World War Z

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
World War Z
« on: 8 Jan 2013, 04:51 pm »
Wow, holy effin' wow.  Did anyone see the trailer for this?  Supposedly coming out in June 2013, based loosely on the book of the same name.  I won't say much to avoid spoilers, but the book is the sequel to "The Zombie Survival Guide".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcwTxRuq-uk

Scott F.

Re: World War Z
« Reply #1 on: 22 Oct 2013, 02:50 am »
Just picked up the BR. Pretty good flick and a zombie movie to boot  :thumb:

aragon63

• Dorian, Lydian, Phrygian,Jazz Minor
« Reply #2 on: 22 Oct 2013, 03:23 am »

Here.... you can watch it for free via putlocker  / DVD copy ( click on Continue as Free User )

World War Z

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #3 on: 26 Oct 2013, 07:48 pm »
I hope they do a sequel of this movie..would like to see how the storyline continues.

Wayner

« Reply #4 on: 26 Oct 2013, 08:27 pm »
You guys thought this movie was good???

Wayner

Jon L

« Reply #5 on: 26 Oct 2013, 08:46 pm »
I was told this movie was extremely horrible previously but ended up seeing it later.  It's not a *good* movie per se but not any worse than any other Zombie movie actually.  A decent popcorn flick to kill time IMO.

jermmd

« Reply #6 on: 26 Oct 2013, 10:31 pm »
I thought the book was much better but I did enjoy the movie. I like zombie stories so my opinion may not be for everyone.

Joe M.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #7 on: 26 Oct 2013, 11:18 pm »
We saw the movie at a newly remodeled theater with full, livingroom type recliners with wide, wide aisles, reserved seating, awesome digital sound, etc. the first weekend it came out.  I thought it was an excellent zombie movie, better than watching The Walking Dead, which I enjoy.  However my opinion could be tainted because of the fantastic venue.

https://www.amctheatres.com/movie-theatres/amc-marlton-8

ratso

« Reply #8 on: 27 Oct 2013, 12:05 am »
other than the name, that movie has nothing at all to do with the book. it couldn't really be further from anything that's in the book. the author admitted that he sold the title and was never consulted in any way on the movie or the movie's story. why do i care? because the book could have so easily been made into a really great movie which could have changed the way people view "horror" movies. but instead they took the usual hollywood cop out and made another stupid action movie.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #9 on: 27 Oct 2013, 02:10 am »
Zombie movies??? not my cup of tea..... except Zombielands.  I loved Woody Harrelson's search for Twinkies in a zombie infested landscape.

ajzepp

« Reply #10 on: 27 Oct 2013, 03:25 am »
Zombie movies??? not my cup of tea..... except Zombielands.  I loved Woody Harrelson's search for Twinkies in a zombie infested landscape.

Have you seen Warm Bodies?

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #11 on: 27 Oct 2013, 02:18 pm »
Have you seen Warm Bodies?
Nope, usually have to have reason to see anything in that genre.  Are you recommending it?

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: 28 Oct 2013, 04:02 am »
Warm Bodies is awesome!  A really funny, quirky zombie rom-com!  It's a must see, for sure. :thumb:

Woodsea

« Reply #13 on: 28 Oct 2013, 04:46 am »
Really enjoyed the film tonight.  4/5. 

JohnR

« Reply #14 on: 28 Oct 2013, 06:56 am »
I have to admit that I rented the BR last night without any idea of what it was about. World War "Z"... duh. :duh: :duh: :duh:

Like S Clark, I'm not a fan of zombie movies. Can't they do anything new with this? OK, so there was an invisibiling vaccine. But how about something else original. Maybe a zombie STAR. Or one that looks good. Or something. Anything. And anyway, if they're already dead, how come bullets "kill" them? I don't get it (on any level).

(Sorry no offence intended to any fans!)

jriggy

« Reply #15 on: 28 Oct 2013, 02:02 pm »
I have to admit that I rented the BR last night without any idea of what it was about. World War "Z"... duh. :duh: :duh: :duh:

Like S Clark, I'm not a fan of zombie movies. Can't they do anything new with this? OK, so there was an invisibiling vaccine. But how about something else original. Maybe a zombie STAR. Or one that looks good. Or something. Anything. And anyway, if they're already dead, how come bullets "kill" them? I don't get it (on any level).

(Sorry no offence intended to any fans!)

Rule # !: Only head shots will kill a zombie...

There have been plenty of original takes added to the concept of zombies. Theres rage, like in 28 Days Later, Resident Evil gives a different take than the typical slow zombie also...
There are plenty other tweaked nuances on zombies, from how it starts (Radioactive waist, virus, comet, genetic manipulation, etc) and how it can or cant be fixed, to how they act when turned (fast, slow and varying degrees of awareness to different senses).
Same as vampires, you cant exactly rewrite the book on em or its no longer a zombie. The zombie genre is HUGE and pretty diverse really and has ben going strong for what? 35 years?

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #16 on: 28 Oct 2013, 02:43 pm »
An extra bonus with this movie, there's a super low frequency effect that sounded like it went into the single digit range. There were things rattling in my room that I don't hear unless I'm playing with test tones at high SPL.  :icon_twisted:

I've never been a zombie fan, not even a little bit. I've avoided this movie until my family sprang it on me in the Netflix cue.
Begrudgingly, I watched it last night.
I'd have to say that I was impressed. It was much more than what I had envisioned a zombie could could be. I'm not saying I'm a new fan of zombie movie, but I enjoyed the movie.

Bob

RDavidson

« Reply #17 on: 28 Oct 2013, 02:57 pm »
Rule # !: Only head shots will kill a zombie...

There have been plenty of original takes added to the concept of zombies. Theres rage, like in 28 Days Later, Resident Evil gives a different take than the typical slow zombie also...
There are plenty other tweaked nuances on zombies, from how it starts (Radioactive waist, virus, comet, genetic manipulation, etc) and how it can or cant be fixed, to how they act when turned (fast, slow and varying degrees of awareness to different senses).
Same as vampires, you cant exactly rewrite the book on em or its no longer a zombie. The zombie genre is HUGE and pretty diverse really and has ben going strong for what? 35 years?

About a decade longer than 35 years. The original Night of the Living Dead came out in 1968. Still rather creepy even today. I think the age of the movie and being in black and white actually adds to the eerie factor.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #18 on: 29 Oct 2013, 04:00 am »
I never read the book that they ignored, so I don't care if it was accurate or not. :lol:  Movies are one thing, books are another.  Accept that never the two shall me or go insane!  As a movie I liked it; not a masterpiece but entertaining.  The central conceit (ie the "invisibility") was somewhat novel for a zombie flick.  I thought the actors were pretty good, particularly Pitt, the woman that played his wife and the Israeli soldier.  The FX were a bit over the top but for a summer blockbuster it was good.  Way less stupid than, say, Battleship or GrownUPs 2.

Rclark

« Reply #19 on: 29 Oct 2013, 04:16 am »
This movie is laughable at best. I want my money back for the rental! And I love zombie movies!