Bryston 2012 New Models

Stu Pitt

Re: Bryston 2012 New Models
« Reply #80 on: 4 Feb 2012, 04:55 am »
How about a B1000 consisting of the 28Bs and BP-26 in one chassis?

Talk about a statement product  :green:

Stu Pitt

« Reply #81 on: 4 Feb 2012, 05:01 am »
On a serious note, I think a product along the lines of the Naim UnitiQute would be really cool.

Vipers

« Reply #82 on: 6 Feb 2012, 01:42 pm »
On a serious note, I think a product along the lines of the Naim UnitiQute would be really cool.

I work in a HiFi shop in the UK and our hot product at the moment is the Naim SuperUniti, basically a streamer, high quality dac, pre and 80wpc amp, all in one box, so I have long thought that if Bryston could bring out an integrated with a version of the BDP-1 built in it would be a really hot product.

Trouble is time it has made it over the pond it may well end up being a little on the expensive side, got to be worth looking at though.

Stu Pitt

« Reply #83 on: 6 Feb 2012, 08:47 pm »
The reason I said UnitiQute instead of Uniti was that the Qute doesn't have the CD drive, whereas the Uniti does.  It seems a bit odd to me, but what do I know?

The SuperUniti looks like a great product.  Haven't heard it, but if it's not s departure from everything they've been doing, I'm sure it's a great product.

If I had the space/need/use for a second system and could afford to make it based around a Uniti, they'd be no question that that's what I'd go with.

I think Bryston would do so much better abroad if they were priced more inline with here in NA.  I'm not calling James & Co out, as I'm pretty sure there's a ton of actors involved.

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #84 on: 7 Feb 2012, 04:05 am »
How do you know what Bryston is doing abroad?

Stu Pitt

« Reply #85 on: 7 Feb 2012, 04:16 am »
That's an educated guess.   Considering in Europe the prices are about double what they are here in North America, I'd say they're not nearly as competitive.  I've heard a lot of people on forums who've heard Bryston overseas say if it was the same price there as it is over here, they'd be all over it.

Alpha10

« Reply #86 on: 7 Feb 2012, 08:49 am »
I am afraid this is true, here in the UK, Bryston prices are very high. For example the SP3 is the equivalent of over $16,000, making it I am sorry to say, quite uncompetitive and out of reach of most people. Obviously they will still sell some (including to me) but if they were the same price as in the US, they would be much more popular and available to a greater audience, this is not a dig at Bryston in any way, it is UK import that is the problem. I do feel it is a shame...

Cheers

That's an educated guess.   Considering in Europe the prices are about double what they are here in North America, I'd say they're not nearly as competitive.  I've heard a lot of people on forums who've heard Bryston overseas say if it was the same price there as it is over here, they'd be all over it.

Vipers

« Reply #87 on: 7 Feb 2012, 05:43 pm »
I have to agree to some extent but I do feel Bryston's quality is definately appreciated over here in the UK, since I've been in the trade, only for the last 8 months, but I've sold far more Bryston equipment than either Linn and Meridian put together, both UK brands, and almost as much as Naim tbh, so I think price isn't the only deciding factor with the UK market, quality really does count, saying that, just imagine how much they would sell if it was priced more competitively to UK brands, on the flip side we do get PMC at a better price than the US :)

SoundGame

« Reply #88 on: 22 Feb 2012, 06:24 pm »
A new integrated is a good idea but not a high powered one. For that you need a separate pre and power. I think a more powerful B100 makes some sense.

James

Any more on the posibility of a new integrated SST amplifier in 2012?  A B150, leveraging the 3B amplifier design, as the current B100 leverages the 2B design, as I understand it.

If you were to go this route, I guess it would need to take the form of the B100 rather than the B60, but would a 150 wpc integrated fit in the B100 box, if you maintain the same robust power supply and filtering as well as output devices in the 3B?

SoundGame

« Reply #89 on: 22 Feb 2012, 06:30 pm »
Any more on the posibility of a new integrated SST amplifier in 2012?  A B150, leveraging the 3B amplifier design, as the current B100 leverages the 2B design, as I understand it.

If you were to go this route, I guess it would need to take the form of the B100 rather than the B60, but would a 150 wpc integrated fit in the B100 box, if you maintain the same robust power supply and filtering as well as output devices in the 3B?

And, while you're at that, perhaps raising the output on the B60R to an official 75 wpc would be great and have its name changed to B75-SST

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #90 on: 22 Feb 2012, 07:41 pm »
And, while you're at that, perhaps raising the output on the B60R to an official 75 wpc would be great and have its name changed to B75-SST

I think an integrated with more power than the B100 makes some sense.

james

SoundGame

« Reply #91 on: 22 Feb 2012, 07:53 pm »

james

If it's making sense then I'm sure I wouldn't be far off to guess the wheels of invention or re-invention are already turning on this.   :idea:

Can't wait until you're able to share any details and/or poll us for some feedback - especially from those current integrated owners.  :drool:

lanchile

« Reply #92 on: 23 Feb 2012, 02:44 am »
Can it be a more powerful than the B100 but also can it be Passive? Like The Acurus DIA100 or Portal panache to mention some. :scratch: With stepped ladder potentiometer. Simpler and better!! :thumb:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=passive%20preamp&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CFUQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dact.com%2Fhtml%2Fpassive_preamp.html&ei=u6FFT6eSOOHV0QHBzJjqAw&usg=AFQjCNEYMusyICI_9K7VX0s0yiyV7Ng3Jw

lanchile

« Reply #93 on: 23 Feb 2012, 02:53 am »
This is the Portal panache road! I think Bryston can do it better! :thumb:

http://www.portalaudio.com/panache_specs.html

servingko

« Reply #94 on: 23 Feb 2012, 03:19 pm »
I would be very interested in a more powerful integrated but can't decide between a BP16/3BSST2 combo or a BP6/3BSST2 product.  Having owned the B100 and currently running a BP6/4BSST2, I have to say I prefer the BP6 sound over the BP16.

I also have a 2BSST2 and like it better paired with the BP6 than the B100.  To me it sounds more musical, fuller, and more organic if that makes sense.  I like the 12v triggers, pass through, and full function remote of the BP16 though.

SoundGame

« Reply #95 on: 23 Feb 2012, 04:00 pm »
I would be very interested in a more powerful integrated but can't decide between a BP16/3BSST2 combo or a BP6/3BSST2 product.  Having owned the B100 and currently running a BP6/4BSST2, I have to say I prefer the BP6 sound over the BP16.

I also have a 2BSST2 and like it better paired with the BP6 than the B100.  To me it sounds more musical, fuller, and more organic if that makes sense.  I like the 12v triggers, pass through, and full function remote of the BP16 though.

Interesting impressions servingko.  I have a BP6 with a 4B-SST2 and enjoy it very much.  Though I haven't compared it to the BP16, I've heard comments much like yours from others i.e. that the BP6 sounds more organic/analogue-like vs. the BP16, without sacrificing anything in transparency and detail. 
Personally, though I do like to have more control via a remote e.g. balance, input select, as is the case with the BP16, I would be more tempted to move to a BP26 then the BP16, for the only reason that the BP26 would be everything the BP6 is plus a little more e.g. balanced outs, marginally less distortion.

Mad Max

« Reply #96 on: 23 Feb 2012, 04:36 pm »
I moved up from the BP6 to the BP26 a little less than a year ago and found it to be a BIG step up.  Now I am looking at the SP3... Oh, my poor wife  :shake:

servingko

« Reply #97 on: 23 Feb 2012, 06:10 pm »
Boy I hear you on that.  I have been reading everything I can find about the SP3 and trying to resist.  I had an SP1, 1.7, and 2 but currently I am using 2 BP6's and a B60 for my 6 channel preamp along with a 4B, 2B, and a pair of PP300's.  It sounds great but is a bit goofy for my wife to use with all the buttons, switches and knobs.

Stu Pitt

« Reply #98 on: 25 Feb 2012, 02:31 am »

james

Hence why I recommended a B1000  :green:

SoundGame

« Reply #99 on: 25 Feb 2012, 02:52 am »
A new integrated is a good idea but not a high powered one. For that you need a separate pre and power. I think a more powerful B100 makes some sense.

James

Sorry Stu but the B1000 isn't gonna happen 'cause the man also said (see above). :cry: