Sad day in the Tanner Household Today

rmurray

Re: Sad day in the Tanner Household Today
« Reply #40 on: 1 Apr 2012, 03:15 pm »
 Sorry to hear that. I know the feeling of loss James.The best to you and your family.

klao

« Reply #41 on: 1 Apr 2012, 04:06 pm »
 Sorry for your loss, James.   :cry:

Vipers

« Reply #42 on: 1 Apr 2012, 09:27 pm »
I'm really sorry to hear your sad news today James, our little furry friends give us so much love, friendship and happiness, when they pass they leave a truly big whole in our lifes, I'm dreading that day coming with my 2 elderly cats.
My condolences James, thinking of you and your family.

David C

• Don't try and lay no boogie woogie on the king
« Reply #43 on: 1 Apr 2012, 09:37 pm »
James
my heart goes out to you and the family. We have 2 cavalier king charles spaniels, the oldest is 11 (he is my avatar) and I can see the day coming when he will not be with us. Dogs are a part of the family

Well, the Lord has a dog now, I just sent Him mine,
The old pal so dear to me.
And I smile through my tears on this first day alone,
Knowing they're in eternity.
Day after day, the whole day through,
Wherever my road inclined,
Four feet said, "Wait, I'm coming with you!"
And trotted along behind.

Rudyard Kipling

SET Man

« Reply #44 on: 1 Apr 2012, 10:43 pm »
Hey!

I'm sorry for you loss. And as a pets owner I know how this feel, not easy. I'm sure he enjoyed all those years with you and your family. So, remembered that he lived a good life, all thanks to you and your family :D

Take care,
Buddy :thumb:

1oldguy

« Reply #45 on: 1 Apr 2012, 10:54 pm »
James.....

I am sad to hear of this.In some respects they are the best part of us.

I had to do the same with two of mine.Now I have one left,a German Shorthaired Pointer.
I will not get another after she is gone,I just can't stand that I have to go through this yet again myself.
The more we love them the harder it is.

Phil

« Reply #46 on: 1 Apr 2012, 11:56 pm »
James,

Very sorry to hear you lost your buddy.  We too have had our share of losses and it is always helpful to remember what great lives they lived and how they shared so much with us. 

Take care. 

Phil

John Casler

« Reply #47 on: 2 Apr 2012, 12:11 am »
Sorry for your loss.  Recently lost our pet of 17 years and while it is difficult to put into words obviously many know what you are feeling.

Anonamemouse

• +52° 03' 30", +4° 32' 45"
« Reply #48 on: 2 Apr 2012, 09:17 am »
It is very hard to lose such a dear friend.
I am very sorry for your loss, and hope you can find the strength to live through it.

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #49 on: 2 Apr 2012, 10:48 am »

Well, the Lord has a dog now, I just sent Him mine,
The old pal so dear to me.
And I smile through my tears on this first day alone,
Knowing they're in eternity.
Day after day, the whole day through,
Wherever my road inclined,
Four feet said, "Wait, I'm coming with you!"
And trotted along behind.

Rudyard Kipling

Thank you for sharing this, it is truly beautiful.

Be well...

DaveNote

• Without music, life would be a mistake. Nietzsche
« Reply #50 on: 2 Apr 2012, 12:16 pm »
James, I join others in sending you my condolences. Been there, know the pain. One small bit of light is the fact that you have many friends here, where the "Circle" is truly a family one.

Dave

Levi

« Reply #51 on: 2 Apr 2012, 01:18 pm »
Sorry to hear about your friend James.

ellsworth

« Reply #52 on: 2 Apr 2012, 05:25 pm »
My condolences to you James, and to everyone else who has felt the same loss. Having said goodbye to two furry friends (one cat and one dog)over the past 5 years, I know well how it feels. Every tear shed is a testimony to the privilege of sharing life with a creature so beautiful. Take heart, as time passes the pain will subside leaving cherished memories in its wake.

Having read through this thread, and shedding a tear or two for my past friends, I happened to receive an unrelated email from a friend with the following link. It brought a smile to my face, and I hope it does to yours. -  http://www.wimp.com/dogcourse/

One last thought - nothing makes you appreciate living with a mature (and predictable) dog like raising a young pup. Our new buddy will be turning 1 this week, and we're constantly being challenged (and entertained) by him. We'd forgotten just how much puppies can chew - he's done in more shoes in the last year than I have in the last twenty.

Cheers.

uncouth

« Reply #53 on: 2 Apr 2012, 05:34 pm »
Very sorry for your loss, James.

I know the pain all too well. Two years ago my 7 year old Boxer's heart simply stopped. She died in my 16 year old's arms. It was a traumatic experience for the entire family.

It took a long time to consider the idea of adding a new member to our family, but back in 2010 we brought home a yellow labrador puppy. We've found that labs are all too easy to fall in love with.

Again, truly very sorry for your loss, from one lab owner to another.

ken

« Reply #54 on: 2 Apr 2012, 06:12 pm »
I'm very sorry for your loss  :(  What makes it so difficult is the unconditional affection they show day in and day out.  I can honestly say that no one seems happier to see me when I come home each day from work than my dog does.

Eric

« Reply #55 on: 2 Apr 2012, 07:11 pm »
So sorry to hear that James. Caren and I have had10 dogs in ur 25 years of marriage (we have 4 now). Each time we have lost one it has been like losing a family member

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #56 on: 2 Apr 2012, 07:58 pm »
Sorry for your loss, James.  I know how you feel.  I cried a bucket when Sidney (10 year old Labrweiler down).  She died in my arms and I closed her eyes for the last time.   :bawl:

We still miss her but now we have Beauregard (9months Yellow lab) keeping us busy with his antics.

JfTM

« Reply #57 on: 2 Apr 2012, 08:26 pm »
Condolences as well.

One of the toughest things I've ever had to do was putting down my 15 year old black Lab.

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #58 on: 3 Apr 2012, 04:30 am »
My condolences, James. All the best to ya, man.

miss_moneypenny

« Reply #59 on: 3 Apr 2012, 05:21 am »
I'm very sorry to learn of your recent loss of a friend and indeed, a family member.  The memories of reciprocated love and companionship are to be cherished with the knowledge that Tyson will forever look down on you from the great kennel in the sky.

Time is a healer and you and your family will know when it's right to introduce a new spirit to the home.

Best wishes...