Tube Research Labs (TRL) Dude Is Here!

JoshK

Re: Tube Research Labs (TRL) Dude Is Here!
« Reply #20 on: 27 Dec 2012, 03:16 am »
ouput z = output impedance....which means in essence how much drive does it have to your amp.    Was a curiosity question. 

Berto

« Reply #21 on: 27 Dec 2012, 03:21 am »
Thx J.  I'm getting there. Just waiting for JoshK to say he wants to sell his 211 monos  :lol:

But seriously , as much as luv my F2a PPs, the Ulysses IMO are sublime with the right SET amps. That will be my next purchase.  But living on the water in Long Island, Sandy put a nice dent in my audio budget.

It is high. I think its 5k but I'm not sure exactly. (will find out).  I think that is the reason it did not work with the Lamp, same goes for the Shindo and Audion I tried.  The impedance worked great with my amps so no surprises there.

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #22 on: 27 Dec 2012, 01:08 pm »
I've owned both the S/E and Balanced version of the Tap preamps. 
What did you think of them?

Berto

« Reply #23 on: 27 Dec 2012, 01:36 pm »
If you need a passive they are great. My first Tap was a revelation since I had a audio aero capitols amp and compared it to the joule pre at the time. It was more resolved and I felt the notes floated into the room, I loved it. My second balanced Tap was with Atma amps which had attenuators on them already. The differences between the balanced Tap and amp attenuators was negligible. So it was a expensive remote at the time.

The Bent is about as transparent as it gets. the Dude matches that transparency,but the bass, dynamics and staging is what really set the latter apart. Going from cheap MIT caps to Duelund cast should be another revelation from what I hear.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #24 on: 27 Dec 2012, 03:57 pm »
   Always better the second time round. Yes those Deulunds will make a difference for the good. Enjoy. LI ? Berto you have a PM.

charles

goskers

« Reply #25 on: 27 Dec 2012, 06:26 pm »
As a relative newcomer to the TRL Dude family let me just state that I can't imagine things getting a whole lot better.  I have the Dueland caps on the way so I'll see where that next progression takes me.

I am moving from a Dodd pre to this and there is a rather large difference between the two.  Considering just the money alone, there should be. 

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #26 on: 27 Dec 2012, 06:49 pm »
Please let us know what the Duelands do.

Berto

« Reply #27 on: 27 Dec 2012, 07:27 pm »
I can't imagine either Goskers.  But from other Dude owners ( Agon reviews) they claim a significant upgrade, so that is exciting!

Not like I have a non duelund dude to compare it too, so I will not be able to tell you what the duelunds do exactly.  After break-in , I will post a few comments on the NEW Dude :thumb:

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #28 on: 27 Dec 2012, 07:31 pm »
I can't imagine either Goskers.  But from other Dude owners ( Agon reviews) they claim a significant upgrade, so that is exciting!

Not like I have a non duelund dude to compare it too, so I will not be able to tell you what the duelunds do exactly.  After break-in , I will post a few comments on the NEW Dude :thumb:
What about some more pics?   :D

Berto

« Reply #29 on: 27 Dec 2012, 07:42 pm »
Looks like yours did but in anodized silver. Basically my cell phone will NOT do it justice. Maybe I can try in a week when I get it.

goskers

« Reply #30 on: 27 Dec 2012, 07:50 pm »
I will certainly post the results accordingly.  I am guessing the break in period for the Cast Caps will be pretty significant.

Gopher

« Reply #31 on: 27 Dec 2012, 08:49 pm »
I let it go last time Berto.   But its time to actually watch Lebowski before owning a second Dude..  I'm actually watching as I type this....   get on the ball!

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #32 on: 27 Dec 2012, 08:55 pm »
We rented the movie the week of the Dude arrival.  meh.  Luckily the Dude is better then the movie. 

Berto

« Reply #33 on: 27 Dec 2012, 10:02 pm »
I've seen it twice since my first Dude. Def not a Caddyshack or Grandmas boy but I got a kick out of it. Have to agree with Ja as far overall enjoyment.

Your gonna have to get on the ball and hear my pre post break-in, you never heard it in a compatible rig.

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #34 on: 27 Dec 2012, 10:19 pm »
I will certainly post the results accordingly.  I am guessing the break in period for the Cast Caps will be pretty significant.

Having worked with the Cast Caps myself, I will reassure you that they are not that long of a break in at all. It's an incredible capacitor, no where near the break in time of Teflon based capacitors.

Have fun listening!

Anand.

goskers

« Reply #35 on: 27 Dec 2012, 11:12 pm »
Having worked with the Cast Caps myself, I will reassure you that they are not that long of a break in at all. It's an incredible capacitor, no where near the break in time of Teflon based capacitors.

Have fun listening!

Anand.

Just trying to patient in waiting for the mailman to cometh.  I am assuming that Paul has got them in the mail by now.

BAJ55

« Reply #36 on: 6 Jan 2013, 10:52 pm »
I have 2 TRL power cords for sale for any interested Dude owners. One is a 6 footer for $150, The other is a 3 footer for $100. Please call at 218 428 9279 if interested or for any questions you may have.

I am still using the TRL Dude and will never part with it.

BAJ55

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #37 on: 6 Jan 2013, 11:20 pm »
Why sell the power cords if you're keeping the Dude?

BTW-Let's see some pics of the Dude!   :D

BAJ55

« Reply #38 on: 7 Jan 2013, 12:50 am »
There is a picture of my dude in my ac gallery.

BAJ55

WireNut

« Reply #39 on: 7 Jan 2013, 05:28 pm »

I'd love to see some pics of this Dude with it's top off.  :wink: