 31st sounds good to me and I'll have the Apogees ready.  Are you sure you don't want my 2A3 'planar-cone' speakers instead? :lol:

steve k

NEXT GAS MEETING
« Reply #4 on: 13 Jul 2004, 01:19 pm »
Only if you have the meshplate "grilles" on them now! :roll:  :lol:
steve

bmed

NEXT GAS MEETING
« Reply #5 on: 13 Jul 2004, 01:49 pm »
Hey Steve,  I'd love to try and make it.  I'll have to see how my schedule works out.   I really want to hear your Maggies.  I need a music rejuvenation; I've been in a listening lull this summer.  I'll definitely bring the EAR with some tubes for rollin'.

cheers,

Brad

steve k

NEXT GAS MEETING
« Reply #6 on: 13 Jul 2004, 01:51 pm »
Fantastic Brad,
We haven't seen you in awhile. Hope you can make it.
steve

vpolineni

NEXT GAS MEETING
« Reply #7 on: 13 Jul 2004, 01:53 pm »
steve, if you haven't seen brad in awhile, then you haven't seen me for ages :lol:  .  The 31st should work for me.. mind if I come along?

steve k

NEXT GAS MEETING
« Reply #8 on: 13 Jul 2004, 02:12 pm »
Why sure, Vasu! Any new toys?
steve

vpolineni

NEXT GAS MEETING
« Reply #9 on: 13 Jul 2004, 02:14 pm »
no new toys.. although i'd like to bring my old pioneer record player to see if i can use it... I just want to hear some music and play pool!

pjchappy

NEXT GAS MEETING
« Reply #10 on: 13 Jul 2004, 04:29 pm »
There must be some sort of conspiracy w/ these meetings. . .I will probably be back in KC visiting my family and picking up my dog.  

I MIGHT go this weekend. . .if I do, I will probably be able to make the meeting.  

Either way, at least I'm FINALLY back in STL!!!!   :beer:  The friends I made here at SLU and the good times I had just sucked me right back in.  :P

p

steve k

NEXT GAS MEETING
« Reply #11 on: 13 Jul 2004, 06:11 pm »
We hope you can make it. If you love your dog, you'd go pick it up this weekend. Then you can bring it to the GAS meeting and keep my dog Lady company. How's that for logic? :mrgreen:
steve

steve k

NEXT GAS MEETING
« Reply #12 on: 13 Jul 2004, 06:16 pm »
Blackmore wrote:

Are you sure you don't want my 2A3 'planar-cone' speakers instead?

Hey Mark, don't forget your love bead IC's too! Those things rock!! :notworthy:

steve

Scott F.

NEXT GAS MEETING
« Reply #13 on: 13 Jul 2004, 06:46 pm »
Ola Amigo's,

Unfortunatly I'm out of town on the 31st with the family on vacation. I'll be sitting on a beach in the Gulf, sucking down fine Scotch (or Congnac depending on the time of day) and smoking Dominicans.  :dance:

DeadFish

NEXT GAS MEETING
« Reply #14 on: 13 Jul 2004, 10:47 pm »
Hey Steve,
 Looking forward then to the end of the month at your house, given the Mrs. hasn't got plans for me.

If you *really* wanna hear the Altecs, they DO fit in the DeadFishVan, if you really think you wanna carry them in... :wink:

Haven't messed with them much, mostly for lack of time and direction after taming the horns with some putty.  
Still gotta hear them with tubes though.

BTW, great pix at Mark's place.  Nice stuff, Mark! Sorry I missed it.

Hope to see y'all the end of the month though, if I can find you!

Regards,
DF

steve k

NEXT GAS MEETING
« Reply #15 on: 15 Jul 2004, 12:14 am »
Yeah, Vasu--bring the Pioneer and we'll let the Seduction do its thing. We'll see how it sounds. Scott, sorry you can't make it. I'd gladly trade places though!  :smoke:  :beer:  Deadfish, we need to get one of Willie's creations to mate with those Altecs. We'll be seeing stars!  :inlove:  Been reading LeGuine lately BTW--nice stuff. Barb is reading the Dark Tower series. Bring some more tunes.

BTW, Happy Birthday, Sturg.  :birthday: (In case you haven't noticed, I like these things.)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

What about the rest of you guys we haven't heard from?? Let's party! :rock:
steve

sturgus

NEXT GAS MEETING
« Reply #16 on: 16 Jul 2004, 03:58 am »
Hey Steve,
Thanks for the birthday greeting. I will try and make it when I get off work that evening. Mr. Blackmoor thanks for the great time last week I love the sound of your system. You can listen for hours and not get tired. You have lots of neat stuff. Looking forward to seeing our resident poet(Deadfish). Hope to see everyone there.
Sturgus

Bostekrisco

NEXT GAS MEETING
« Reply #17 on: 19 Jul 2004, 02:50 pm »
Hi Steve:

I'm going to try and make it. I've been wanting to hear your rig, and of course, see the crew again. I'm in Phoenix for a few days the latter part of that week, but should be back in time. I could bring my  Monolithic PS1 and HC1 power supply. Is solid state stuff allowed?:D  I'll need directions though as I've missed the previous meetings at your house.

Bob

steve k

NEXT GAS MEETING
« Reply #18 on: 19 Jul 2004, 03:04 pm »
Hey Bob,
Hope you can make it. I'll send out directions a few days before. Sure SS is welcome--I won't break out in boils! :o Matter of fact, I'm listening to Sturgus' Aragon phono pre for awhile and it sounds pretty good. We'll be sure to throw some Robin Trower on for you. I think I still have the mangled LP too, from them good ole days!:rock:
steve

pjchappy

NEXT GAS MEETING
« Reply #19 on: 19 Jul 2004, 04:20 pm »
Well, I was going to go home this past weekend. . .to get my dog and to see my future niece/nephew.  My sister had a false-alarm, so I didn't go this past weekend.  Regardless, I will be going home this coming weekend. . .SOOOO, again, I have to miss the meeting.   :x

At least I live here now, so I WILL be able to make a meeting soon. . .I look forward to meeting you all soon.

BTW, I am figuring out my budget to see if I can make a new audio purchase. . .VMPS RM30s. . .we'll see.

p