Ebay Sucks!! (long with pictures)

Horsehead

« Reply #40 on: 24 May 2004, 01:34 am »
Add him to the list George.  What a scumbag!

www.ebayersthatsuck.com

TheeeChosenOne

« Reply #41 on: 24 May 2004, 05:45 am »
Quote from: jackman
I'd report the information to Ebay to see if you can get retribution.  There is no way this can be allowed.  I wish I lived closer to the swamp-land where this guy lives.  It looks like a couple gators were chewing on that amp.  Must have been used in a comme ...

I would make an agenda to warn all future bidders of his Ebay products what he did to you.

I would ruin all his future Ebay business.   Make him suffer for it!!

Definitely follow-up with Ebay.  It may be a waste of time, but you never know.  

For future reference, on expensive products use:  www.escrow.com

Tonto Yoder

« Reply #42 on: 24 May 2004, 11:02 am »
Quote from: nathanm
 What's so hard about saying "the amp is scratched all to hell but it works fine."  That's ALL the guy would've had to say.  Sheesh...

The seller DOES allude to the poor cosmetics--"There is nothing wrong with this this equipment. The equipment is in perfect working condition. The exterior may show some wear as to be expected, but that does not affect the audio quality, and/or the working and operating condition."
Obviously, there's no "MAY" about the wear--it definitely shows wear that one might expect.

Tim S

« Reply #43 on: 24 May 2004, 01:02 pm »
If you look at the enlarged picture off of e-Bay it clearly looks pretty scratched. The other tip-off is that if you look at the picture it was apparently taken in a bed store. That suggests little likelihood that it was in an audiophile setup and probably took abuse. I completely agree that the seller should have probably explained things a little better, but I think you guys are going a bit overboard on the fraud claims. While the scratches don't show in the small version, I don't think you can look at the enlarged version and see it as a pristine item.

Tim

nathanm

« Reply #44 on: 24 May 2004, 03:03 pm »
I know - Zybar could take the amp to a bed store and attempt to recreate the seller's photo himself! :P

You're right Tonto, the seller DID mention the condition, albeit a considerable understatement.  When somebody says "there MAY be..." that means that one person might not think there is wear and another would.  In other words, the wear is minor and not immediately noticeable.  I don't think the number and degree of scratches on the amp case could be interpreted by anyone other than "the amp is definitely scratched up".

Well anyway, it's not really any of our business is it?  heh!  Good luck Zybar!

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #45 on: 6 Jun 2004, 10:15 pm »
Ok, I am happy to report that I worked out terms with the seller and that in the end he did the right thing.

At the end of the day, I don't think he purposefully tried to decieve me.  This was just a case where some better wording on his part and some better attention on my part could have prevented the whole thing from happening.

Thank you to everybody who supported me.

Lastly, some peole were a little too zealous in their support and sent some inappropriate e-mails to the seller.  In the future, while your intentions were good, that type of behavior really shouldn't happen.  There are better ways to handle the situation.

George

MaxCast

« Reply #46 on: 7 Jun 2004, 02:30 am »
Glad to here everything worked out for you, George.

Hope the boys from AC weren't too rough on the poor boy 8)  :lol: