How about this (for some leathers):
http://nakedleatherbiker.com/

I thought the "Himalaya" would look specially nice on you!   :lol:

Regards,

Andy

rabbitz

Aspen News Update...
« Reply #21 on: 21 Aug 2005, 01:13 pm »
Maybe even a leather bikini for Hugh  :lol: ....nah.... don't want to think about that.... scratch that thought  :oops:

AKSA

Aspen News Update...
« Reply #22 on: 21 Aug 2005, 09:45 pm »
Pierre,

Would this be the Mocky Horror Show?   :lol:

Hugh

rabbitz

Aspen News Update...
« Reply #23 on: 22 Aug 2005, 12:28 pm »
:lol: ..... there won't be any forthcoming in the mail.

AKSA

Re: Aspen News Update...
« Reply #24 on: 30 Jun 2006, 08:25 am »
Hi Folks,

News update on the website today - new products coming, UPDATE/TRADE-IN offer coming for the AKSA 55W amps, all three versions, stock, Nirvana and Nirvana Plus.

http://www.aksaonline.com/news.html

Cheers,

Hugh

Grumpy_Git

« Reply #25 on: 30 Jun 2006, 02:12 pm »
Hugh,

Not that I want rid of my 55N, but could you PM me with prices, also, is there a possibility of getting a lifeforce and keeping my 55?

AKSA

« Reply #26 on: 30 Jun 2006, 10:59 pm »
Hi Nick,

I'll make pricing announcements in the website under 'Products' in a few days!

Yes, absolutely, you can keep your 55 AKSA, but no trade in, of course.

Note that in ALL cases (no exceptions here!) the modules will be fully built and tested, ready to attach to the heatsink.  If you want another heatsink, of course, that will be a few bucks extra since it won't normally be supplied.

Thanks for the interest, Nick,

Cheers,

Hugh

mhr

« Reply #27 on: 30 Jun 2006, 11:14 pm »
Hi Hugh,

Good to see you making progress and good to see you offering the trade-in.

I'll bite.  I wonder though if a few more modules can be secured for those of us wanting to do additional amps?  I will shortly have an Orion to feed.

I suspect the answer is yes.  Just keep us loyal aksaphiles informed.

Looking forward to the new modules and also the ASP power supply.

Take care,

mhr

AKSA

« Reply #28 on: 30 Jun 2006, 11:29 pm »
Thanks Mark,

Sure, yes, and I will make something special available for multiple module buyers, as is only fair.

I'm racing around like a one armed paper hanger at present, trying to tie together all my projects, handle the admin of the finish of the Oz tax year, and keep my sanity with frequent lattes....... :lol:

My daughter Soraya arrives in a few minutes to take the old Ford and trailer for her boyfriend to move apartments, and I CAN'T GET THE !@#$ TRAFFICATORS TO WORK!!  YIKES!! :scratch:

Cheers,

Hugh

mhr

« Reply #29 on: 1 Jul 2006, 12:00 am »
Hi Hugh,

Sounds like my new job minus the daughter and boyfreind.

For that I can offer no condolences.

Cheers!

PS - the new bike is quite lovely!

AKSA

« Reply #30 on: 1 Jul 2006, 12:14 am »
.........with a 21 year old daughter going on 35 there are no condolences......  only exasperation..... :evil: :duel: :surrender: :kiss:

jules

« Reply #31 on: 1 Jul 2006, 05:32 am »
Congratulations Hugh and what a great launch into the new FY ...

it's fantastic that you've got the amp into shape and going so well. You must be very pleased. Given the recent volatility of world share markets I think your sensors are correct in that direction as well.

Hope you've fixed the trafficators ... For an apparently simple system they seem to be able to come up with some extraordinarily creative faults.

jules

rookster

« Reply #32 on: 1 Jul 2006, 10:31 am »
Hugh,

Glad to hear about the 55 upgrades.  I have 4 channels of Aksa 55N+ as you know.  I have built the power supply boards and some work on the 2 cases, however I have not started on the output boards.  If I was interested in the upgrades (depends on pricing), am I eligible?  I have all the components layed out on a piece of foam and arranged in the order of assembly, but I have not assembled any parts of it.  I can easily pack them all up.

I look forward to finding out your upgrade price.  And thinking/dreaming about how to afford it.

AKSA

« Reply #33 on: 1 Jul 2006, 10:46 am »
Hi Rookster,

Yes, we should be able to do something.

When I post the prices, we can talk!

Cheers,

Hugh

rookster

« Reply #34 on: 1 Jul 2006, 11:11 am »
Hugh,

Thanks for the reply.  I look forward to the price details.  What will you do with the traded in boards?

SamL

« Reply #35 on: 1 Jul 2006, 11:17 am »
Exciting news.
BTW, How long will the offer last?

Sam

AKSA

« Reply #36 on: 1 Jul 2006, 01:24 pm »
Hi Michael, Sam,

The duration of the offer and what to do with the trade-in boards is uncertain.   :?  It all depends on takeup and time to market for the Lifeforce retail version.  Heck, if I make a million dollars, I'll buy a Diablo and call myself Krull........ :lol:

A trade-in rewards present AKSA owners for their loyalty, reduces the price, and prevents used AKSA modules flooding the market and potentially devaluing the brand.  It allows Aspen to appeal directly to it's greatest asset - you, and hundreds like you, who bought an AKSA.  This is terribly important as all sales are closed on a strong psychological factor.  It's an effective and time-honoured method to promote a new product whilst acknowledging loyalty, and it will certainly focus attention on the quality of the Lifeforce because expectations will be high, and rightly so.  (As you've probably guessed I'm confident on this score!!   :D)

The fact is that the Lifeforce design and pcb is very different to the AKSA, so it is not practical to merely offer an N++.  Nevertheless the gradation of performance makes the Lifeforce equivalent to a super upgrade.  It is very clear to me that a major concession must be made to existing AKSA owners who have stood by me and bought in large numbers on spec.  I am always conscious of the leap of faith to buy any direct marketed, internet product.  This strategy should also give rapid penetration of a committed, qualified market with prospects of immediate quality reviews and a corresponding favourable reputation for the retail product launch in months to come.

I must also acknowledge the many opposition products out there, many of which are very good (Borbely, Hageman, Deckert, Bottlehead to name four leading kit makers), and quietly admit that their very existence has spurred me to produce something exceptional.  After all, this is the genesis of better products across the world - competition.  I've always admired Nelson Pass and Linsley Hood, and while I really like their designs I feel that the high energy consumption of Class A is inappropriate in a greenhouse world.  I strive to deliver Class A performance with energy efficient Class AB - to me this is the greatest intellectual challenge of audio design.  The next challenge comes with Class D, but at this stage I believe I'm safe for a couple of years...... :oops:

That's the plan!!

Cheers,

Hugh

JohnR

« Reply #37 on: 1 Jul 2006, 01:29 pm »
Hugh you big tease, when are you going to tell us the upgrade prices?  :scratch:  :lol:

AKSA

« Reply #38 on: 1 Jul 2006, 01:36 pm »
Aw, C'mon John, cupla days, this is the only fun I ever get in the marketing cycle!!

Luv ya new forum layout......  a software neanderthal like me can even do marquees......... Hugh

rookster

« Reply #39 on: 2 Jul 2006, 12:22 am »
Hugh,

Thanks for the reply.  I was just curious as what you will do will all of the boards you will receive back.  I think it is typical of your excellent customer service in that you reward your customers with very economical and desirable upgrade paths.  I know we are all waiting for the prices so we can work out where to get the money.  But then most DIYers always find the money to satisfy their addictions.

The side benefit for me, is that although the soldering would be a learning experience, it will save me a lot of time if I do not have to solder 4 boards.  I still have to solder the GK-1 board anyway.  I am so far behind on my projects, but my mid-year resolution is to finish the GK-1 and both stereo 55's (either 55N+ or Lifeforce) and any reduction in things to do will be helpful.