PMC Moving Away from Bryston Amplification?

Vipers

Re: PMC Moving Away from Bryston Amplification?
« Reply #40 on: 24 Mar 2012, 12:23 pm »
I'd really like to share your optimism  but I'm sorry to say, it ain't gonna happen..

You're not the first one to say that to me actually but I won't give up on the thought just yet, unless there is something imminent to replace the MB's, now that would be exciting :)

mclsound

« Reply #41 on: 24 Mar 2012, 03:05 pm »
the funny thing with all this is when I hear dealers speak,It goes in one ear and out the other.I hate paying for their fancy cars.A dealer gets a pretty good price for them big ass MB2's.With the economic situation,I would like to see PMC bring out some deals,not grab cheaper D class amps from Hypex and try and fool the consumers.But if you think these bad ass IB's $20,000 actives with $800 worth of Hypex electronics is going to fool all of us...your wrong.There is alot of trickery out there.
Just being real

mvwhiting_83

• Ask me speaker related questions!
    • PMC Speakers
« Reply #42 on: 28 Mar 2012, 09:22 pm »
mvwhiting,

I'm genuinely not being a wise-ass...

What amps did the DB1a and TB2a use before the Flying Moles?   I distinctly remember Bryston PowerPacs on the back of them.  I think PP60 and PP120 respectively, but I may be wrong about that part of it.

Hi Stu,

Those were not DB or TB SA's. Those were simply passive PMC's with Bryston Power Pacs. Those are still very much available. The models in question used from Flying Mole from the get-go. This was a less expensive solution to portable near-field listening. The PMC DS-001 is the replacement for the Flying mole.

Thanks!

Ian.

mvwhiting_83

• Ask me speaker related questions!
    • PMC Speakers
« Reply #43 on: 28 Mar 2012, 09:27 pm »
the funny thing with all this is when I hear dealers speak,It goes in one ear and out the other.I hate paying for their fancy cars.A dealer gets a pretty good price for them big ass MB2's.With the economic situation,I would like to see PMC bring out some deals,not grab cheaper D class amps from Hypex and try and fool the consumers.But if you think these bad ass IB's $20,000 actives with $800 worth of Hypex electronics is going to fool all of us...your wrong.There is alot of trickery out there.
Just being real

Why do you keep bring up Hypex? No one is trying to fool anyone. These are PMC designed and built electronics.. No one is asking you to pay for anyones car. The DS-001 is used in our SA mk.II's. Studio. Compact. Actives. They have a very specific purpose that they are aiming for. We build our products based on what we hear and are trying to provide for a working studio demographic...

Just being real.