Anyone want to buy a pair of LS-6s in the bay area?

gotchaforce

Just letting people know im selling my LS-6s for $2100 a pair in the bay area (san jose). They are the rosewood versions from av123. Seems like no one wants them, maybe its got to do with the fact that they likely have the lowest WAF possible

Danny Richie

Re: Anyone want to buy a pair of LS-6s in the bay area?
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jan 2012, 03:28 pm »
Dang, that is a really low price. They should go pretty quick.

wired4sound

« Reply #2 on: 30 Jan 2012, 05:11 pm »
LS speaker is one my candidate. I am willing to take a look. Please send me a pm for details.
Thanks.

Jerrin

« Reply #3 on: 31 Jan 2012, 04:02 am »
Geez!   That is an incredible price!   I really don't need another pair of LS speakers....   But geez, what a price!      :o

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #4 on: 31 Jan 2012, 04:05 am »
Seems like no one wants them, maybe its got to do with the fact that they likely have the lowest WAF possible
No, that honor goes to the LS9's, as my wife reminded me tonight.  However, she's a peach and continues to put up with them and me. 
Regardless, the LS6's are a very serious speaker.  Very good buy at anything under $3000.

Jerrin

« Reply #5 on: 31 Jan 2012, 04:33 am »
I'm a very lucky guy.  My wife loves the 9's.   She encouraged me to buy my first and second set.  Also my 6's....     :thumb:

She's a great lady.    :D

MichaelHiFi

« Reply #6 on: 31 Jan 2012, 04:01 pm »
I'm a very lucky guy.  My wife loves the 9's.   She encouraged me to buy my first and second set.  Also my 6's....     :thumb:

She's a great lady.    :D

Our wives should get together  :lol: My wife wanted the 9's over the 6's. I was the one who defaulted to the "smaller" version  :oops:

Gotchaforce, if I wasn't building the Super V's, and if I had another room, and more money, and more equipment..

Heck I gotta sell My Tyler Acoustics D1's!  :(

LarryB

« Reply #7 on: 31 Jan 2012, 07:08 pm »
For some women, size does matter.

:lol:  :icon_lol:

gotchaforce

« Reply #8 on: 1 Feb 2012, 12:49 am »
For full disclosure the speakers are somewhat flawed, check out the avs listing

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=16939

Frankly i think i went overboard with the documentation of flaws and everyone thinks the speakers look like crap... when in reality only under very specific lighting conditions do the flaws reveal themselves. I could probably have never mentioned any of it and when people came to audition them never said a word and they likely would not have noticed until they were already sitting in the buyers house  :tempted:

gotchaforce

« Reply #9 on: 1 Feb 2012, 12:52 am »
Our wives should get together  :lol: My wife wanted the 9's over the 6's. I was the one who defaulted to the "smaller" version  :oops:

Gotchaforce, if I wasn't building the Super V's, and if I had another room, and more money, and more equipment..

Heck I gotta sell My Tyler Acoustics D1's!  :(

for some reason i was under the impression you had some tyler acoustic bookshelf speakers... Now that i know you have D1s in your house i feel sorry for you (almost ;) ), its a pain getting rid of huge speakers! but typically the bigger the speaker is the better  :green:

The mental image of a room with LS-6s then some almost-as-large speakers sitting in the corner is laughable, because thats audio insanity right there. Must be nice for those audiophiles who are content with small low efficiency bookshelf speakers (that quickly encounter driver compression as soon as you put any power into them..). Their speakers can actually be shipped for under $100... an entirely foreign concept to me.

MichaelHiFi

« Reply #10 on: 1 Feb 2012, 05:08 am »
More than a few friends feel that I'm insane. One in particular, tonight, at a brewery, I mentioned that I bough an amp $2600, insane, then I discovered he has 5 cars and 3 motorcycles.

Who's insane?  :scratch:

I'll need to sell the Decades locally. No box   :(

woofersus

• Industry Participant
  • Authorized Dealer: Melody & Angel City Audio
    • East Street Audio
« Reply #11 on: 1 Feb 2012, 05:18 am »
Crazy low price.  That doesn't even cover raw materials.  If I had the space and was near you I'd grab them in a heartbeat.

Cheeseboy

« Reply #12 on: 6 Feb 2012, 10:28 pm »
Wired,

Did you buy these yet?  They are priced very low. 

Steve

wired4sound

« Reply #13 on: 7 Feb 2012, 05:36 am »
Steve,

No, not yet. I have not auditioned the speaker since I am out of town. I will when I get back. Hopefully it is still available.

gotchaforce

« Reply #14 on: 8 Feb 2012, 02:53 pm »
Still available for audition/purchase.

gotchaforce

« Reply #15 on: 20 Feb 2012, 10:22 pm »
No one has even auditioned them... got ads on audiogon, craigslist, avs... i guess big speakers in home theater have gone the way of the dodo.

Danny Richie

« Reply #16 on: 20 Feb 2012, 10:27 pm »
Those should have moved pretty fast. Post a few pics and that will get them to moving.

Shipping cost might be a concern for some, but your price is so low that even with a high shipping cost they are a really great deal.

gotchaforce

« Reply #17 on: 20 Feb 2012, 10:41 pm »
I have had pics in the audigon, avs, and craigslist ads

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ele/2847182843.html

Maybe people just glaze over when presented with so much information, but im all for being meticulous that way no one drives an hour just to be upset that the speakers enclosures are flawed.

One problem is audiogon no longer has zip code search, my ad has 700 views and is almost expired

https://app.audiogon.com/listings/462043

I havent gotten a single inquiry from my audiogon ad however. I dont know what is up with that. Ive had one guy email me over craigslist saying he was interested but can only pick them up once hes done moving (he said that over a week ago and i contacted him and he said he still moving...).

How would you recommend i ship these if i do not have the original boxes?? How much does freight normally cost? $300-$400?

gotchaforce

« Reply #18 on: 21 Feb 2012, 03:52 am »
Maybe im scaring people away when describing the cabinets

Took these pics at 4pm, one at regular eye level, notice how its almost impossible to see any cracks or wrinkles
http://i.imgur.com/uDALT.jpg

then one literally kneeling on the ground
http://i.imgur.com/Yftb5.jpg

Thats slightly cloud skies in the bay area... tough weather we have here, rained maybe 3 times in 2012 so far  :green:

Jerrin

« Reply #19 on: 21 Feb 2012, 04:02 am »
I'm awful tempted....   But I think my wife would kill me!     :nono:

Nevertheless, maybe these are not "show house" speakers, but these would be perfect for a HT situation.  I think the biggest problem is that obviously most of the people looking have not heard the LS series, because if they had they would be fighting over such an inexpensive pair. 

My LS speakers literally transformed my home theater.   I've never heard a better speaker line for the HT experience than the LS series. 

Danny,  :thumb:
« Last Edit: 21 Feb 2012, 03:54 pm by Jerrin »