Question on future Bryston pre-amps (if there is one in making)

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
What is your problem?

Where to begin...

D.D.

Sasha

Where to begin...

D.D.
And how are your problems related to the subject?

Diamond Dog

And how are your problems related to the subject?

I'm sorry Sasha, but my attorney has advised me not to answer any more questions...

D.D.

Sasha

I'm sorry Sasha, but my attorney has advised me not to answer any more questions...

D.D.
Very funny…it seems your problem is with others expressing opinions based on experience and facts that are contradictory to yours, and when you are out of arguments you resort to such immature comments. I see no other reason for it.

Diamond Dog

Very funny…it seems your problem is with others expressing opinions based on experience and facts that are contradictory to yours, and when you are out of arguments you resort to such immature comments. I see no other reason for it.

Oh Sasha... I know you've had some fallings out with other AC members here recently but I just want to say that FWIW I find your indisputably brusque approach to interacting with others here absolutely ADORABLE! Please go on being all the Sasha you can be and don't ever change:D

D.D.

Sasha

Oh Sasha... I know you've had some fallings out with other AC members here recently but I just want to say that FWIW I find your indisputably brusque approach to interacting with others here absolutely ADORABLE! Please go on being all the Sasha you can be and don't ever change:D

D.D.
Care to explain what you find so brusque?
Sometimes it does not hurt to look into a mirror for a change, just check your comments in this particular thread.
In regard to other members, it was simply not possible to have a meaningful discussion with those two, as they simply would not accept any possibility that others may have arrived to different conclusions or may have much more knowledge on the subject (I am not talking about myself here but about those that were driven from this forum by their relentless onslaught full of insults).

werd

D.D.

Actually i think he just has a screw loose  :lol:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=106323.0

Sasha

Actually i think he just has a screw loose  :lol:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=106323.0
You fall precisely into the audience for such nonsense.

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
Adjustable gain for each input, and a -20 db switch would work for me. Oh, and LF filter switch and mono switch on all preamps.

Sasha

Adjustable gain for each input, and a -20 db switch would work for me. Oh, and LF filter switch and mono switch on all preamps.
What do you mean by LF filter switch, a LF filter you find in some phono pre-amps or something else?

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
What do you mean by LF filter switch, a LF filter you find in some phono pre-amps or something else?

LF filter you find in phono preamps. But can be useful in other applications.

Sasha

LF filter you find in phono preamps. But can be useful in other applications.
That would be something useful indeed, have you ever come across line level pre-amp with such function?

Diamond Dog

The Sumo Athena did. Also had a mono switch. I have one of these in storage.

D.D.

Sasha

The Sumo Athena did. Also had a mono switch. I have one of these in storage.

D.D.
You mean it had LF filter?
Was it capable also of boosting LF or just attenuating it?

Diamond Dog

It has a LF filter ( attenuaton only as I recall ). It is an active pre ( with bypass ) with Class A output stage. Interesting piece designed by James Bongiorno and decently listenable as SS pre's go.

D.D.

Sasha

It has a LF filter ( attenuaton only as I recall ). It is an active pre ( with bypass ) with Class A output stage. Interesting piece designed by James Bongiorno and decently listenable as SS pre's go.

D.D.
Was that the last SS piece before your tube days? Ever compared it to Bryston?
Is it you that is driving PMC Fact 8 with Neo-Classic 300B or was it someone else?

tdinut

• Joe aka Joeinid on other forums.
    • Audioshark Forum

D.D.
I bet that's a great piece. He has designed some new gear recently that's getting great reviews.

Diamond Dog

Was that the last SS piece before your tube days? Ever compared it to Bryston?
Is it you that is driving PMC Fact 8 with Neo-Classic 300B or was it someone else?

Pretty much the last SS pre I had in my system before I got my first Manley ( Jumbo Shrimp ).It has a different, somewhat warmer sound than any of the Bryston pre's I've had anything to do with but it shares the same rugged build philosophy. It is indeed me with the 300B, 7BSST2's and fact.8's behind an Esoteric K-03.

D.D.

Diamond Dog

I bet that's a great piece. He has designed some new gear recently that's getting great reviews.

I am proof of EveAnna Manley's claim that the Neo-Classic 300B will spoil you for any other pre. The Sumo's a nice-sounding pre but I really like the results I've gotten from pairing Manley pre's with Bryston amps and just looking at the 300B makes me smile.

Bongiorno has done some work on a plug-and-play magic dingus box for Toyota as well. You can have it installed as an option to upgrade the factory sound system. If it runs in Class A, it'll double as a car warmer too. :green:

D.D.

Sasha

Pretty much the last SS pre I had in my system before I got my first Manley ( Jumbo Shrimp ).It has a different, somewhat warmer sound than any of the Bryston pre's I've had anything to do with but it shares the same rugged build philosophy. It is indeed me with the 300B, 7BSST2's and fact.8's behind an Esoteric K-03.

D.D.
Why Fact 8 and not something from “i” or professional series? Have you done any comparison to larger PMCs (IB2 and up), if so what were the impressions?