Back with Bryston...

jaxwired

Back with Bryston...
« on: 16 Feb 2013, 08:39 pm »
Took a little excursion with a few other brands, but back with Bryston now.  4bsst2 in da house...

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: Back with Bryston...
« Reply #1 on: 16 Feb 2013, 08:48 pm »
Great looking setup :thumb:

James

won ton on

« Reply #2 on: 16 Feb 2013, 08:52 pm »
Nice,are they Dynaudio C-1's? Almost got a pair of them myself,but decided to go with Salk ht-2tl's

jaxwired

« Reply #3 on: 16 Feb 2013, 09:13 pm »
Thank you both.   Yes dynaudio c1 mkii speakers. 

mkaiser

« Reply #4 on: 16 Feb 2013, 10:46 pm »
Very nice and clean Jax.  :thumb:

Mark

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #5 on: 17 Feb 2013, 12:41 am »
A most comfortable looking room  :thumb:

Be well...

BrysTony

« Reply #6 on: 17 Feb 2013, 01:02 am »
Very nice!   :thumb: :thumb:

Tony

mrhyfy

« Reply #7 on: 17 Feb 2013, 01:39 am »
what an exceptionally efficient and enjoyable looking system!  I'll bet it sounds fantastic and provides many hours of enjoyment!

Napalm

« Reply #8 on: 17 Feb 2013, 02:49 am »
 :thumb:

how's the DAC2 doing in that combo?

jaxwired

« Reply #9 on: 17 Feb 2013, 03:55 am »
:thumb:

how's the DAC2 doing in that combo?

I've been using benchmark DACs for about 4 years now.   Before I got the DAC2 I thought that DAC technology was pretty well played out. But the DAC2 proved me wrong.  I'm not saying its world changing, but it sounds more natural and more detailed at the same time.  Also, prior to the DAC2 I always preferred a stand alone preamp in the chain. The DAC2 convinced me to give up my preamp.   Not missing it so far....

yioryos

« Reply #10 on: 17 Feb 2013, 06:29 am »
 :D
Hi Jaxwired,I used to see you in Audiogon forums.
I enjoyed the pics of your system,great set-up.Please let me know what is the name of the stand you are using,where is it from?
Thanks
George

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #11 on: 17 Feb 2013, 08:03 am »
...this 4B amp looks simply great. well done, Jax!

seems that you don't want/need a sub?!?

al.

PRELUDE

« Reply #12 on: 17 Feb 2013, 02:23 pm »
Great looking system and good choice, enjoy. :thumb:

jaxwired

« Reply #13 on: 17 Feb 2013, 02:24 pm »
:D
Hi Jaxwired,I used to see you in Audiogon forums.
I enjoyed the pics of your system,great set-up.Please let me know what is the name of the stand you are using,where is it from?
Thanks
George

The speaker stands are dynaudio stand 4s.   They have now beem replaced by the stand 6.  Great stands. Neoprene damped, fillable, and rock solid.  Plus they bolt to my speakers.   

The stand holding my amp and DAC is an ikea lack tv stand.  $50 at ikea!    :D

jaxwired

« Reply #14 on: 17 Feb 2013, 02:27 pm »
...this 4B amp looks simply great. well done, Jax!

seems that you don't want/need a sub?!?

al.

Right on.  No sub needed.  I don't like subs in two channel myself.  I've tried and never was happy.  But with these dynaudios in a room my size (12x17) it is truly unnecessary.  The bass is better than many floorstanders.  I have zero desire for more low end punch.  And I like bass believe me.    :D

jaxwired

« Reply #15 on: 17 Feb 2013, 02:40 pm »
This system is a bit of a watershed for me.  I know some people can buy a good system and live happily ever after with their choice.  I am definitely not one of those lucky people.  I have to know I've made good choices. The only way for me to do that is to live with lots of different equipment and assess the differences.   I feel like I've finally completed a five year long vision quest.   Power conditioners, power cords, interconnects, speaker cable, electrical outlets, stands, racks, room treatments, amps, DACs, preamps, integrated amps, CD players, streaming, speakers, speakers, speakers. Literally dozens of changes have gone through my revolving high end door.  I haven't tried everything. And I don't have magic ears. But I've satisfied myself in all these areas.  This system is the result of that 5 year quest (really been an audiophile for 20 years, but couldn't afford the quest until 5 years ago).  I am ecstatic with this system.  And for all you bryston fans, this amp beat a long line of high end challengers that i didn't just audition, I owned and lived with.  And I listen like 10 hours a week minimum. 

PRELUDE

« Reply #16 on: 17 Feb 2013, 03:09 pm »
This system is a bit of a watershed for me.  I know some people can buy a good system and live happily ever after with their choice.  I am definitely not one of those lucky people.  I have to know I've made good choices. The only way for me to do that is to live with lots of different equipment and assess the differences.   I feel like I've finally completed a five year long vision quest.   Power conditioners, power cords, interconnects, speaker cable, electrical outlets, stands, racks, room treatments, amps, DACs, preamps, integrated amps, CD players, streaming, speakers, speakers, speakers. Literally dozens of changes have gone through my revolving high end door.  I haven't tried everything. And I don't have magic ears. But I've satisfied myself in all these areas.  This system is the result of that 5 year quest (really been an audiophile for 20 years, but couldn't afford the quest until 5 years ago).  I am ecstatic with this system.  And for all you bryston fans, this amp beat a long line of high end challengers that i didn't just audition, I owned and lived with.  And I listen like 10 hours a week minimum.
I did not even read your whole post yet but I stop right here to tell you that you are one of those lucky people because, you got what you like which is the most important part of anything not just audio. You should enjoy and take a great care of your system.

m00nhawk

« Reply #17 on: 17 Feb 2013, 03:22 pm »
So, what is your source??

bobNL

• Some say he's a purist
« Reply #18 on: 17 Feb 2013, 03:43 pm »
Dear Jax,

Seem to remember that you used to have PMC speakers, thought you had a video on that - but may be wrong, what made you choose the Dynaudio speakers.

Cheers,
Bob

jaxwired

« Reply #19 on: 17 Feb 2013, 03:58 pm »
So, what is your source??

I buy CDs and rip them to iTunes in lossless format.  Those are streamed to my airport express over hard wired Ethernet.  That signal is fed as a digital stream to my benchmark DAC (which is also my preamp).